New HUTTBALL arenas plz!

TheOgJediCouncil

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That and more voidstar maps. I think we have enough pylon/node/turret capturing.

Absolutely! There are several node-based maps, but only one progression and one scoring map. It figures that those two just happen to be my favorites! It would really be great if they added a couple more of each of those, and allowed players to queue for one or more of the game types (node, progression, scoring).

I would love to see more HB maps. it is really upsetting that we have been stuck with the same HB arena since launch. Heck, i would be happy with a revamp of the existing arena just to add a new flavor to the warzone.

That's actually a great idea, because it would allow for "new maps" without all the rest of the work that goes into the new maps (such as back story, voice-over, etc). Just have the exact same scenario, except with a different layout (platforms, obstacles, cover, etc). We might even see something like that implemented in a reasonable time frame!

I insist on map where i can kick the ball.

but seriously, yeah, more maps, more huttball.

I go days without getting a huttball pop sometimes now due to the crappy WZ randomizer which seems to only pop void and hypergates.

so either a bunch more huttball maps, and/or the ability to choose map when you queue is needed. and its needed now. stop ignoring pvp.

I support this thread!

Lots of new traps could be added; some jump challenges as in the Macrobinocular mission on NS (speeder thingy) or something with changing/turning gravity in an underground area or teleport hypergates as in the TFB ops.

Huttball is the best warzone by far, plz give us moar :D

Yours is like the only post to dislike Huttball, I think you're outnumbered.

Outnumbered by who? The small majority of people that bother to post on the forums? Or the even smaller group of people who like the status quo of an unbalanced wz? In game I rarely come across anyone that actually likes huttball. The design of the map is garbage, and all the flaws of the games mechanics shine in huttball.

No DR on roots, too long of stuns, resolve is a joke, and the gametype itself favors certain class setups when in reality the game should be about control of the map/ball not who has the most teammates with friendly pulls,force speeds, rollers and leapers.

The only way to move the ball should be through walking and passing, but as is certain classes can completely ignore the fire traps which makes them completely pointless. You want past the fire trap? Someone should be ahead of you to receive a pass. Rolling, leaping or using force speed should immediately cause the ball to reset.

Huttball is a joke.

Outnumbered by who? The small majority of people that bother to post on the forums? Or the even smaller group of people who like the status quo of an unbalanced wz? In game I rarely come across anyone that actually likes huttball. The design of the map is garbage, and all the flaws of the games mechanics shine in huttball.

No DR on roots, too long of stuns, resolve is a joke, and the gametype itself favors certain class setups when in reality the game should be about control of the map/ball not who has the most teammates with friendly pulls,force speeds, rollers and leapers.

The only way to move the ball should be through walking and passing, but as is certain classes can completely ignore the fire traps which makes them completely pointless. You want past the fire trap? Someone should be ahead of you to receive a pass. Rolling, leaping or using force speed should immediately cause the ball to reset.

Huttball is a joke.

5 pages, yours is the only post I see saying they dislike it. I only ever see threads asking for more huttball, no other maps. I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about getting huttball either. Meh

I just posted an idea of a variant of Huttball in the suggestions forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6278331#post6278331

It's like a reverse Huttball, where you don't want to have the ball at the end of the match, similar to hot potato. The ball is a bomb, and the team possessing the bomb at the end of the time limit loses. One team starts with the bomb and has to bring it to the enemy's side to transfer it.

What do you think?

Edited by Freshtech