Nearly a month since I sent in my ticket via email. This is unacceptable.

Talon_strikes

Has anyone gotten a response to their tickets yet?

Since most of my tickets are bug reports no but only because they don't respond to those. The last real ticket I submitted which was over an accidentally deleted armor piece, I got a response in about 1 or 2 days after submitting the ticket.

Edited by Nightblazer

Since most of my tickets are bug reports no but only because they don't respond to those. The last real ticket I submitted which was over an accidentally deleted armor piece, I got a response in about 1 or 2 days after submitting the ticket.

When did you submit that ticket about the armor? Around the holidays?

I'm still waiting to hear back on my ticket from the 20th.

Glad to definitively see I'm not the only one then. That's really sad to see. Well, tomorrow marks the first full work week of January so I hope they make a huge effort to catch up on all of the tickets and reports.

I sent a report via email on Dec 13, 2018 that has yet to be answered. I understand Nov and Dec are holiday months, but you guys shouldn't be backlogged this badly, nor shouldn't cs be on break as long as they are. I'm reporting players that have clearly violated the ToS and it's going to take weeks before my reports are even looked at, never mind investigated. This is ridiculous and unacceptable.

Edit: Before anyone else misinterprets the intention of this thread, all I'm saying is that this extreme extended que on ticket responses due to 2 days in November and December is unacceptable.

When you report a player ingame they do not respond to you, that's always been the case. I've once reported a player for really rude behaviour towards me and while the ticket was closed after a few days, I only got an automated reply and nothing more. Because they aren't allowed to tell you what they did, when they did it or to whom. So if you expect a detailed report then don't hold your breath, because they're not allowed to do that.

Also, as far as I know (and I have sent plenty of emails already) you never get a receive confirmation when sending an email to the SWTOR email address. Also, reporting doesn't happen via e-mail, you report a player by an ingame ticket. If it's something that's happening on the forums you can either use the report button we have here or send an email, but again, they are not obligated to notify you of what they're doing. They'll only notify you they're handling the situation in extreme cases, where something severe is going on.

I am wondering what breech of ToS the players you reported did, however, because if is something that's actually not a breach but you yourself consider it to be then that might be the reason why you received no reply. There's no reason to name or shame anyone here of course, so you don't have to tell us what happened. But are you really sure the reported behaviour was actually a breach of ToS? Not saying it's the case with you of course, but I have seen players report someone for avoiding mobs in a FP because they considered it to be hacking... so, suffice to say I usually am sceptical in threads like this one.

Also, sidenote, if you create a thread and expect or want people to solely agree with you, then I suggest not making the thread in the first place.

Edited by Ylliarus

Glad to definitively see I'm not the only one then. That's really sad to see. Well, tomorrow marks the first full work week of January so I hope they make a huge effort to catch up on all of the tickets and reports.

I finally got a response. Surprise, surprise, CS knew nothing about the missing head bug that has been reported by numerous players and well documented on the bug report forum. The same forum they suggested I post on :rolleyes:

When you report a player ingame they do not respond to you, that's always been the case. I've once reported a player for really rude behaviour towards me and while the ticket was closed after a few days, I only got an automated reply and nothing more. Because they aren't allowed to tell you what they did, when they did it or to whom. So if you expect a detailed report then don't hold your breath, because they're not allowed to do that.

You are incorrect. I have submitted many reports over the years playing the game and they always sent back replies saying something like thanking me for submitting my report, that they will launch an investigation, and to protect users' privacy they will not divulge any details regarding the matter. So you are wrong.

And going by your last 2 sentences, it looks like you didn't even read the thread OP.

Also, as far as I know (and I have sent plenty of emails already) you never get a receive confirmation when sending an email to the SWTOR email address. Also, reporting doesn't happen via e-mail, you report a player by an ingame ticket. If it's something that's happening on the forums you can either use the report button we have here or send an email, but again, they are not obligated to notify you of what they're doing. They'll only notify you they're handling the situation in extreme cases, where something severe is going on.

I've always gotten a response when I email, too.

You can report via email, it's not strictly thru in-game. That doesn't even make sense if that was the case because then how would f2p and preferred players be able to report players since they can't create tickets?

I am wondering what breech of ToS the players you reported did, however, because if is something that's actually not a breach but you yourself consider it to be then that might be the reason why you received no reply. There's no reason to name or shame anyone here of course, so you don't have to tell us what happened. But are you really sure the reported behaviour was actually a breach of ToS? Not saying it's the case with you of course, but I have seen players report someone for avoiding mobs in a FP because they considered it to be hacking... so, suffice to say I usually am sceptical in threads like this one.

