New Mount Speeds NOT Working

foxxycandy

I purchased it for my main character today for 1.8 million. I use "Activate Random Mount" instead of a specific speeder. It feels like the new, higher speed is in effect some times but not others. It might be based on the actual speeder or the planet/location or something else.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointing these are character perks and not legacy. For years we've been told the engine couldn't handle higher speeds (well maybe it was true after all, considering it's not working), and now we have to spend 50+ million to get up to speed again? This should really have been a legacy-wide purchase to unlock 4 and 5 on the trainer.

You do know that they have made a number of clearly noticeable incremental performance improvements to the game engine over the years... yes? So this is not surprising, particularly as these new speeder ranks are actually diminishing returns.

What is surprising is that it took them 5 years to get around to this.

Edited by Andryah

I purchased it for my main character today for 1.8 million. I use "Activate Random Mount" instead of a specific speeder. It feels like the new, higher speed is in effect some times but not others. It might be based on the actual speeder or the planet/location or something else.

Yeah... I have not tried it yet, but it would not surprise me if some speeder types did not get the "memo" about going faster.

I know this reply won't be popular, but Character perks are part of legacy perks. I know there are 2 types, but they both fall under legacy.

That said, the game has needed credit sinks in a bad way. These are not necessities, but simple travel perks that save players time. We have lived since launch with a max 110% speed ... nobody's game experience will worsen by not acquiring the new perks on a character. If you want it, pay for it.

Don't get me wrong, I love saving credits and making credits, but I'd rather they keep making use of legacy perks as credit sinks so long as they keep adding new legacy perks or tiers to old ones. I am thankful for the opportunity to choose to use the new perks or not.

I personally do not care how it was advertised, the problem is that the gain is none or little, I'm seeing both reports.

Also, ranks 1-3 are meant to allow access earlier then it should be via trainer. Ranks 4 and 5 do not to the same thing, therefore, they shouldn't be the continuation of previous perks, but rather two new independent perks.

Cost is high for an individual perk, but at least is not as high as cargo and legacy storage.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

After some digging we have determined what appears to be going on. There is a bug present in certain mounts which is preventing them from being affected by the Rank 4 and 5 speed increases. This is affecting most forms of speeders. This bug is not affecting creature mounts however, so using those is a work around in the interim.

We are looking to get this fixed in our next patch, which based on the current schedule is 5.3. I will provide any additional updates as I get them.

-eric

Hey folks,

After some digging we have determined what appears to be going on. There is a bug present in certain mounts which is preventing them from being affected by the Rank 4 and 5 speed increases. This is affecting most forms of speeders. This bug is not affecting creature mounts however, so using those is a work around in the interim.

We are looking to get this fixed in our next patch, which based on the current schedule is 5.3. I will provide any additional updates as I get them.

-eric

What about the misleading description of the CM speed unlocks? No where besides the hover-over tool tip do they mention they're per CHARACTER I would like my month's-worth CC back.

Hey folks,

-eric

Fine wait till 5.3, but make it a legacy unlock as advertised and not a character unlock.

Fine wait till 5.3, but make it a legacy unlock as advertised and not a character unlock.

I am not following this. It has always been a legacy unlock on the Character perk menu. Nothing about speeder mounts has ever been account wide. Disappointed it is not working on all mounts yet but I did not think this was misleading.

Edited by VarKoE

I am not following this. It has always been a legacy unlock on the Character perk menu. Nothing about speeder mounts has ever been account wide. Disappointed it is not working on all mounts yet but I did not think this was misleading.

Agreed. Global legacy unlocks, like the new CXP boost for having one command rank 300 toon, are located under the Global section. Per character perks, like the early level speeder piloting perks, were always per character, and, ironically enough located under the Character Perk section

it was misleading, has been mentioned by more people then me. So they must come through on it and make it account wide.

Hey folks,

-eric

HAHA!! SWTOR says: "Suck it Polution! Go Green or Get Left Behind!" :rak_09:

Is the speeder perks in the character unlocks right next to the other speeder perks? Yes?

Has speeder perks always been per character? yes

Therefore its not misleading, they just thought that the players who already knew the other perks was per character and they thought you would know these are, you can say their misleading when their under the CHARACTER PERKS!

Is the speeder perks in the character unlocks right next to the other speeder perks? Yes?

Has speeder perks always been per character? yes

Therefore its not misleading, they just thought that the players who already knew the other perks was per character and they thought you would know these are, you can say their misleading when their under the CHARACTER PERKS!

LEGACY PERKS imply that it's Legacy wide. This is why the patch notes are misleading since they added 2 levels of Character Perks.

