Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.

Swedguy

...I'm wondering if the VANILLA romances were fixed for SoR and the new one? I'm just terrified of having this bug cause I want my Jorgan romance acknowledged >-< I've finished Rise of the Hutt Cartel and am on part 3 of Forged Alliances.

My experience is only one example of course, but I took my trooper through Chapter 11 during early access and the romance worked just fine. I did the previous 10 chapters during 4.1 and got the letter at the end of Chapter 2 as well. (I think it's Chapter 2, I can never remember).

(edit: chapter 11 not 12)

Edited by Ceinwyn
chapter 11 not 12

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if the VANILLA romances were fixed for SoR and the new one? I'm just terrified of having this bug cause I want my Jorgan romance acknowledged >-< I've finished Rise of the Hutt Cartel and am on part 3 of Forged Alliances.

At the start of Fallen Empire (back at launch) my trooper's romance with Aric was not acknowledged. No letter, no dialog option in Chapter 2. But that was fxed, I had the chance to renew the romance when I met hin again. So that should be fine.

It's the new romances that are bugged now. :(

My experience is only one example of course, but I took my trooper through Chapter 12 during early access and the romance worked just fine. I did the previous 11 chapters during 4.1 and got the letter at the end of Chapter 2 as well. (I think it's Chapter 2, I can never remember).

Oh, yay! Thank you so much for the reply! That calmed my fears ^_^ I just love Jorgan so much and I woulda been so crushed if the bug was still there for him

At the start of Fallen Empire (back at launch) my trooper's romance with Aric was not acknowledged. No letter, no dialog option in Chapter 2. But that was fxed, I had the chance to renew the romance when I met hin again. So that should be fine.

It's the new romances that are bugged now. :(

Yay!!! Now my fears are calmer more!! Thanks so much for the replies!

And I hope you guys get your new romances fixed :( I probably won't romance any (well, my consular(s) might for Theron...LOL), so good luck!

Edited by DreamingElf

Chapter X was ruined for me on my agent when all the dialogue was as if I was in a romance with Kaliyo whom I never even flirted with. :( I exited the chapter and will just not play it on my agent any further until it's fixed. :(

details that need mentioning: the only person I previously flirted with was Temple. I will be happy to go through the appropriate dialogue to break up with her at the appropriate time (when she is released from the swtor gulag) to throw her over for Theron Shan who I am currently in a relationship with.

I could tell something was slightly off during the whole chapter with Kaliyo but my first uh oh moment came from Jealousy dialogue when I got back and spoke to Theron. o_O I thought maybe he was just being weird but...in the next scene I was given three options with Kaliyo that left no room for doubt. 1) Continue relationship. 2) Continue relationship +kissing. 3) Break up.

I too am experiencing problems with one of my Agents upon the ending of Chapter 10. I have taken every other character I have through the chapter, none of them have a romance dialogue with Kaliyo pop up, except for my Operative(Who married her). My sniper however, who romanced/Married Temple, gets to the end of the chapter and gets the love dialogue as if he married Kaliyo. During the chapter the dialogue/conversations matched the friend status I had with her, but at the final conversation with Kaliyo, I am suddenly her lover. I am afraid to pick anything, even ending the relationship, because I am worried that the coding that ends her relationship, might end up ending my marriage to Temple. As of now, my Sniper just sits at the end of Chapter 10, which he has done 3 times already due to the previous chapter bugs which didn't allow completion for many agents. They really need to fix this, though it seems to only happen for some people.

My sniper however,... I am worried that the coding that ends her relationship, might end up ending my ....

Your post made me want to add that my problem with the mistaken romance flag on Kaliyo was also on a Sniper agent, just in case it matters somehow.

Also, I likewise did not proceed with the breakup dialog for fear of what effect it would have on my real current relationship.

Your post made me want to add that my problem with the mistaken romance flag on Kaliyo was also on a Sniper agent, just in case it matters somehow.

Also, I likewise did not proceed with the breakup dialog for fear of what effect it would have on my real current relationship.

double edged sword. they will fix it eventually then you will end up locked in the romance with the wrong companion.

