No Planetary commendation quest reward???

JacksonMo

I hopped onto my Sorcerer and decided after cashing in my stack of PC's to round out my companion's gear from old Tionese mods to Rakata at the Makeb vendor on Fleet and noticed I still had the Hoth bonus series in my quest log.

It was still green, so I decided "what the heck!" Well imagine my surprise when I got nothing but rubbish gear, xp and a few credits for my trouble!!

I could understand if we were talking about a quest that was grey. We wouldn't want people farming Rakata grade mods on Nar Shadaa would we?

What happened?

Not sure why you expect to get any.

First of all, you can already farm planets even lower level than Nar Shaddaa with level 55 characters and get planetary commendations, so it has nothing to do with outleveling the content.

You will not get planetary commendations from any bonus series missions for reasons that should be fairly obvious if you know anything about what the commendations system was before 2.0, with planet specific commendations instead of just planetary commendations shared by all planets

To put it simply if you are on Hoth then you receive now planetary commendations from those missions that before 2.0 rewarded Hoth commendations. Once you did the bonus series however you outleveled the gear bought by the original Hoth commendations by so much it would not have made any sense for them to reward Hoth commendations anymore and it would not make sense either to have missions on Hoth to reward another planet's commendations, so therefore the bonus series awarded no commendations at all before 2.0

Since it did not reward any commendations before 2.0 it does not reward any now either, because the only change they made for leveling planets was to change the type of commendations on those missions that already did award commendations.

Edited by Eternalnight

I found an easy way to get planet coms is simply to do an evening of PvP matches

then trade the warzone coms into planet coms at the PvP items vendor

Nice to know. I might have known that if I was a PvPer. But I'm into PvP like politicians like being honest.

all material I have been able to find indicates that the Hoth bonus series does not and did not reward with commendations. other bonus series' did but not this one.

I was not aware of this. I wasn't really paying attention when I did them on my BH, since the OLD commendations became dated so quickly. I don't always do the bonus series and this was the first time I've taken the time to do one since 2.0 went live.

all material I have been able to find indicates that the Hoth bonus series does not and did not reward with commendations. other bonus series' did but not this one.

The bonus series that started immediately after the normal planet mission series might have given commendations but bonus series that started several levels higher than the last normal mission did not. Hoth is not the only such example.

Edited by Eternalnight

The bonus series that started immediately after the normal planet mission series might have given commendations but bonus series that started several levels higher than the last normal mission did not. Hoth is not the only such example.
I can confirm and expand on this. Nar Shaddaa and Alderaan on the republic side, would be the other situations. As was mentioned, basically the few instances where the bonus series level is considerably higher than the main planet level. It would make no sense to give Nar Shaddaa commendations for completing content of a level way beyond Nar Shaddaa. So instead the missions usually offer a free blue storage box or credit box of appropriate level. They probably *could* have gone through and re-wrote the bonus series missions rewards after the commendation change, but it's so easy to get planetary comms now that would have been an extreme waste of time and resources. Personally, I like the item rewards. The orange items are 90% of the reason I even bother with bonus series.