Phantom Stride after 5.9.3

LudhaninRolgge

What is going on? Almost a year now since this thread started and this problem still hasn't been fixed. Phantom stride/shadow stride is unusable for assassin/shadow tanks because of the massive gap in threat generation in creates due it being in the GCD. This means that tanks have to use force pull and force speed to get to bosses or drop force pull altogether. It's like being back in 3.0 or something. I appreciate that Bioware has a skeleton crew working on this game these days but please, please fix this. Just remove it from the global cooldown. Thanks.

Almost a year? lol ok.

But yeah this change does need to be reverted, it legit didn’t fix anything it just gave Sin an unintended nerf.

Let’s just get rid of the stupid gcd for before and after it’s activation. Kthx

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost a year? lol ok.

But yeah this change does need to be reverted, it legit didn’t fix anything it just gave Sin an unintended nerf.

Let’s just get rid of the stupid gcd for before and after it’s activation. Kthx

Oh, i got confused by American date order. Thought it was 10th Feb instead of October 2nd. Lol. Well, it feels like we've been suffering for a year. Please fix. :)

• 1 month later...

• A .25 second Global Cooldown has been added to Shadow Stride to prevent an issue when this ability was overlapped with other movement abilities.

In all seriousness, I'm wondering if anyone can actually tell me what this issue was... or if it was even that big of a problem. Looking back, I'm still not sure what it was they actually fixed with this update. I've looked over the forums and can find zero mention of this particular issue by the devs or otherwise leading up to this patch. The only complaints I could find were about the ability occasionally not taking you all the way to the target, or much too far. Issues I've actually experienced.

The sad part is it's been almost five months now and I doubt very much at this point that bioware cares to address it. Infiltration is probably my favorite spec in this game, one I've stuck with even after the substantial nerf to its damage. Shadow stride is a very big part of the rotation and this inexplicable update has made it extremely clunky.

I guess all I want is even a passing acknowledgement from bioware that this is working as intended, at least, so I can stop hoping for a fix.