This. Why is so much in this game still broken after weeks, months, years? This is by far the most bugs I've seen consistently stay in place in any MMO ever.

I can answer this! :D

If only they would fix the bugs instead of making new. Lana's romance is just broken beyond repair it seems and nobody a Bioware wants to admit the mistake. It's not like Bioware will fix it unless it affects them directly.

Lana prior to recent patch "Oh i love you, I'm going to save you!" smoochiesmoochie.

In comes the new patch. Nico now hates you so much he refuses to do work for you or accompany you on your adventures, meanwhile Lana doesn't give you a second look cause of course she has lost her memory and forgot she was exploring your mouth during the previous patch. But Theron is on Odessen and he wants your body now, though you never showed him interest and treat him like dirt., why you ask? well that's easy because him mom is a jedi.

But hey your cloak doesn't drag under your speeder when you ride now and that Varactyl well your cloak still drags on him. You armor will always clip here and there, your butt will show through belts at times, your slave garments will clip up under you.

Those new packs come out with cubes that give you old stuff. Red glowing eyes, Emote Menace. Yes you wasted money on the cartel market trying to get that Unstable Lightsaber just so you can look like a cheap knock off of Kylo Ren.

Those credit cases that you could slice and those wonder blue credit cases...yeah we don't want you to make money easily because you'll just buy off the GTN instead of buying from us and supporting our coffee breaks! We must have our coffee breaks 7 hours out of our 8 hour work day. 5 days a week. We go home and play the games that don't have problems because fixing problems in our own games is just too much like work!

In the end. Welcome to Star Wars: The Old Republic, Attack of the bugs and home of the cartel market.

If you enjoyed this feel free to hit that referral link below.

http://www.swtor.com/r/5Fqfrw

Yeah this is still an issue. My character flirted with Lana at every opportunity and when the lock-in moment for the cantina came my character had no flirt option. I'm waiting on advancing the storyline because of this, so I'm gonna keep reviving this thread whenever I don't see it on the first page.

Yeah this is still an issue. My character flirted with Lana at every opportunity and when the lock-in moment for the cantina came my character had no flirt option. I'm waiting on advancing the storyline because of this, so I'm gonna keep reviving this thread whenever I don't see it on the first page.

I am *so* glad that the two "real" (= start-at-1) characters I have put through KotFE both did it before 4.1 dropped.

My trooperette did it second behind an insta-60 I created specifically (freebie ticket!) to see how it worked (in both cases, during Early Access, thanks). I've gone on at some length why exactly it was that she romanced Lana, so I won't bore you with it here.

My smuggler(ette) also did it before Chapter X was released, and for ... reasons ... she chose Lana.

I have my LS-JK girl who's waiting for them to fix some of these bugs before continuing SoR. As always, she's going against type (she does *everything* against type, aside from the LS/DS question), and flirting Lana in SoR, with every intent of continuing this once she gets to KotFE. But not until they fix the effing bugs.

So I'm working just the trooperette, and just through each chapter as it arrives. In between chapters and recruitment alerts, there's not a lot to do aside from the occasional attempt to summon the will to push a BH through the rest of his story (he's near the end of Voss), so I'm having fun with gliders (flying mounts FTW!) in Archeage.(1)

(1) I got remarks from my guildies about being a lucky b*st*rd when I managed to grab a 16x16 plot of land for a house just behind (like, less than 50 in-game feet) the crafting stations outside the west entrance to the City of Towers. Apparently that's a major achievement, and I could sell it for *serious* in-game money. Not For Sale, dudes!

(The above is intended as a sort of sideways message to the developers. I'm not totally giving up SWTOR, and I'm not letting my sub drop, but I am in a reduced mode. No cash for CCs. I'll rely on what I get from referrals.)

(The above is intended as a sort of sideways message to the developers. I'm not totally giving up SWTOR, and I'm not letting my sub drop, but I am in a reduced mode. No cash for CCs. I'll rely on what I get from referrals.)

