From Fanboy to Unsub

Joejoegadget

OP: While BW is taking in all the feedback and fixing up the endgame, why don't you take that time to try a different storyline? You even said you really enjoyed that part of the game. Why do you feel the need to play your character once it's 50 instead of playing a new character?

Cheers.

I think there is a connection to their characters that many generated while leveling up. The SWTOR model flies against convention and asks you to abandon that character for a new one. I never did understand why they thought that was a good construct for an MMO.

But, then again, I don't really believe this is an MMO. So, I guess that makes sense.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to learn how to play a new MMO. You don't rush to 50 with one character, and then moan about lack of content. I have 7 characters, and take turns playing each. I have a couple in their 20s, several in the high teens. I've had some issues, but nothing game breaking, and there is a lot to like in this game. I've run two raids for world bosses, downing one in 3 shots, one shotted the other one, and no issues at all. They will reset if you take them out of their zones, but otherwise, so far no problem with them. Flashpoints have been great.

I just want redone space combat. But for a new release, I am finding this to be an excellent game.

I only play 1 toon in any mmo so that I always have good gear. If i play alts my time is diluted and my toon won't out gear you.

also I get very attached to my online persona of my character. My guild knows me as ....... the server knows me as ....... so i want to play the toon called.........

I tend to dominate in pvp and i like my enemies to know who just killed them.

If you enjoyed the story line and didn't like playing huttball so much why the hell haven't you rolled a Republic character? Its a completely brand new storyline and once you hit 50 you can have your warzone diversity?

Troll thread?

LOL It's sad how consumer standards have gone way down. People don't mind paying for a unfinished product with the hopes of it being fixed later. Would you buy a car without an engine in it?

Look at what happened to Final Fantasy 14 - a company that I very much respected pushed an unfinished product and they lost so many subs that it went F2P until they fixed it. Greedy, greedy, greedy!

(I didn't make an account until 2010 because I thought you ACTUALLY had to be 18 to sign up for game testing :p

I played WoW. And, I know many of you are going to tell me to go back to WoW, and I'm going to.

Correlation? I think so.

Edited by Jasuk

You people already at END GAME stuff really need to get a life

it has been out what?? 10-15days

Get yourself a girlfriend or something... really

This so much. It's called enjoying the game, not making a mad dash for 50 and then QQ'ing that there isn't any end game content. Want to know why the end game might be lacking? It's because most players are not going to reach 50 at least for a few weeks to a couple months. We all don't have the luxury of sitting in our basements and having our mommy bring the hot pockets and crap pan.

Edited by Cedkin

Huttball = faction imbalance? Hard to take your post serious with a dumb comment like that.

The game is not the holy grail that some people make it out to be, but it's fun. It's also not the epic failure that you make it out to be.

Personally I will play until something better comes along (GW2, Planetside2).

EDIT: Also, your stuff, can I haz it? :p

See, you read my post, and interpreted it the way YOU wanted to. Which is fine, but let me explain. I talked about Huttball and faction imbalance because it is the only MMO that is same faction. This, in my opinion, was poor thinking from Bioware's part. Now, as an Empire PvP player, you get stuck with EvE Huttball 90% of the time. It's not "I want to do Warzones," it's "I want to do Huttball."

Also, I didn't bash this game. I criticized the end game. It's not an epic failure. It will be near impossible for me to level without Voice Over again. Most other leveling experiences will be a grind. However, I'm not going to pay for poor end game.

LOL It's sad how consumer standards have gone way down. People don't mind paying for a unfinished product with the hopes of it being fixed later.

Consumer standards have never been very high. This explains much of Microsoft's success.

How about bugs that were reported during beta that were never addressed and still aren't being addressed? Try being a seer Sage and not being able to see Ops members in your Ops frames and the Ops frames not displaying the actual amount of HP.

BioWare pushed this game out to be in time for Christmas. The game was almost ready but it's not.

Most bugs were non critical & could be fixed after release which the majority of the bug complaints are nothing remotely game breaking but mere annoyances. It took Blizz 2-3 years after launch to get to some of the bugs.

People need to learn how to play a new MMO. You don't rush to 50 with one character, and then moan about lack of content. I have 7 characters, and take turns playing each. I have a couple in their 20s, several in the high teens. I've had some issues, but nothing game breaking, and there is a lot to like in this game. I've run two raids for world bosses, downing one in 3 shots, one shotted the other one, and no issues at all. They will reset if you take them out of their zones, but otherwise, so far no problem with them. Flashpoints have been great.

