Community Round-Up: October 25th, 2012

CourtneyWoods

Hey everyone!

Please use this thread to discuss the Community Round-Up as well as nominate threads, events, or discussions about SWTOR for next week's blog.

You can also PM me any nominations as well! :w_smile:

As a friendly reminder, the purpose of this blog is not to highlight the most talked about issues on the forums or for popular community concerns or issues. We’re looking for suggestions of fun, interesting, and productive threads that highlight the community and its creations and activities. Submissions that don’t meet the guidelines will be removed.

Thanks for staying on topic!

4 Man HM Soa isn't something I found interesting,

Story EV has been 3 manned (Torva Nex) and Nightmare EV has been 4 manned (Ambient).

Other than that the Jung Ma posts were rather cool, it's nice that there is open world PvP other than ganking. Sometimes I miss the Illum matches - zerging or not, they were fun.

Hello Bioware.

I'm writting to you as a competitive PvP'er and a fan of your product, who's been playing since release.

I've been participating with guild mates in server organised arena-like PvP tournaments ( in ToFN) lately, and it serves my best interest when it comes to arenas (by far my biggest interest in an MMO, like to many other players, actually way more than you know). But I also realise that it's a 100% community based effort to put this kind of event up, and not even the organisers can prevent certain mishaps from taking place, nor it does provide any kind of status for the participants (except the fun you fail to provide us with) since there's no system created by you which can back it up (i.e: Rating). All I see is your clients doing your job.

When viewing the list of such events throughout all the SW:TOR servers, I was appalled about the crushing predominance of PvP, arena-like tournaments there are in it. Which, in my opinion, goes only to show the relavance of this type of competitve gameplay has for the majority of your PvP'ers, and how much you've lacked in taking it into account.

That being said, I'll make yet another appeal for your game developer's common sense - in order to have this game to take the next big step it undoubtly needs - and at least consider putting some thought into the matter of creating Arenas in SW:TOR, even using the same MMR system as there is at the moment for RWZ's. That's an idea you should take while it's still time.

Just putting it out there,

Dux.

Hey BioWare,

Probably should have gotten this out sooner, but, better late than never. On the Jedi Covenant server, the Alea Iacta Est Guild on the Empire side ran a very successful World Boss (Snowblind, Gargath and The Primal Destroyer) on 25 Oct. and is planning to do it again on 30 Oct. We had 16 people run it and had space for 8 more. So if anyone might be interested in coming along, just lookup "alea" with the Who tool and ask a lvl 50 person, we'll get you to the right spot. :D

I would nominate a thread that NEEDS to be in FOCUS....BUT....it will just be DELETED AGAIN with NO EXPLANATION by mods!!!

I'm Happy that other servers are able to hold different & successful events...However My Servers are not able to ATM...BUT THIS IS SOMETHING THAT "SHALL NOT BE DISCUSSED"