Bit of Star Wars Lore for Jedi

Bungholiyo

Did you know that jedi who turn to the dark side are technically not Sith the are known as dark jedi. For example count Dooku and Anakin. However, the emperor wanted Luke as an aprrentice as he was not a jedi yet thus he would be Sith. Mind boggling. Thanks Darth Bane for rule of 2!!

Not really.

Dark Jedi are just fallen Jedi who don't become a Sith, they just use the dark side of the force for personal gain. This is even stated in the last of the Bane books, as there is a Dark Jedi. Totally forget his name.

A Jedi who falls then joins the Sith would still be considered a Sith.

Edited by bfishback

Did you know that jedi who turn to the dark side are technically not Sith the are known as dark jedi. For example count Dooku and Anakin. However, the emperor wanted Luke as an aprrentice as he was not a jedi yet thus he would be Sith. Mind boggling. Thanks Darth Bane for rule of 2!!

You've sort of misunderstood how it works.

Neither Dooku nor Anakin were really Dark Jedi. Dooku only joined the Dark Side when Sidious took him on as an apprentice, which made him a Sith.

The same for Anakin, though he was much closer to the Dark Side before joining the Sith.

Luke would have been a Sith if he joined Sidious, even if he had been a Jedi.

Luke would later become Sidious' apprentice (Sidious was inhabiting a clone body), after he had become a Jedi. He was a Sith apprentice then, though he did not recieve the Darth title or a Sith name as far as I'm aware.

To sum it up:

A Jedi that falls to the Dark Side is a Dark Jedi.

A Jedi that falls to the Dark Side and joins the Sith is a Sith.

A Force-sensitive that falls to the Dark Side is a Dark Side Force-user.

A Force-sensitive that is not a Jedi that falls to the Dark Side and joins the Sith is a Sith.

It is entirely possible to be a Sith while having been a Jedi previously.

Lets not forget that Emporer, Vadar, Bane, etc weren't actually Sith since Sith is an actual species :) since we getting all technical about it, lol

(hey, i just read revan so sue me :D)

Quote for Truth ... wasn't there some Jedi Sith in the EU somewhere? I could of sworn I read that in one of the graphic novels.

Lets not forget that Emporer, Vadar, Bane, etc weren't actually Sith since Sith is an actual species :) since we getting all technical about it, lol

(hey, i just read revan so sue me :D)

Well no one said they were the Sith species, but they are apart of the Sith order, and "Sith" is what we call people of the order.

So what's with the Sith at the entrance to the Sith Academy who wants you to scan various Sith Lords for their blood content?

He believes that only Pureblood Sith are worthy of taking important roles in the hierarchy of the Sith Empire and Sith Order, and that anyone who is Sith by culture or religion (rather than by species) is inferior. Such Sith can still be part of the Order and the Empire, but from his perspective are not fit to be instructors and so on.