Recruiting GSF Group - JC (Rep)

Steamer

Hey folks,

My current guild, Contraband Inc, is expanding from Progression raiding into a Galactic Conquest team, a Casual Ops / Achievement group, and a DEDICATED GALACTIC STARFIGHTER GROUP! Yep, stop the press! An actual GSF-focused group of folks on the Jedi Covenant server!

The intention is to build around a rotating core of vet players and any up and coming folks who are passionate about GSF and are willing to learn and grow with the group. The current plan is to start with ad-hoc pre-queue groups, working together on VOIP, with growth into a dedicated team (or two), operating on a schedule that suits the players. The great news is that besides having a Mumble server with a GSF Channel ready to go, you'll also benefit from an established high-end raiding guild, and all the resources that players of this calibre bring to the table. Guild Capitol Ship unlock on day one, with an aggressive expansion plan to complete it as soon as possible. Support for all play styles, from hard-core to casual and everything in between. Want to play solo while you wait for the GSF pop? No problem. Want to knock out dailies, FPs or SM/HM Ops during your off-hours? We've got that covered too. Are you interested in taking part in high-end Progression Raiding with great group of folks who have set Server-First NiM kills? We've got that too!

If this sounds like something you've been looking for, then check out the website at http://www.contraband-inc.com/learnmore, or message me in game on either Decklen or Merkazian.

I have a question. I love playing GSF, never played in a group and I guess I am very asocial (don't like much FP, and never tried OP), but I want to try the conquest planet for the guild rewards, so I can craft and GSF. It would be too annoying to mostly not participate in other group focused activities and chat? It will be counter productive to just join and go solo on GSF if I feel like doing so?

:)

I have a question. I love playing GSF, never played in a group and I guess I am very asocial (don't like much FP, and never tried OP), but I want to try the conquest planet for the guild rewards, so I can craft and GSF. It would be too annoying to mostly not participate in other group focused activities and chat? It will be counter productive to just join and go solo on GSF if I feel like doing so?

:)

We are trying to expand our guild to have something for just about every play style, if you joined you would be free to participate or not participate in any aspect that you choose. Aside from our NiM progression team of course, that will remain by application and trial only (but if you join for other things you would be first in line in the event we need a sub for a night!)

But if you are only going to solo, why do you want to join in the first place?

We are trying to expand our guild to have something for just about every play style, if you joined you would be free to participate or not participate in any aspect that you choose. Aside from our NiM progression team of course, that will remain by application and trial only (but if you join for other things you would be first in line in the event we need a sub for a night!)

But if you are only going to solo, why do you want to join in the first place?

If I understand correctly, in order to benefit for guild rewards in conquest, you have to be in a guild that is in the leaderboard of that planet invasion. I tend to play GSF and would like to help to get that leaderboard up crafting invasion forces also, mostly for the rewards. I would love to fly in a group, but sometimes, for fun and try other ships, just fly alone maybe :p

If I understand correctly, in order to benefit for guild rewards in conquest, you have to be in a guild that is in the leaderboard of that planet invasion. I tend to play GSF and would like to help to get that leaderboard up crafting invasion forces also, mostly for the rewards. I would love to fly in a group, but sometimes, for fun and try other ships, just fly alone maybe :p

Hi, Shiften here (another Contraband officer).

This is borne out of having some awesome GSF and achievement focused folks in our progression raiding crew who would love more people to partake in those activities with them. To succeed in conquests, you need people, and lots of them, period.

We have no intention on dictating anyone's playstyle outside of that group of folks within the guild that loves and excels at progression raiding. where we have set windows of raid time, and the expectation that is "if you're on, you're on to raid".

If you want to craft, fly solo, fly with a team, or just grind achievements, you're more than welcome to do so with whatever time you spend in the guild as a member of the GSF or conquest teams. We have no expectations of you or anyone joining the guild for these teams other than:

- maturity

- a good attitude

- have fun.

Hey folks,

My current guild, Contraband Inc, is expanding from Progression raiding into a Galactic Conquest team, a Casual Ops / Achievement group, and a DEDICATED GALACTIC STARFIGHTER GROUP! Yep, stop the press! An actual GSF-focused group of folks on the Jedi Covenant server!

The intention is to build around a rotating core of vet players and any up and coming folks who are passionate about GSF and are willing to learn and grow with the group. The current plan is to start with ad-hoc pre-queue groups, working together on VOIP, with growth into a dedicated team (or two), operating on a schedule that suits the players. The great news is that besides having a Mumble server with a GSF Channel ready to go, you'll also benefit from an established high-end raiding guild, and all the resources that players of this calibre bring to the table. Guild Capitol Ship unlock on day one, with an aggressive expansion plan to complete it as soon as possible. Support for all play styles, from hard-core to casual and everything in between. Want to play solo while you wait for the GSF pop? No problem. Want to knock out dailies, FPs or SM/HM Ops during your off-hours? We've got that covered too. Are you interested in taking part in high-end Progression Raiding with great group of folks who have set Server-First NiM kills? We've got that too!

If this sounds like something you've been looking for, then check out the website at http://www.contraband-inc.com/learnmore, or message me in game on either Decklen or Merkazian.

Hey Deck, just wanted you to know that I did get your in-game mail about this, and I sincerely hope you pique some interest with this initiative. Anything to give GSF on JC a little more life. I can't partake because of some preexisting guild obligations, but if things change I'll keep you guys in mind.

Hey folks,

Sorry I haven't been able to respond over the last couple days, but I've been out of town for work. I will, however, be back next week, and will try to look you folks up in-game for some matches.

Feel free to msg me on Decklen if you see me log on though -I'm almost always up for a flight or two.

Recruiting is on-going for our GSF group at Contraband Inc! We're also looking to tie in this GSF group with the Galactic Conquest content as well. So, regardless of your play style, there's a home for you at Contraband! Check out the website for details, or message any guild member in game!

• 2 weeks later...
so I'm not sure at the moment how much time I'll be able to commit to TOR and when I do play it tends to be at odd hours (typically very late at night) but would I still be welcome? I think the idea of a dedicated GSF group is awesome and I'm definitely game for joining a group when I have the time.

so I'm not sure at the moment how much time I'll be able to commit to TOR and when I do play it tends to be at odd hours (typically very late at night) but would I still be welcome? I think the idea of a dedicated GSF group is awesome and I'm definitely game for joining a group when I have the time.

Being with them since a week (we are currently 5th on Correlia leaderboard) it shouldn't matter that much.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you Gavin - I've been away on holidays. But, to answer your question, you'd be very welcome to come and participate and contribute in any way you can. We've recruited some good players over the last few weeks, and the Galactic Conquest tie-in helps GSF-oriented players feel like they're contributing to the guild by doing what they love. Our plan is for some scheduled pre-queues in addition to ad-hoc groupings when folks are online and available.

You can either PM me, message me in game, or fire me a /w to either Decklen or Merkazian. Otherwise, do a Who search, and filter for Contraband, Inc and contact anyone for an Officer intro.

Looking forward to meeting you in-game soon!

Deck

• 3 weeks later...