Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup Jeramie.

sorry did not understand the last part of your sentence.

What I expect, is them stopping doing the same mistakes again and again.

Like they know a vast majority of the players despite the 1.2 gear and still they display it in a promotion video.

Or the producer has been mocked about how non heroic are the bosses encounters and they display not 1 or two, but 4 in the same video.

Similarly they ask players what planets they want to see and the one chosen isn't even mentioned by one player in the topic. it's probably the least spoken about forums wide. It's not that much different for the Cathar either.

There's also the fact that players keeps hammering at world PvP and there's not one mention in the video.

I don't know, I'd just like them to get a damn clue!

What I mean is, as an entity that has been given creative license to add to Star Wars canon, since TOR is strictly EU, to expect TOR to conform only to Original Trilogy kind of content and appearances is silliness at best.

This is EU. Expect new things.

It'd be hard to imagine that Cathar would be playable by Empire, seeing as how Cathar detest the Empire and are allied with the Republic (aside from Legacy unlock, that is).

Although, I suppose Republic has been down a species compared to Empire since launch, and this could be evening the numbers.

As hard as Sith or Chiss for the republic but bending the lore even going totally against their initial core design does not seems to annoy them at all.

Edited by Deewe

That would be good to see more races and hopefully ones that stand out to be different like bothan, yoda race ( i mean really swtor could use this big secret to bring people back and should be able to reveal the yoda secret and let us play thier race) among other expected races from the community but also ones with multiple arms would be cool as well.

I wouldn't expect the yoda species to be playable...ever. George Lucas, himself, put the kibosh on that, along with wookiee jedi.

What I mean is, as an entity that has been given creative license to add to Star Wars canon, since TOR is strictly EU, to expect TOR to conform only to Original Trilogy kind of content and appearances is silliness at best.

This is EU. Expect new things.

Gotcha.

Well new is fine as long as it suits the lore.

IMHO this, this or this and that does not looks iconic to me. And we have them in game...

Edited by Deewe

Things you are, still, doing wrong:

• @0:21: First boss (Does not looks like SW to me, maybe Call of Cthulhu)
  • @0:22: Second boss (Not bad, not good either)
  • @0:24: Third boss (Coming for TSW promotion video, with magic portal in the back)
  • @0:51: Fourth boss (Not bad, not good either, does not feel very much SW though)

I'm sorry didn't know you were George Lucas and can immediately decide if something is Star Warsy or not, but I should check my memory because 0:22 and 0:51 look like droids. That seems Star Warsy to me. :rolleyes:

Judging from the title "Terror from Beyond" and the many areas of mid hyperspace we can assume this something from "Beyond" as in another galaxy that the game hints to so often. And the fact that this is a GALAXY where y'know an abundance of alien species can exist. TOR takes place fairly early in the SW universe where most of the galaxy is still undiscovered. So running into an unknown isn't uncommon.

Game keeps being many players kiting a single boss.

Pro tip: at 0:22 there's more than one boss during the fight. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why people think because Bioware says once that fighting a single enemy isn't heroic that people expect 99% of boss fights to consist of more than one enemy.

I wouldn't expect the yoda species to be playable...ever. George Lucas, himself, put the kibosh on that, along with wookiee jedi.

Thats true, but people can change their opinions, and also he retired from SW I believe, and the yoda secret reveal in swtor would be epic. Yoda race, and open world pvp with player housing! Then everyone plays swtor - and is the #1 MMO.

Nice one, really looking forward to it!

My question is the following, this will be a new CONTENT or a new EXPANSION?

Since I think, people are not playing with the game because of the low server pops and stuff, why should they buy the new EXPANSION. SO i hope this will be a content. No offense, I love the game, but hard to play with an MMO without fellow players.

Best,

Customer

Too little, too late.

I want this game to succeed, really I do. I'd like my CE to be worth the money I paid for it but this game has just been a repeated swift kick in the ********s. Cathar? Really? Another reskinned human. Where are the Rodians, or ANY other ALIEN race.

To me it just looks like they desperately raided what should have been xpac content in order to stop the bleeding. Im not saying this game is failing. Im saying it is not performing up to its expectations.

Please BW prove me wrong.

Nothing about PvP other than another warzone has me disappointed. I was also hoping for something major in space instead of missions. Looks like decent PVE content. Surprised no new gear brought up for the new operation.

I don't understand why people think because Bioware says once that fighting a single enemy isn't heroic that people expect 99% of boss fights to consist of more than one enemy.

http://i.imgur.com/Yc6so.jpg

Because many of the not so popular design choices and selling points, were advertised as innovation. Namely, raid overhaul where they hinted at a break from the common model.

Edited by Styxx

I'm sorry didn't know you were George Lucas and can immediately decide if something is Star Warsy or not, but I should check my memory because 0:22 and 0:51 look like droids. That seems Star Warsy to me. :rolleyes:.

Yup droids, but droids that look like coming from another IP.

IJudging from the title "Terror from Beyond" and the many areas of mid hyperspace we can assume this something from "Beyond" as in another galaxy that the game hints to so often. And the fact that this is a GALAXY where y'know an abundance of alien species can exist. TOR takes place fairly early in the SW universe where most of the galaxy is still undiscovered. So running into an unknown isn't uncommon.

Fair enough would they have depleted the iconic species.

People expect most boss fight being heroic, not boss kiting.

Do remember that this stuff will be spread out over several patches and there is no timetable on any of it besides it coming out in the next year. Level cap could easily be happening in 2013.

(2012).

This new content is exciting to me, but I feel like... well, like it's just like any other MMO. Increase the level cap, add a new raid, a new mini-game (space combat mission), a new race. Where's the innovation?

