Flashpoints, Warzones, and Operations are a boring end game!

Reading the answer of how they're planning to evolve the end game just gives me no hope. The three Warzones aren't the problem, it's just they mean nothing in the game and so it becomes boring. It's the same old Battleground crap we've played in WoW for years and yet they've just decided to copy it and do nothing new. Flashpoints again there is nothing wrong with them but it provides like an hour of entertainment in an MMO that is meant to last months if not years. Once you've gone through the same one twice you skip all the dialogue and just want to get through it asap for the gear, xp or to run your friend through it. Operations are just small Raids from WoW (I know they've scaled it down since I've played) but it still becomes about the same old thing of needing certain specs and classes. It still becomes this boring gear grind to which by the time they fix the gear situation I wont use for PVP anyways.

The problem is the end game has no substance, there is no innovation and it feels like I've stepped into WoW again. I got bored of that in 2006 and don't want to play it again. Bioware said they didn't want to follow the cliches of the genre and that is all they've done but done it worse in many ways and seven years after the fact.

What would keep me playing long term? Maybe something meaningful to PVP over that isn't the boring Ilum? DAOC and WAR had such amazing world keep PVP it was amazing defending and attacking those keeps for territory. Yet what does Ilum have? Node flipping.........

We have planets like Tatooine sitting there that are so setup for some good world PVP but there is nothing to fight for other than a Balloon ride Datacron that you barely see any. Open up both cities so you can travel to each one without a stupid Taxi you drive yourself and put some objectives on the planet.

Get rid of Fleet Stations so people are put into the world and so they're more likely to help new or lower level players in PVE content or protecting them from the other faction. Maybe people will stay in Ilum and get involved in the PVP there improving it abit? It was such a retarded idea to take people out of the game and put them in those stations...

Professions I can think of which gives people other gameplay opportunities other than the useless crafting skills but Biochem now? Image Designer, Creature Handler and Entertainer just from the top of my head.

We need more open non linear worlds because no one wants to go back to the boring linear ones. I dunno who designed those but they just feel like Mass Effect levels you never want to see again. I hope for the love of god that they add more planets in because I refuse to make ALTs going through the same **** content again.

Yet all Bioware seem to say is Flashpoints, Warzones, and Operations.........

So basically you're copying WoW to which why everyone got bored of it already :\ No thanx I wont be sticking around once this sub is up.

Reading the answer of how they're planning to evolve the end game just gives me no hope. The three Warzones aren't the problem, it's just they mean nothing in the game and so it becomes boring. It's the same old Battleground crap we've played in WoW for years and yet they've just decided to copy it and do nothing new. Flashpoints again there is nothing wrong with them but it provides like an hour of entertainment in an MMO that is meant to last months if not years. Once you've gone through the same one twice you skip all the dialogue and just want to get through it asap for the gear, xp or to run your friend through it. Operations are just small Raids from WoW (I know they've scaled it down since I've played) but it still becomes about the same old thing of needing certain specs and classes. It still becomes this boring gear grind to which by the time they fix the gear situation I wont use for PVP anyways.

The problem is the end game has no substance, there is no innovation and it feels like I've stepped into WoW again. I got bored of that in 2006 and don't want to play it again. Bioware said they didn't want to follow the cliches of the genre and that is all they've done but done it worse in many ways and seven years after the fact.

What would keep me playing long term? Maybe something meaningful to PVP over that isn't the boring Ilum? DAOC and WAR had such amazing world keep PVP it was amazing defending and attacking those keeps for territory. Yet what does Ilum have? Node flipping.........

We have planets like Tatooine sitting there that are so setup for some good world PVP but there is nothing to fight for other than a Balloon ride Datacron that you barely see any. Open up both cities so you can travel to each one without a stupid Taxi you drive yourself and put some objectives on the planet.

Get rid of Fleet Stations so people are put into the world and so they're more likely to help new or lower level players in PVE content or protecting them from the other faction. Maybe people will stay in Ilum and get involved in the PVP there improving it abit? It was such a retarded idea to take people out of the game and put them in those stations...

Professions I can think of which gives people other gameplay opportunities other than the useless crafting skills but Biochem now? Image Designer, Creature Handler and Entertainer just from the top of my head.

We need more open non linear worlds because no one wants to go back to the boring linear ones. I dunno who designed those but they just feel like Mass Effect levels you never want to see again. I hope for the love of god that they add more planets in because I refuse to make ALTs going through the same **** content again.

So basically you're copying WoW to which why everyone got bored of it already :\ No thanx I wont be sticking around once this sub is up.

**** and please don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

Good riddance, enjoy GW2 or Tera, or whatever the new FOTM Panda-killer is.

(Hint: it's an MMORPG not MMOPVP)

He's got a good point though.

I thing we'd see MUCH more life THROUGHOUT the game if it wasn't for the fleet. Honestly, I think the fleet SHOULD be removed as well. Or at the very least make it move around so that if you want to go to it you have to find it first. Then take all the crap we all go to the fleet for and scatter copies of it across the galaxy.

Hell, even killing Vaiken and putting everything that was there on Dromund Kaas would be cool. Maybe then it would feel like the capitol world it's supposed to be.

Eh, but tbh, if Bioware listened to EVERY suggestion we had WoW would have already bitten the dust. Or at least fallen into obscurity.

I agree! The fleet should be removed. It's incredibly boring to stand there, just looking around for other players and waiting... Why would I want to stand around boring grey hallways if there's a whole SW universe for me to explore?!

This game doesn't have enough open world. Or actually, it does, but it doesn't use it. When I arrive on a new planet there are hardly any other players around to do quests (or flashpoints) with. Everyone goes to a new planet, races through the quests and than on to the next planet. It lacks replayability.

I have a lvl 50 sith warrior, the only places I still get to see are the Imperial Fleet, Ilum and a Flashpoint every once in a while :confused:

The LFG system is there, but it is completely worthless because most often there isnt even enough space to place the description of what you are looking for... If they would expand on this then it probably would be easier to find other players, without being forced to go to the fleet.

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely agree. 0 innovation 0 new game mechanics, just the old well known trash again in a new skin :mad:..... And I dont even wanna speak about the terrible PVE content /cleave, tank and spank, dont stand in the fire s.h.i.t.t./...

Maybe Hello Kitty Island Adventure works for you. LOL.

Some people are hard to please. Blizzard made a giant step to make MMO fun with WoW. Bioware just used the same recipe but put Star Wars flavor and it became SWTOR. These games are good. Many are pleased with it. Of course, some MMO players grew tired of it. Me too, I was once a fanatic hardcore raider since Naxxramas 40 man era, to Lich King. But when Cata came, honestly, I grew tired of it... same grindings, endless repetitions, etc. I just stopped coz I dont want it anymore. Now, in SWTOR, I just wanna taste it. After going through the content, very soon I would get tired of it.

I am just here until Blizz releases Diablo 3. Maybe I would come back to StarCraft2 too when they release the Zerg expansion. My niece is also asking me to come back to WoW on the next Panda expansion. Bioware has to step up on competing against Blizzard.

Well, we will see. But for now, I wanna redo Kaon undersiege... those mercenaries, screamers and plaguebringers are epic. LOL.

In other words you don't like MMOs :)

Maybe Hello Kitty Island Adventure works for you. LOL.

What are you implying? You better watch yourself, that's the best game ever and you know it! ;)

To OP. Each to their own. If you don't like it, cool, go play something else. Some of us do and that's also cool. See how that works? Neat, huh?