After reading the Revan novel did anyone else....

Shenmue

My KOTOR II xbox version is broken :( and the PC version doesn't work on my computer with windows 7, so i haven't been able to.

However i actually really enjoyed reading the book, it tied the events of KOTOR to The old republic quite well in my opinion. It was sad what happened to Meetra and T3 though.

The novel killed the franchise to me, it was rushed, should've been written by Chris Avellone and it clearly sacrificed KotOR just to promote sales of this game for KotOR fans, I especially don't like the way they treated T3 and the Exile.

opinions are like noses, every1 has one. i enjoyed the revan book very much. sure T3 and meetra had a hard time, but if its all kandy and flowers, it gets a bit boring. if it makes you feel any better. T3 can be rebuilt and meetra is in a better place now

opinions are like noses, every1 has one. i enjoyed the revan book very much. sure T3 and meetra had a hard time, but if its all kandy and flowers, it gets a bit boring. if it makes you feel any better. T3 can be rebuilt and meetra is in a better place now

I never stated it needed to be 'kandy and flowers' but T3 is basically used as a set-walker and the Exile is turned into just another meaningless character by the almighty Drew, destroyer of canon.

Oh and don't get me started on how everything that happened in KotOR II is outright ignored both in that novel and in this game.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

No, quite the opposite. I started new games with my LSF!Revan and my DSM!Exile, and started looking into an AU scenario based on that.

Seriously, is everyone at Bioware having a bad day for the last five years?! Dragon Age was a conga line of nasty people doing nasty things to one another...oh, and there's a darkspawn horde everyone's too busy backstabbing each other to fix. Mass Effect Three? I got spoilered on the ending, and am going "WHAT?!" like the rest of the fandom.

For crying out loud, after Malachor, they had a third of the fleet directly under them and the loyalty of the other two thirds. They were big damn heroes in the Republic, and they had evidence about the Mandalorians being pawns of the True Sith. Instead, they get absolutely plastered on the Dark Side, charge in, and dig themselves deeper by becoming tools of the very entity (can't really call the Emperor a "person") they were trying to take out. They turn around and cause more damage to the already bleeding Republic, sending it right to near-collapse, destroying ships, men, and resources that could have been used. Telos? Great example! Strategic hyperspace route, lots of Sensitives, strong military...Malak turned it to ash, and they got nothing but a magnificent jerk of an admiral.

So, Malak does what Sith do best and backstabs Revan at a key moment. Queue the events of the game. Presuming an LS Revan, s/he is now a Big Damn Hero again. And better? They have pull with everyone from Republic admirals to the future Mandalore the Preserver, and presumably learned their lesson about running off with no backup.

Nope. Instead, Revan the alleged hero, leaves his pals with no answers, no closure, no indication of what's going on. He leaves Bastila knocked-up to face whatever consequences (remember Arren Kae got exiled over having a kid), screws over those who loved and trusted him, takes Exile (who leaves HER disciples half-trained and in the lurch), and the droids and thinks that's enough to take down the Empire!

So, this foolishness ends with Exile and T3 getting turned to ash, HK being stripped for parts, and Revan being the Emperor's toy for a few centuries. Oh, and the Sith charge in and curb stomp the Republic ANYWAY.

Again, we're supposed to buy the tactical genius/great leader theory?

Filing it with "Han shot second" and appointing Jar Jar Binks to a position of authority.

Edited by Allronix

Revan wanted just take down Vitiate, not destroying Empire, and with Meetra, he could do it. Please, if that idiot, Scourge, didnt betray them , they would kill Eperor with finger in their asses. He just wanted to check what was on Nathema , and than was cought. Exile just wanted to save him thats all. Its pefetic to read tor-boys who think Revan was maniac and fool. HELLO!?! That guy saved Republic 3 times( it was he who prevented Emporor from striking to early and destroying weakend Republic). Men with his power, and skills was the only one who could save Republic.

Revan wanted just take down Vitiate, not destroying Empire, and with Meetra, he could do it. Please, if that idiot, Scourge, didnt betray them , they would kill Eperor with finger in their asses. He just wanted to check what was on Nathema , and than was cought. Exile just wanted to save him thats all. Its pefetic to read tor-boys who think Revan was maniac and fool. HELLO!?! That guy saved Republic 3 times( it was he who prevented Emporor from striking to early and destroying weakend Republic). Men with his power, and skills was the only one who could save Republic.

I honestly don't think them three could have taken Vitiate down. Vitiate was far more powerful.

I honestly don't think them three could have taken Vitiate down. Vitiate was far more powerful.

The three of them working in unison could have been his match, but of course if you read my signature, they never got the chance as Scourge destroyed the opportunity to destabilize the Empire before they ever invaded.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

The novel killed the franchise to me, it was rushed, should've been written by Chris Avellone and it clearly sacrificed KotOR just to promote sales of this game for KotOR fans, I especially don't like the way they treated T3 and the Exile.

This. :( I kept myself entertained with KOTOR 1 & 2 for the 7-8 years before TOR came out, but after the novel the idea of playing through them again feels strange somehow. Maybe I will, eventually.

Meanwhile I'll roll a Jedi character and hope I can slowly torture Scourge to death at some point. :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
Someone actually made the mistake of giving me this book as a present, which I thanked them for and then trashed it a day later when they had left to keep from hurting their feelings. Drew Karpyshyn is a bad writer. Plain and simple. Doesn't have much of a knack for artistic use of language, has no semblance of how to adapt to an established storyline, and honestly I question the mental faculties of anyone who endeavors to write a literary sequel to two completely ambiguous, canon-neutral video games.

The three of them working in unison could have been his match, but of course if you read my signature, they never got the chance as Scourge destroyed the opportunity to destabilize the Empire before they ever invaded.

No they couldn't have.

No they couldn't have.

Do you have any factual evidence to the contrary? he barely managed to defend himself from T3's flamethrower, Meetra could have killed him on the spot, Revan managed to blast him across the throne room and Scourge would have done very well with the sheer amount of emotions being blasted back and forth.

Do you have any factual evidence to the contrary? he barely managed to defend himself from T3's flamethrower, Meetra could have killed him on the spot, Revan managed to blast him across the throne room and Scourge would have done very well with the sheer amount of emotions being blasted back and forth.

A t3 is a driod and their for he couldnt predict what his actions where going to be let alone avoid an attack from fire somting you cannont block or control with the force.

The Exile wouldnt have been much help here and the only reason he didn't do the same to them as he did the jedi strike team is due to him being daised from failing to retake revans mind.

Revan was not going to win vs the Emperor due to the emperor being able to counter anything he could have done.

Then take in mind that the Entire Imperial Guard where breaking down the door so even if they had lasted longer it wouldn't be long before an entire army of elite soldiers where attacking them from behind.

Regarding the droid: Refer to the post above me.

Regarding Meetra Surik: lolno. Thatlightsaber throw has nothing to do with her skill.

Regarding Revan: Yes Vitiate was blasted across the room but it didn't have much of an effect on Vitiate other than to piss him off, and it sure as hell wasn't Vitiate who ended up so badly burnt by force lightning so that he was on the ground in agony with his mask melting into his skin.

Regarding Scourge: Please don't use that Scourge feeds off other people's emotions therefore he can defeat anyone arguement. Scourge couldn't even defeat Nyriss and Vitiate is a hell of a lot stronger than Nyriss.

So with all of them attacking Vitiate at the sametime in that dazed state of his, it's IMPOSSIBLE that they could have landed that lucky blow, you know like the one where Meetra could have killed him on the spot? okay then....

Factually sound argument is factually sound.