Stars of the War Fashion Promenade

wallywaffles

Welcome to the Premiere of the Stars of the War Fashion Promenade, your chance to show off your favorite look to fellow Begeren Colonists. This event will be taking place at approximately 7pm Pacific time on Saturday June 1.

Background:

You are the heroes of the Republic, the agents of the Empire, the freelancers looking to make a profit. No matter your background or your motivations, you have made an impact on the war. Even if your actions have gone unnoticed, there is a constant pressure. Pressure that builds with each decision, knowing that the fate of entire worlds lies in your hands. Some may hate the pressure, others may thrive on it. Regardless, there comes a time when the pressure needs to be relieved. A time when you step away from your duties to focus on yourself. A time for fun.

Thus, it is with great pleasure that I am announcing the galactic debut of the Stars of the War Fashion Promenade. So put on your best dress, touch up your hair, and get ready to fight for what's really important. You are all stars. Now is your chance to prove it.

Format:

-Each participant will get a chance to show off his or her favorite outfit. Each entry will be scored by a panel of judges based on their own assessment of attributes such as creativity, attractiveness, etc.

-The judges' scores will be averaged to decide the top 3 participants, who will earn prizes:

1st Place: Advanced Black-Green Color Crystal

2nd Place: 2 Color Dye Kits

3rd Place: 1 Color Dye Kit

-Apart from the judges' prizes, I will be awarding each participant with a unique title based on their overall look, which will be released in a video covering the event.

-The event will take place at the Tower of Prophecy on Voss

-The event will most likely be narrated on TeamSpeak, with everyone welcome to listen in.

-It should be a safe zone, but please unflag yourself just in case, we want it to be a friendly event.

-On the day of the event, get in contact with Kirax or Urdnought to find out when you're up (it should be moving fairly quickly so try not to be late).

-Contestants will be walking down one of the ramps seen in the picture when they are called, then feel free to pose/emote for the camera.

-Make sure your outfit is ready to go when you're called, don't forget things like which weapon you're using!

"Rules":

Take a break from Karagga the Hutt,

To show off your swagger and strut;

Put aside all your fears,

Flaunt your style and earn cheers,

Three fashions will all make the cut.

Participants:

Name: Melyn

Faction: Republic

One-liner intro: I'm too stealthy for my shirt.

Valya

Imperial

"Classic Looks"

Rylorn

Imperial

"Head tentacles of safety"

Katre

Republic

"Why not Karrot?"

Ashlanmagno

Republic

"It's a plane, no! It's Superman"

Ashtor'aa

Empire

"Sleek, sexy, deadly"

Tachikoma

Republic

The mini tank

Name: Ryd

Faction: Republic

Intro: "There is no fashion, there is serenity."

Notes:

-By joining the show you agree to abide by the decisions of the judges. Yes it's all subjective but it should be fun, we don't want arguments.

-If you would like to participate but can't make it, send me an image of you wearing your outfit in the Tower of Prophecy. You won't be eligible for the main prizes but you will get to be part of the slideshow and recieve your secondary prize for participating :jawa_smile:

I would much appreciate any feedback or ideas, as you can see I have thought some of it out but need some help finalizing a few details. The best way to contact me is to either post your message in the thread or send me one privately on the site either here or on the Ascension forums. Please sign up or ask questions as you are interested, I'm hoping to make the event great for everyone but I can't do it on my own!

Edited by wallywaffles

I recommend Urd for a judge.

Rylorn

Imperial

"Head tentacles of safety"

I asked him if he would like to be involved but he hasn't replied.

EDIT: He has replied. This is about to get kicked up a notch. :jawa_evil:

Edited by wallywaffles

Rokurou

Empire

The only person who might have better fashion then this guy is one of my other toons

P.s Kirax not sure if I can make it on tonight my flight just landed

(East coast <)

Edited by Riggz

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! This is still happening tomorrow! Sorry for the delay I was out for the holiday weekend. The event will be taking place approximately 7pm Pacific time on Voss.

-Each participant will get a chance to show off his or her favorite outfit. Each entry will be scored by a panel of judges based on their own assessment of attributes such as creativity, attractiveness, etc.

-The judges' scores will be averaged to decide the top 3 participants, who will earn prizes:

1st Place: Advanced Black-Green Color Crystal

2nd Place: 2 Color Dye Kits

3rd Place: 1 Color Dye Kit

-Apart from the judges' prizes, I will be awarding each participant with a unique title based on their overall look, which will be released in a video covering the event.

-The event will take place at the Tower of Prophecy on Voss

-The event will most likely be narrated on TeamSpeak, with everyone welcome to listen in.

-It should be a safe zone, but please unflag yourself just in case, we want it to be a friendly event.

-On the day of the event, get in contact with Kirax or Urdnought to find out when you're up.

-Contestants will be walking down one of the ramps seen in the picture when they are called, then feel free to pose/emote for the camera.

-Make sure your outfit is ready to go when you're called, don't forget things like which weapon you're using!

As always don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions concerns.

Good news everyone! Flux is letting us use his TeamSpeak server for the event and Threid will be announcing each contestant as they walk down, so you should download TeamSpeak and come hang out with us to get the full experience! Will give out the info to those in attendance, should be a good time! :)

This is tonight! Come one, come all. Also, a little teaser: I have a special, neverbeforeworn outfit I will be bringing on Melyn. (You have to stay for it though, beforehand I will be in an undercover outfit)

Directions: directly NE of the Voss-Ka cantina, the location is 339,309. The big building in Voss-Ka!

Edited by MelliMelon

Thanks to everyone who came!

If you weren't able to make it due to time conflicts I'm accepting screenshots for participation prizes. Just take a picture of your outfit in the Tower of Prophecy on Voss, like this but preferably with the UI turned off. I will only be accepting these through the end of the day tomorrow so that I am able to give out people's titles quickly.

I'm looking forward to more of these in the future, I was really impressed with the turnout and I hope when Melyn's video comes out it will encourage more people to join next time.

Thanks again, especially to everyone who participated even last-minute!

I enjoyed this event thoroughly. As a scout for a well known designer of hutt summer clothes, work is harder than one might think. I was very impressed with the sheik choices by the most beautiful models this side of huttspace. xD Edited by Arocsimus