I thoroughly enjoy TOR and am having a blast playing it. When they said that they had something really exciting planned for space combat, I freaked. I LOVE space combat, but was constantly hoping they'd do more with it. I'm hoping they didn't just mean a new mission. Sure, it's cool and all, but "exciting"? Not really. I'm hoping for some co-op space combat or other such overhauls to it. That would be brilliant.

As for the new race, I'd have to say I'm not interested. I've really been looking forward to something like Nautolans (my number one choice), Togruta, or Calamarians. All of which have skins in-game, just like the Cathar. I'm just not a fan of Cathar, but certainly some people are. Here's hoping for some more races added in the future, especially one of the three I named.

Also, the new planet. It's cool that they're adding something new, but apparently they polled the community about what planet they wanted to see? I'd really like to see more stuff like that, poll the community about what planet, what new race, that they want to see, and then give us what is most highly voted. It's a much better strategy than assuming you know what we want without asking.

So, I have mixed feelings about the new content. It looks great, and new content is always exciting to me in a game I consider really fun and exciting. But I also feel like it's not anything that I really want. It's just some stuff the developers thought would be cool and threw in without asking what the public thinks. I'd really love to see more community interaction. This is STAR WARS we're talking about, with a huge license and huge fanbase. It's not Warcraft or Final Fantasy or Guild Wars where you can just make up what you want and give the community what you want because you decide what the community gets. This is an established license with hugely rich lore and all kinds of fantastic options for planets, races, classes, encounters, etc. It would be really great to communicate with the community more.

Also, a little anecdote on raising the level cap - not excited. But then, I don't really get excited about level-cap raising, unless it's done across very large spans of time. It makes previous content redundant more often than not, and the higher the level cap rises, the more difficult it is for new players to get into the endgame content. Just some things to think about. With STORY being what was the huge selling point for the game in the first place, I'd think that the STORY would be the thing that would be expanded first and foremost. That's what I want MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. More story. Continue the class stories please. That is the biggest and most unique part of this game, that truly makes it a gem. Everything else, to me, is standard MMO fare with a Star Wars flavoring. The story is the big gem in this game. I think, Bioware, that this is what you need to be focusing on first and foremost, and what I think the majority of players really want to see. Maybe take a poll? :)

Good luck with the game, Bioware. I look forward to seeing what comes next, and will continue playing for the foreseeable future. Thank you for this gem, Bioware. My one request from all of this is that you listen to the community and interact with them. They can make your game great.

Not really. I'm hoping for some co-op space combat or other such overhauls to it. That would be brilliant.

That would be VERY awesome!!!

I'm just not a fan of Cathar, but certainly some people are.

I'm a fan of them, and so is the g/f :D

With STORY being what was the huge selling point for the game in the first place, I'd think that the STORY would be the thing that would be expanded first and foremost. That's what I want MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. More story. Continue the class stories please. That is the biggest and most unique part of this game, that truly makes it a gem.

100% agreed there. Story (and VO) is what kept me attached to the game. It's what got the g/f to try the game and stick with it (her first MMO ever), and it'll be what gets her brother hooked as well. It's the reason why I level alts, which keeps me from being bored at level 50 for months on end. The story is the best part and I hope to see much much more done with it :D

Take a look at some of the exciting new content that will be coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ in the coming months, including new Space Combat missions, a new Operation, a brand new planet, called Makeb for you and your friends to explore, and more!

Watch Now

so in july SWTOR will copy world of warcraft yet again F2P up to level 15.... smart

Pandas are exactly the reason why i am playing this and not wow. Bioware really need to rethink what they are doing. Why put in a stupid species that only a small margin of crazy cat lovers like. I didnt like juuani and i hate jorgan (feel like i have an annoying pet cat following me around tha is about to roll over and start purring).

People will leave games nowadays for the smallest and silliest of reaons such as the implimentation of stupid species when we wanted something more epic. I am not saying im leaving but i am just terribilly disappointed.

You hsould read all the previous posts where people love Cathars...

I don't post much, i'm usually playing the game but this latest video really has me worried...

Talking about a new level cap when NM mode for Denova hasn't even been released yet? Really? Let's hope the loot for the new operation is actually an improvement over Rakata (in class primary stats instead of just endurance!)

Not sure I like the look of the giant warp centepede boss fight with everyone spread out on platforms... Doesn't look very Star Wars too me...

Space Combat looks lack lustre... Same flavour just with some graphical sprinkles added.. C'mon Bioware. You know damn well that changing space combat to something like what Jump to lightspeed was would have players coming back in droves!

More importantly, PLEASE hurry up with server transfers/merges. I had more fun levelling a new character to 10 on a "standard" population server during the extended maintenance period last week than i've had in the game in ages. 50+ people on Ord Mantell alone.... lucky if you see half that in the fleet these days

EDIT TO SAY : Makeb!?! WTH? I've never heard of this planet? What's wrong with Dantooine, Yavin, Geonosis, Naboo, etc. You know, planets that your every day SW fan will have heard of, and will want to visit? I have to admit, i'm not a big reader of the SW EU, but even googling MAKEB only produces links to Bagels and Bagel shops... Ahhhh now I know where you got the name from.....! ;)

Edited by Karlos

I know I'm usually a pessimistic voice around the boards, but I'll say this:

This little preview looks damned good - even the cinematics (many of which look wooden in content so far) look exciting and more natural (e.g. the ships flying, crashing et cetera).

I look forward to this, and hope the population issues and current pressing issues can be resolved soon - so that there are still people to play what's in store for the future, and so that it can come as soon as possible!