This is the exact quote from the patch notes :

•New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks for the heads up Eric, we really appreciate the communication! Looking forward to patch 5.3!

What about the misleading description of the CM speed unlocks? No where besides the hover-over tool tip do they mention they're per CHARACTER I would like my month's-worth CC back.

Actually if they are in the character legacy part, then they have always been per character, just like the mailbox, repair and the command experience bonus.

They only ever said it would be a "Legacy Unlock", not a "per-character unlock in the legacy window" or the likes. They said the very same about the Legacy XP perk which actually is a legacy wide unlock.

The per-character unlocks have traditionally been shortcuts, the "funcitonality" of which was also obtainable by other means (especially for subscribers). With these two unlocks, there is no other way to get their "functionality" other than buying the perks per character. They should allow the use of these speeder speeds before you can purchase them from the trainer (like they state, they should be a shortcut purchasable at level 30 resp. 35 instead of say 65 and 70 at which you'd be able to acquire them from the trainer).

Personally, I think all per-character unlocks in the legacy window should be changed to legacy wide ones. It never made any sense to me that something in the legacy window that required legacy ranks, etc. didn't count for the whole legacy.

Another problem with these is that players without these perks can't really follow the players with the perks when adventuring together, which requires the player with the faster perk to stop and wait every couple of seconds instead of cruising at "autorun". This has always been extremely inconvenient and annoying, but at least recently with the crazy prices for speeder perks going away, players at the same level were able to get the same speeder perks no matter how rich they are. With this, the two-class speeder society is back and it's worse than it has ever been, since you are basically forced to purchase the speeder perks if you want to keep up with the other player and there is no way for the other player to slow down either. Perhaps a group buff could be added that buffs the entire group's speeder piloting level while in the group to the highest one any player in the group has unlocked at the moment.

On a side note, a higher speeder piloting rank can also be a big advantage in open world PVP.

Edited by Glzmo

I don't want this on every character, unless we can manually adjust mount speed. For instance, I am only unlocking this perk on characters that have a podracer... But others that use a bantha or whatever I don't need racing by at 88mph. That would just be silly. Edited by xmarcusprimex

I don't want this on every character, unless we can manually adjust mount speed. For instance, I am only unlocking this perk on characters that have a podracer... But others that use a bantha or whatever I don't need racing by at 88mph. That would just be silly.
So turn off "sprint" to slow down when you're on your bantha. Or if you want to go really slow, toggle "walk mode" on, and your bantha will trudge along like it's slogging through wet cement.

The actual problem here is some players, like yourself, making assumptions based on desire.

Speeder training has ALWAYS been a character specific unlock in Legacy. ALWAYS. And it has always allowed you to either unlock with credits or CCs... player choice.

What is different about speed 4 and 5 is they are not trainable from a trainer... only via a Legacy unlock.

Edited by Andryah

Hey folks,

-eric

When is 5.3 scheduled for? Are you seriously going to force us to wait that long to fix this new feature? Something like this needs to be hotfixed ASAP!

LEGACY PERKS imply that it's Legacy wide. This is why the patch notes are misleading since they added 2 levels of Character Perks.

This is the exact quote from the patch notes :

•New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.

Not really, to me legacy means it is on your legacy tab. Doesn't mean that it is account wide. I didn't read it like that. I read it this would be in the legacy tab, which is was under the character perks, just like the command experience perk. To me the speeder is not a big deal especially in light of the command experience perk. It would cost way more than just a increased speeder perk.

Another problem with these is that players without these perks can't really follow the players with the perks when adventuring together, which requires the player with the faster perk to stop and wait every couple of seconds instead of cruising at "autorun". This has always been extremely inconvenient and annoying, but at least recently with the crazy prices for speeder perks going away, players at the same level were able to get the same speeder perks no matter how rich they are. With this, the two-class speeder society is back and it's worse than it has ever been, since you are basically forced to purchase the speeder perks if you want to keep up with the other player and there is no way for the other player to slow down either. Perhaps a group buff could be added that buffs the entire group's speeder piloting level while in the group to the highest one any player in the group has unlocked at the moment.

And what if the player that is in your group doesn't want the increase speeder perk, how would that even change your problem. I don't see this as a problem, people in my guild do not care if we need to wait for someone. We enjoy playing together and if we have to wait for someone we will.

On a side note, a higher speeder piloting rank can also be a big advantage in open world PVP.

Not sure how this is a problem. I don't have any problem waiting for someone to catch up if I need to. It's not something that annoys me or bothers me if they move slower. Can't force players to purchase something they don't wish to purchase. Even if it was legacy wide unlock if someone doesn't want to they shouldn't be punished for it by having someone get upset they have to wait for them.

Edited by Nightblazer