This. I've done the same. I used to enjoy throwing them a bit of the extra for costumes because I liked having different outfits for different points in the story. Now? Now that they've f'd up my storyline with bad design and absolutely no care or proper reasoned response to players for what is obviously effecting a large number of players in a myriad of ways and, on top of that, providing absolutely no solutions or alleviation for the complaints? I'm less excited. I'm less psyched for new content. I play the KotFE chapters because I am enjoying the story, but I have very little interest in anything else anymore. They'll get my sub, I can dump a bit on that. But that's it. Not like they're giving us any extra space for storing all our random crap from the random Cartel insanity-generating cubes anyways. I'm just going to continue on with KotFE, do a little extra alliance junk, help out guild once in a while, but why do more? What do we gain from making the effort beyond that if they aren't listening to people who are trying to actively participate and let them know there are things we are displeased with and actively offering solutions?

I played another alt through chapters 4-9 over the last few days (my free level 60 from launch, that I have been using as a bank character), picked all the flirt options with Lana, and was able to lock in the romance in chapter 9.

So (I think) this bug affects only characters who were in the middle of the 1-9 story during game update 4.1 and/or 4.2.

Somehow these updates mess with the romance flags that are set during the first 8 chapters.

Hey everyone,

We have seen quite a few reports about the Romance system being broken, and I wanted to clarify a few things. A number of the issues being reported are not, in fact, bugged.

The big one is Iresso. While Iresso is not alone in not acknowledging your romance, he has become the name surrounding the whole situation. In this case, there is a bug – the romance variables for some of the pre-KOTFE companions are being improperly assessed, leading to the appearance that they aren’t romanced even if they are. This fix is scheduled for 4.1 but is not finalized yet. What should have occurred is that when you completed Chapter I of Fallen Empire, you would receive a mail from your romance. We believe that this issue is also affecting pre-KOTFE content as well; please let us know once the fix is live if you notice any issues. It is worth pointing out that this change is not retroactive: if you have already started Fallen Empire, you will not receive the letter.

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

As for Courting gifts, we are aware that they are only able to be consumed by Nico Okarr. At first we thought he was just greedy, but we found out it’s because of the change from Affection to Influence, and the Courting Gifts not making the appropriate swap. This is also scheduled for Game Update 4.1.

Best,

Tait

Something is wrong with the romance options. I know I picked every single romance option.

Theron courting gifts - still not fixed, not working (if you romanced him of course).

I can accumulate more influence with Nico and courting gifts than I can with Theron romanced.

Still not fixed as of 4.1, according to 'Tait'.

Fix it.

Edited by Amodin

Chapter X was ruined for me on my agent when all the dialogue was as if I was in a romance with Kaliyo whom I never even flirted with. :( I exited the chapter and will just not play it on my agent any further until it's fixed. :(

details that need mentioning: the only person I previously flirted with was Temple. I will be happy to go through the appropriate dialogue to break up with her at the appropriate time (when she is released from the swtor gulag) to throw her over for Theron Shan who I am currently in a relationship with.

I could tell something was slightly off during the whole chapter with Kaliyo but my first uh oh moment came from Jealousy dialogue when I got back and spoke to Theron. o_O I thought maybe he was just being weird but...in the next scene I was given three options with Kaliyo that left no room for doubt. 1) Continue relationship. 2) Continue relationship +kissing. 3) Break up.

I had the same thing happening to me and I reported this bug in game and they told me to post about it on the forums as well (and this thread seems relevant enough to do so).

So bascily before patch 4.2a I played through chapter X with my sniper, was able to do it completely until the end with nothing out of the ordinary, except that after completing the chapter, it didn't actually complete. Then they did patch 4.2a, fixed that bug, but I had to do the entire chapter again on said sniper and couldn't be bothered with it until yesterday.

Everything went fine until the last conversation on Odessen. There, just like November, Kalyo and my sniper suddenly both seemed to think they had romanced eachother, and I got the "lock in or break up" tree with the warnings. Strangely enough I did not get the romance indication when first meeting Kalyo ("that's my wife"). Also strangely enough the ending worked fine before patch 4.2a, as I'm certain I did not get the strange romance tree at the end then.