I just want redone space combat. But for a new release, I am finding this to be an excellent game.

This is by far the most stupid self proclaimed fact in this thread.

So what the guy played/s WoW many of MMORPG vets did as even ''older'' vets player Evergrind

He is correct in many ways( i dont get huttball thing though except that its annoying to play it 99% of the time against other sith mirrors)

-GTM aka auction house is a complete and utter failure of a design even 2004 MMOs had better AH on day 1

- not able to ''abandon'' quests when you have log only limited? this is a must issue to be adressed INSTANTLY together with the UI interaction

- how anyone missed green lines of everything over tatooine etc. is beyond me its like if half of the world is made green! very anti climatic

there are many more important game bugs and random closing game etc... which should have been fixed ages ago in beta not after launch.

LOL It's sad how consumer standards have gone way down. People don't mind paying for a unfinished product with the hopes of it being fixed later. Would you buy a car without an engine in it?

Look at what happened to Final Fantasy 14 - a company that I very much respected pushed an unfinished product and they lost so many subs that it went F2P until they fixed it. Greedy, greedy, greedy!

but i dont buy a car just to have fun. much more important decision there. I spent my money on this game and am having a great time, isnt that all that matters?

Most bugs were non critical & could be fixed after release which the majority of the bug complaints are nothing remotely game breaking but mere annoyances. It took Blizz 2-3 years after launch to get to some of the bugs.

Please read my post about players in Warzones not appearing on Ops windows and their HP bars not displaying accurate HP. That is a CRITICAL "bug" and was reported during beta. Still not even being fixed!

but i dont buy a car just to have fun. much more important decision there. I spent my money on this game and am having a great time, isnt that all that matters?

It matters - I am having fun, yes, but there are legitimate frustrations. If the devs at least put up a sticky and said, "Yes, we are aware of xyz issues and we are working on them." I would feel A LOT more confident.

This so much. It's called enjoying the game, not making a mad dash for 50 and then QQ'ing that there isn't any end game content. Want to know why the end game might be lacking? It's because most players are not going to reach 50 at least for a few weeks to a couple months. We all don't have the luxury of sitting in our basements and having our mommy bring the hot pockets and crap pan.

I did not make a mad dash to 50. I played very casually. I listened to every piece of dialogue, and thought about every response I gave. It's winter break. I finished my last exam and was home for break a day after Early Access began, and I was awake and playing with the very first wave. I've had plenty of time to play.

That is correct. If the bugs are fixed, I may be back. However, I haven't seen anything to make me believe they will be fixed anytime soon. And, I don't want to pay for the product until it's fixed.

How is Huttball an example of faction imbalance? Unless you are referring to having to play it more frequently.

It means there are far more Empire players on his server than Republic players. Since Huttball can be played against the same faction, Empire players will get Huttball more often on those faction imbalanced servers.

I don't know what people expect with this issue. It's a player issue. Obviously, some of them need to play Republic to balance things out. What do they want Bioware to do? force queues on the Empire side to try to balance it out?

At least there is a PvP warzone that is firing up. I thought it was a smart move for Bioware to release a warzone that could be played with the same factions. Obviously a thing learned from WoW's faction imbalance failures.

It matters - I am having fun, yes, but there are legitimate frustrations. If the devs at least put up a sticky and said, "Yes, we are aware of xyz issues and we are working on them." I would feel A LOT more confident.

ok well next time dont use a car as a comparison to that. just not on the same level at all. they have a known issues thread and a forum to discuss bug issues where they do talk to players. Thats where you should take your conecerns

It means there are far more Empire players on his server than Republic players. Since Huttball can be played against the same faction, Empire players will get Huttball more often on those faction imbalanced servers.

I don't know what people expect with this issue. It's a player issue. Obviously, some of them need to play Republic to balance things out. What do they want Bioware to do? force queues on the Empire side to try to balance it out?

At least there is a PvP warzone that is firing up. I thought it was a smart move for Bioware to release a warzone that could be played with the same factions. Obviously a thing learned from WoW's faction imbalance failures.

It was a rhetorical question...

ok well next time dont use a car as a comparison to that. just not on the same level at all. they have a known issues thread and a forum to discuss bug issues where they do talk to players. Thats where you should take your conecerns

Well, I think the comparison is still valid. Using my example with the warzones and healing, that is like having a car with no engine. I can't heal people if they're not in the Ops window and I can't heal them if their HP isn't accurate in the Ops frame. This is just one example that is relevant to my class - there are other outstanding critical things that are not being addressed in the patch.