Chapter 2 or 3 for class buff?

Qwurdilu

Mr. Zoeller noted in an interview that you have to bring your character to chapter 2 in order to get the specific class buff avaible for other chars via legacy. Altough, on several pages it is stated you need to finish chapter 2 to unlock classbuff.

So, will you get the buff until reaching chapter 2, or after finishing it?

Will the buff work in pvp?

It is likely you will have to finish chapter 2, otherwise they would have said finish chapter 1 (as that is when you start chapter 2).

The buff modifies your current buff to include the new stats, if I recall. So it should work regardless of where you are.

thats what everyone says, but in the interview on darthater i saw this:

Georg Zoeller: "The buffs are a separate thing that you get for bringing the class to Chapter 2"

(http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19979-guild-summit-interview-with-georg-zoeller/page-2)

Honestly the Darth Hater interview was at the end of two long days, with me not even having a voice any more. It's possible that I said something wrong here. I'll ask William Wallace, the Designer responsible for Legacy, to clarify.

didnt wanted to pin you down on a specific passage, i just wondered since theres different information around.

Im happy about any information so i know how far i have to lvl to get those buffs for pvp.

(even more happy if its just chapter 1 :D)

P.S.: THE william wallace? send him greetings, loved how he kicked asses in Braveheart :p

Edited by Qwurdilu

It is likely you will have to finish chapter 2, otherwise they would have said finish chapter 1 (as that is when you start chapter 2).

The buff modifies your current buff to include the new stats, if I recall. So it should work regardless of where you are.

HOPE it works like that and i don't need to add 3 more skills to my crowded bars all ready.

• Dev Post
Honestly the Darth Hater interview was at the end of two long days, with me not even having a voice any more. It's possible that I said something wrong here. I'll ask William Wallace, the Designer responsible for Legacy, to clarify.

Clarification begins...now.

The class buff unlocks occur when a character finishes Chapter 2. At that point, that character's class buff is unlocked for all characters of his legacy.

Each class' buff applies all of your unlocked class buffs with a single click. It's not 4 buttons you have to keep on your quickbar. One click, all the buffs.

An example: I have an Imperial Agent that finishes Chapter 2. The Agent unlocks his class buff for my legacy. I now go log onto my level 1 Sith Inquisitor. When my Sith Inquisitor casts Mark of Power, it ALSO applies the effects of Coordination, since I have unlocked the Agent's buff.

Furthermore, to get the full set of buffs, you only need to unlock 4 classes. Unlocking the buff for Agent and Smuggler still only nets you a single buff effect, so you can't stack their +Crit bonuses together. (Because that might be a wee bit overpowered. Maybe.)

Clarification ends... now.

P.S.: THE william wallace? send him greetings, loved how he kicked asses in Braveheart :p

Actually William Wallace is the famous Darth Platypus. I once got an award from him for Guide Writing for providing insights into his awesome space mining system.

According to the legacy tooltip it requires completion of the chapter 2 quests to unlock the buff/emote (and chapter 3 for the heroic moment ability). I'll see if I can get an alt to the end of chapter 1 to see if it unlocks over the weekend.

Currently on PTS - checked a minute ago - the Legacy screen says 'Requires completion of <class> chapter 2 class quests'. But that could of course change bevore 1.2 goes live.

Sad face.

I have, along with others I play with, rushed up some unloved alts to 32(ish) so we'd have buffs ready to be unlocked. My understanding from that interview and from the summit was that we simply had to complete chapter 1. I don't believe we are in the minority thinking that. I'll be quite disappointed to find out this info was wrong :(

I have been looking for information on this part of legacy since it was announced. Is it possible to buy the unlock to the buffs or is this one of the required play to unlock?

Found my answer, cannot buy them...sad panda.

Edited by Samous

Is it also bound to a specific lvl, or is it possible to be pulled trhough classquests by a lvl 50 friend until chapter2?

Assuming like most things in the game tied to class quest completion (companions, ship, legacy surname) you should be able to get powered through if you want.

Assuming like most things in the game tied to class quest completion (companions, ship, legacy surname) you should be able to get powered through if you want.

I tried it today and it doesnt work, because you have to have a minum level for some planets.

e.g.: you cant enter quesh without consulting a medical officer, but you cant visit him before a specific lvl. With my lvl 28 he doesnt give me any quest, so i cant visit quesh and therefore cant proceed with classquest. So the bad news for all the rushers: you have to lvl the normal way

The class buff unlocks occur when a character finishes Chapter 2. At that point, that character's class buff is unlocked for all characters of his legacy.

Each class' buff applies all of your unlocked class buffs with a single click. It's not 4 buttons you have to keep on your quickbar. One click, all the buffs.

An example: I have an Imperial Agent that finishes Chapter 2. The Agent unlocks his class buff for my legacy. I now go log onto my level 1 Sith Inquisitor. When my Sith Inquisitor casts Mark of Power, it ALSO applies the effects of Coordination, since I have unlocked the Agent's buff.

Furthermore, to get the full set of buffs, you only need to unlock 4 classes. Unlocking the buff for Agent and Smuggler still only nets you a single buff effect, so you can't stack their +Crit bonuses together. (Because that might be a wee bit overpowered. Maybe.)

Thanks for the clarification. Off topic but why is there such a massive delay between when the system claims you made the post and when it actually shows up both here and on Dev tracker? This only showed up a few minutes ago, yet in the thread it appears like you were right in the middle of everyone talking.

I have been looking for information on this part of legacy since it was announced. Is it possible to buy the unlock to the buffs or is this one of the required play to unlock?

Found my answer, cannot buy them...sad panda.

You have to play.

There are other unlocks that you have to pay for.

Other ones that you can play or pay for.

One question will not touch - work on WZ?

Thanks for the clarification. Off topic but why is there such a massive delay between when the system claims you made the post and when it actually shows up both here and on Dev tracker? This only showed up a few minutes ago, yet in the thread it appears like you were right in the middle of everyone talking.

PR reasons, they post ahead of the time but hide it until its been given the "ok" by the fact-checkers and grammer nazi's.

One question will not touch - work on WZ?

They stated in the guild summit that it does work in Warzones, so you can have one person have 4 characters up to chapter 2 and then go into a Civil War match with 8 troopers and still have all 4 buffs.

Furthermore, to get the full set of buffs, you only need to unlock 4 classes.

Isn't this is wrong, you'd only need 3 40's (or so. one of each class) to have all four buffs, provided you're not playing a duplicate class?

So, people have to play their Operative/Scoundrel only to Chapter 2 to replace this class fully for Operation/Rated PvP - Reasons, and get the Critbuff for their raidworthy class? Nice. You still have Raid Loot forOperative/Scoundrel?

Cause frankly i dont see a niche for those 2 advanced classes anymore.

Edited by Kheldras

Have you played this class?

Operative healers have gotten a nice little buff in 1.2. We are actually quite viable now, and have had our energy issues by and large eliminated with the PTS. It's a great time to be an op healer.

This pobably has been asked before (hopefully). But is it possible (i hope not) to stack mirror classes buffs. For example you have finished act 2 with a SW and finished act 2 on a JK and get both of the class buffs for any toons you play.

And another question is it possible for a Sith toon to get Jedi buffs and vice versa?