I did not romance Kalyo (I *never* romance Kalyo), and I'm fairly certain that sniper romanced ensign Temple. I think he did get her letter when KOTFE starts, but since that was months ago it is gone and I can't check. Which may mean it's only that ending conversation that's bugged?

I contacted both costumer support and filed a bug report. Costumer support said I should file a bug report, the bug report strangely enough contacted me (thought they didn't do that through bug reports) and said I should post it on the forums. Apparantly making a decision of any kind will alter the state of that character, so I'll leave him at that point in the story for now... and hopefully they can fix it sometime soon.

Edited by Sebaddon

I had the same thing happening to me and I reported this bug in game and they told me to post about it on the forums as well (and this thread seems relevant enough to do so).

So bascily before patch 4.2a I played through chapter X with my sniper, was able to do it completely until the end with nothing out of the ordinary, except that after completing the chapter, it didn't actually complete. Then they did patch 4.2a, fixed that bug, but I had to do the entire chapter again on said sniper and couldn't be bothered with it until yesterday.

Everything went fine until the last conversation on Odessen. There, just like November, Kalyo and my sniper suddenly both seemed to think they had romanced eachother, and I got the "lock in or break up" tree with the warnings. Strangely enough I did not get the romance indication when first meeting Kalyo ("that's my wife"). Also strangely enough the ending worked fine before patch 4.2a, as I'm certain I did not get the strange romance tree at the end then.

I did not romance Kalyo (I *never* romance Kalyo), and I'm fairly certain that sniper romanced ensign Temple. I think he did get her letter when KOTFE starts, but since that was months ago it is gone and I can't check. Which may mean it's only that ending conversation that's bugged?

I contacted both costumer support and filed a bug report. Costumer support said I should file a bug report, the bug report strangely enough contacted me (thought they didn't do that through bug reports) and said I should post it on the forums. Apparantly making a decision of any kind will alter the state of that character, so I'll leave him at that point in the story for now... and hopefully they can fix it sometime soon.

I can confirm that it is still not fixed as of this morning after 4.3b even though they claimed to have fixed agents or somesuch. I am disappoint. I'm still apparently somehow stuck in a relationship with Kaliyo I never began... I exited the mission again and will sit until it is fixed. :(

• 5 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

We have seen quite a few reports about the Romance system being broken, and I wanted to clarify a few things. A number of the issues being reported are not, in fact, bugged.

The big one is Iresso. While Iresso is not alone in not acknowledging your romance, he has become the name surrounding the whole situation. In this case, there is a bug – the romance variables for some of the pre-KOTFE companions are being improperly assessed, leading to the appearance that they aren’t romanced even if they are. This fix is scheduled for 4.1 but is not finalized yet. What should have occurred is that when you completed Chapter I of Fallen Empire, you would receive a mail from your romance. We believe that this issue is also affecting pre-KOTFE content as well; please let us know once the fix is live if you notice any issues. It is worth pointing out that this change is not retroactive: if you have already started Fallen Empire, you will not receive the letter.

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

As for Courting gifts, we are aware that they are only able to be consumed by Nico Okarr. At first we thought he was just greedy, but we found out it’s because of the change from Affection to Influence, and the Courting Gifts not making the appropriate swap. This is also scheduled for Game Update 4.1.

Best,

Tait

Wow, this post and all its promises are getting really moldy. :rak_01:

Long past moldy and well into the rot stage now. Supposedly fixed for Ashara in 4.2.......oops, make that 4.4 IF it happens. I love this game but they way Bioware is running it I am fast loosing any faith in the dev team. Too many bugs for too damn long yet they can pop crap out of the CM like nothing at all.:mad:

• 6 months later...

I've finished the KotFE and have no romance with Lana. From forums I've found out about conversation option on Odessen in the Chapter 9 (I need to speak to one of you/I need to speak to one of you (flirt)), but in the game there was no such thing! My toon just has said: "I need to speak to one of you" - without any option.

Is there some way to restart KotFE on this toon?