Servers not showing up?

MonolithRV

Bump, cause no halp

It's been covered many times previously but that's usually a sign that either swtor.exe or launcher.exe can't get past your firewall. Make sure both programs can get past your firewall.

If you mention what specific Windows version you;re running as well as which specific firewall you;re using, someone here may be able to help you if you need it.

Hope this helps

Reference link: https://www.google.com/search?q=swtor+no+servers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Edited by dr_mike

Is there anyone that can help with this? I'm not changing any options on my side, but yesterday, I could see servers. Played all day. Wake up today, and they're gone again. This is getting really frustrating. I've tried turning my firewall off, I've tried flushing DNS, I've tried compatibility mode, I've tried reinstalling, nothing works, and I'm getting no response on any outlet I've looked to for help.

Remove the exceptions for launcher.exe , brwc_swtor.exe and swtor.exe and re-add them for both the antivirus and firewall

ESET - disable protocol flitering

Kaperskey - disable scan secure/encrypted connections

Nortons (Firewall) set the exceptions to "allow" instead of "auto"

swtor.exe is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient

You're not on a school network or anything like that, are you? Wondering if you;re getting blocked higher up.

I know you said you;ve turned off the firewall and it worked. Did the firewall get turned back on? I ask because I could have sworn that windows 10 forces you to have it on and will turn it back on after a reboot.

No, I live at home on my own network. I have windows 7, but when I tried turning the firewall off that first time, it worked. However it doesnt work now no matter what I try. I rebooted, and now I've tried it with the firewall on, with it off, on with and without exceptions, reinstalled, flushed DNS, ran in compatibility mode, ran as administrator, restarted modem, nothing works.

Nest time it doesn't work, look in your /logs subdirectory under your game install and see if any errors got dropped in there.

I can't remember if the game reports connection errors when it comes to server errors. It does with patching so I;m hoping.

This is a weird one.

Edited by dr_mike

I have seen issues before caused by avg linkscanner surf shield running in the background if relevant

We had all of our soccer moms get rid of AVG ages ago as 1) they got caught selling user data and 2) they're the reason why we suggest folks manually update and run their scans every so often because they had a couple in there that got borked which wasn't discovered until they were done manually.