leveling in both PvP and PvE?

McDaniels

So from level 10 to 16 i've done nothing but warzones and now I'm getting a little bit burned out and want to go back to doing some quests, but, of course, all my quests are now gray to me.

Basically what I'm wondering is: Is it possible to effectively mix and match between PvP and PvE, or are you just going to keep getting too far ahead? Can I just go to the next tier planet or do I need to do all the story quests to get there first?

So from level 10 to 16 i've done nothing but warzones and now I'm getting a little bit burned out and want to go back to doing some quests, but, of course, all my quests are now gray to me.

Basically what I'm wondering is: Is it possible to effectively mix and match between PvP and PvE, or are you just going to keep getting too far ahead? Can I just go to the next tier planet or do I need to do all the story quests to get there first?

You will have to do some of your class quest. You get important items (Like your ship), and you cannot ignore those quests the entire time. Given the rate at which queues pop, I try to do some quests while I wait. My advice would be to do more PvE than PvP, as you can max out on commendations quickly.

After you get the PvP armor and weapon set, you need more levels to get the next teir, and since commendations only cap at 1,000, it is pointless to keep playing. Do your class story on each planet first, and queue for PvP in the mean time. Leveling also slows way down after the capital planet.

I have been enjoying PvP a lot, I did PvP from 10-17 like you, and just blitz through dromund kaas in about 40 minutes just doing my class quest line only.

I plan to PvP quite a bit and go through Balmorra in pretty much the same fashion.