Gear Drop in the two new Operations 2.4

First of all I want to thank Bioware for the Cantina Tour in Cologne yesterday ,it was awesome talking to you Guys.

Now to my Question which could not be answered ,because Damion forgot :) what the Op-Team told him before they traveled to Germany.

What Gear is going to drop in the two new Operations in Story Mode?

Are you going to give away the 75 Gear or will it be like Asation where Rakata dropped?

And please mind my bad English, it is not my first language.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna Guess that story mode drops Underworld

And Hard mode drops the new tier.

Kind of like how Asation was when it first came out.

What I was assuming as well. Here's to hoping it doesn't actually trivialize current gear. ...Which it probably will.

Something I found interesting on the PTS is that 3 vendors are missing from the PVE sections, classic are still there but Basic, Elite and Underworld are not so assuming whatever changes come are going to affect all 3.

My guesses are we will either see basic comms scrapped for a new comms/gearing system, or will still have the current gearing system but the basic vendor will sell higher tier gear than it does currently (i.e. buy Black market/Verpine just from basic comms, while Elite/Ultimate vendors reserved for both Kell and the new tier).

SM- Underworld (Rating 162 Reccomended)

HM- Kell Dragon (Rating 168 Reccomended)

NiM- New Gear Set (Rating 174 Reccomended)

SM probably will have lower recommendations than UW. Arkanian tops, maybe even Basic. Somehow I don't see even HM having KD as the recommended level, closer to UW seems more likely.

//Nevermind, understood your post incorrectly. :p

Edited by Memo-

SM- Underworld (Rating 162 Reccomended)

HM- Kell Dragon (Rating 168 Reccomended)

NiM- New Gear Set (Rating 174 Reccomended)

Their not gonna make the HM drop Kell Dragon gear as we can already get it with S&V and TfB NiM and I highly doubt they will release the NiM version of the new raids right off the bat.

Weekly Quest on PTS said:

Recommended Gear level:

Story Mode: Item Rating 156

Hard Mode: Item Rating 162

So would guess from that maybe a new set bonus for 72 (SM) / 75 (HM)

Gearing people into 75's ready for next NiM progression

I would almost guess that NiM raid might come December/Jan with a new expansion around March/April or so

Edited by Solar_Breeze

Actually the mission on the PTS - [Weekly] The Dread Masters - recommends 156 gear (Basic) for Story Mode and 168 gear (Underworld) for Hard Mode. That tends to suggest that SM drops Arkanian and HM drops Kell Dragon. As a comparison, the currently TFB and S&V weeklies recommend 156 for SM and 162 for HM.

As another poster noted, all the Basic/Elite/Ultimate vendors are gone on the PTS,

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but to complete the Weekly, you need to either defeat Corruptor Zero in Operation: Dread Fortress or Dread Master Raptus in Operation: Dread Palace.

Actually the mission on the PTS - [Weekly] The Dread Masters - recommends 156 gear (Basic) for Story Mode and 168 gear (Underworld) for Hard Mode. That tends to suggest that SM drops Arkanian and HM drops Kell Dragon. As a comparison, the currently TFB and S&V weeklies recommend 156 for SM and 162 for HM.

As another poster noted, all the Basic/Elite/Ultimate vendors are gone on the PTS,

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but to complete the Weekly, you need to either defeat Corruptor Zero in Operation: Dread Fortress or Dread Master Raptus in Operation: Dread Palace.

Yeah you can already see all the boss names in the lockouts tab.

Here are the names from the lockout window:

Dread Fortress

Corruptor Zero

Dread Master Brontes

Gate Commander Draxus

Grob'thok, Who Feeds the Forge

Nefra, Who Bars the Way

Dread Palace

Dread Master Bestia

Dread Master Calphayus

Dread Master Raptus

Dread Master Tyrans

The Dread Masters

The problem with HM dropping KD is that a new tier is supposed to be coming out, and since NiM won't be out right away, it has to be in HM or SM, which suggests it will be in HM.

The problem with HM dropping KD is that a new tier is supposed to be coming out, and since NiM won't be out right away, it has to be in HM or SM, which suggests it will be in HM.

