Darth Malgus can be killed in a FP, wait what?!

BreezyNate

just found this out yesterday and boy am I pretty angry and confused

I honestly hate to make comparisons to WoW but why couldn't he just have sat in a city where the opposing faction can amass a huge army and just rush and kill him ? Just like the WoW leaders

Hell I just it wouldn't be as bad if he was an operations boss but *** ?

The one person who I consider to be the game closest Mascot (hell the CE comes with his statue) is kill-able by a simple 4man group....... very disappointing :( especially since I read the novels

Complain to Vader... he got stomped 1 on 1.

SWTOR is not about Malgus or Satele - it's about YOUR character. YOU are the hero and if 4 heroes can't defeat the bad guy, who has been built up as nothing more than an evil Sith, then story is sacrificed for making a boss battle "moar epic-er."

Can Satele be killed? I always viewed Satele and Malgus as peers, Varians Thrall if you will.

Nope. I also viewed it in this light which is why I was surprised Satele didn't get off'ed either. Personally if I was writing the class stories I'd have had the Knight/Consular tag team Malgus in the finale and the Warrior/Inquisitor take on Satele but hey.

This thread's title invalidates the purpose of the spoiler section.

I'm sorry but if you're not wanting to be spoilt then don't go to a SPOILER forum. Even if the rule was in place, anybody with a bit of savvy would realise many people aren't going to be smart enough to avoid putting spoilers in the titles.

Although I was sad to see such a cool character go, I really, REALLY hope they don't bring him back. I never quite got over the cheesiness of the "Tempest Keep was merely a setback!" kind of bosses in WoW.

It was a truly epic fight and they did him well in his offing, if it makes you feel any better.

I was upset by this too, Grand Moff Kilran was also off'd while NONE of the Republic mains (save Revan but he's debatable) were killed

Yes, let's all forget about the greatest hero in Republic history (in this time).

He didn't really count.

/sarcasm

Complain to Vader... he got stomped 1 on 1.

SWTOR is not about Malgus or Satele - it's about YOUR character. YOU are the hero and if 4 heroes can't defeat the bad guy, who has been built up as nothing more than an evil Sith, then story is sacrificed for making a boss battle "moar epic-er."

Yeah I get that whole notion.

but seriously WoW has TONS of memorable important characters (Thrall, Jaina, Arthas to name a few) but with SwToR the only ones that stand out to me are Satele and Malgus (Revan is a maybe as is the Emperor himself) and so Malgus dies now?

I fully understand that eventually the Empire crumbles in on itself in the end but to kill off Malgus so early ?

Yes, you kill Malgus, who claims himself the new Emperor of a completely different Empire. This all starts back by reading the book Deceived, dealing with how Malgus thinks the Emperor is weak, as is the Empire for the Treaty of Coruscant. Thus he leaves the Empire, and forms his own, and becomes the Emperor, and is a threat that must be taken out. I am not all that upset that you kill a traitor to the Empire.

Yes, you kill Malgus, who claims himself the new Emperor of a completely different Empire. This all starts back by reading the book Deceived, dealing with how Malgus thinks the Emperor is weak, as is the Empire for the Treaty of Coruscant. Thus he leaves the Empire, and forms his own, and becomes the Emperor, and is a threat that must be taken out. I am not all that upset that you kill a traitor to the Empire.

Not even thoughtful of the fact that he had some damn good points? You would rather kill malgus for the same corrupt sith lords rather than considering that the empire really IS as flawed as he claims?

Because BioWare has a fetish for slaughtering Empire characters.

This. I think I have figured out how empire is going to lose this war..

ps. Then again Darth Maul was thrown to a pit in two equal pieces and he came back.. I wish he hadn't though.

Edited by Karkais