Has it been explicitly said that 2.4 will launch with a new tier of gear? All I know is that they said that a new tier of gear would accompany the new operations. To me, it is reasonable that NiM would drop the new tier given past experience. If HM dropped the new tier then it would have to require KD to complete. That just doesn't seem in-line with what we've seen from BW in the past (i.e. HM isn't necessarily accessible to the casual raider, but it is accessible to the casual guild).

I just don't see them limiting HM to the very elite guilds that have their raid members decked out in full KD already. To me it seems much more reasonable that SM would require 69s and drop 72s, HM will require 72s and drop 75's, and then NiM (somewhere down the road) requires 75s and drops the new tier. Of course this is all speculation, as we don't know what BW will actually do and I haven't even been on the PTS. It just seems this has been the method they've used in the past.

Has it been explicitly said that 2.4 will launch with a new tier of gear?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6555457

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.

New Operation: Dread Fortress

New Operation: Dread Palace

New 4v4 Warzone Arenas

New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

Has it been explicitly said that 2.4 will launch with a new tier of gear? All I know is that they said that a new tier of gear would accompany the new operations. To me, it is reasonable that NiM would drop the new tier given past experience. If HM dropped the new tier then it would have to require KD to complete. That just doesn't seem in-line with what we've seen from BW in the past (i.e. HM isn't necessarily accessible to the casual raider, but it is accessible to the casual guild).

I just don't see them limiting HM to the very elite guilds that have their raid members decked out in full KD already. To me it seems much more reasonable that SM would require 69s and drop 72s, HM will require 72s and drop 75's, and then NiM (somewhere down the road) requires 75s and drops the new tier. Of course this is all speculation, as we don't know what BW will actually do and I haven't even been on the PTS. It just seems this has been the method they've used in the past.

Yeah, it would be accessible by non-elitist guilds, because if HM drops the new tier, SM could drop underworld and KD, so it would be easy to get KD geared.

I heard, dont remember where so cant defend it. Recomended for SM was Underworld and it drops 74's (not 75's Kell Dragon), with HM needing 74 Plus rating with the new tier of gear (above 75 Kell Dragon) droping.

Something like this could be right, they didn't say there would be just one tier of new PvE gear.

Has it been explicitly said that 2.4 will launch with a new tier of gear?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6555457

Zitat:

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.

New Operation: Dread Fortress

New Operation: Dread Palace

New 4v4 Warzone Arenas

New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

<- They are only saying they are bringing "New PvE Gear", not exactly that they are bringing a new "TIER of gear". So it could be just design/colours or maybe a new set bonus...

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

Weekly Quest on PTS said:

Recommended Gear level:

Story Mode: Item Rating 156

Hard Mode: Item Rating 162

So would guess from that maybe a new set bonus for 72 (SM) / 75 (HM)

Gearing people into 75's ready for next NiM progression

True and the new nightmare will be released as this the last update around december i think as a "Christmas present?"

I think you will find in the nightmare the new gear (77 oder 78ish), giving or 2-5% Players who already have actually cleared the current nightmare a little headstart in optimizing ther 75ish gear. In the German Community at least you can count the guilds who can farm more than bracers and belts with the 10 fingers of your hand. I would say that more than half of the active raiding guilds hasn´t even cleared darvanis and asation hard mode yet. They don´t need to do the big jumps they had to do with Denova due to the much smaller group of people beeing full 72 or let alone full 75 in comparison to Rakata at that time;)

+ I think 75ish will be reconstructable in October or November (or December whenever the 77ish gets available), would like to see them continue the itemspiralmethod they used, with the 55 operation, giving the best gear only to some in the "Nightmare" and making it avaible to all in the "normal progression" aka Hardmode when releasing new PvE Operations.

<- They are only saying they are bringing "New PvE Gear", not exactly that they are bringing a new "TIER of gear". So it could be just design/colours or maybe a new set bonus...

With "New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear" they mention PvE and PvP gear in the same sentence, and we already know there will be a new PvP tier. So if "New Elder Game" means new tier for PvP, it most likely does the same for PvE.

I'm guessing they'll add it on PTS soon, among with the new raids. I doubt bioware will release unfinished operations.