Serious harassment, xenophobic, racist and abusive posts aimed at my friends and I.

Also, sidenote, if you create a thread and expect or want people to solely agree with you, then I suggest not making the thread in the first place.

It's not about agreeing vs. disagreeing. It's about the fact that people are completely ignoring what is being said in the OP and grasping at straws, or blatantly posting outright misinformation and trolling.

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

You are incorrect. I have submitted many reports over the years playing the game and they always sent back replies saying something like thanking me for submitting my report, that they will launch an investigation, and to protect users' privacy they will not divulge any details regarding the matter. So you are wrong.

Which is exactly what Yill said, but the reply is automated. I sent in my second ticket ever 3 weeks ago (or so). Some d-bag was botting the Colicoid Queen on Balmorra. As she is the final quest objective for the bonus on Republic, it was annoying. I defeated said bot by spamming AoE until I nabbed her.

I only got a reply a couple days ago. As the reply is generic, for the reasons Yill outlined, who cares?

You can pretend the reply you got (as I got from Jay) for your various reports were not automated, but realize you and Yill are saying the exact same thing.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Which is exactly what Yill said, but the reply is automated. I sent in my second ticket ever 3 weeks ago (or so). Some d-bag was botting the Colicoid Queen on Balmorra. As she is the final quest objective for the bonus on Republic, it was annoying. I defeated said bot by spamming AoE until I nabbed her.

I only got a reply a couple days ago. As the reply is generic, for the reasons Yill outlined, who cares?

You can pretend the reply you got (as I got from Jay) for your various reports were not automated, but realize you and Yill are saying the exact same thing.

Dasty

No we weren't saying the same thing. Yill was saying you don't get responses for reports, and don't get anything back via email at all. I'm pointing out, yet again, that those claims are false. The replies being automated or not is besides the point.

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

No we weren't saying the same thing. Yill was saying you don't get responses for reports, and don't get anything back via email at all. I'm pointing out, yet again, that those claims are false. The replies being automated or not is besides the point.

False claims? So my experience has been false, it didn't happen? I dreamt up that I filed tickets reporting someone and only got automated replies to them and no other response? Me not getting any response or receipt confirmation on emails, it was a figment of my imagination, is that what you're saying? Because that's what you're doing right now by calling what I said "false claims", when I literally experienced the opposite of what you're claiming.

Edited by Ylliarus

False claims? So my experience has been false, it didn't happen? I dreamt up that I filed tickets reporting someone and only got automated replies to them and no other response? Me not getting any response or receipt confirmation on emails, it was a figment of my imagination, is that what you're saying? Because that's what you're doing right now by calling what I said "false claims", when I literally experienced the opposite of what you're claiming.

Hi!

I just wanted to chime in and say that I have received contact by CSR in game as well as via email that wasn't automated. Now whether they do that regularly or not I do not know. I only reported someone one time and that was years ago. Maybe they were more on top of things then. I know the person got busted because their friends were complaining in gen chat about "the person" who got their buddy in trouble.

Maybe they have switched to a more automated system. Maybe it's just random depending on the CSR who is taking care of the issue.

As to the OP thread, I have been waiting over a month on one ticket and two weeks on another. They are probably receiving more tickets than they can handle at this point. I just hope mine doesn't get closed without an update to me, cause that's happened before as well.

And we are pointing out that just because you received responses to all of your communications, regardless of medium of transfer, doesn't mean everyone has. Several of us have noted in this thread that depending on the nature of the issue you are reporting you may or may not get a response.

Unfortunately, you have experienced racist, xenophobic, etc. slurs in game. When you did report these, regardless of using the in-game ticket mechanism, the report player button, or an email, you did get a response. As you acknowledged, it was a generic one.

We really aren't saying anything more complicated than that. If you look at Yill's post, he makes it very clear that there are gradations of the types of reports in terms of severity. I think you read his first sentence in post #30 and didn't read his further exposition. As I pointed out, when reporting player behavior, I did get a response. As others noted, if you are reporting a bug, you may not get a response. Others it seem have filed reports, regardless of mechanism of transfer, or nature of severity, and not received any response at all. The first time I reported a person, whose name was an obvious permutation of a racial slur, I did not receive a response, even a generic one.

/shrug

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

And we are pointing out that just because you received responses to all of your communications, regardless of medium of transfer, doesn't mean everyone has. Several of us have noted in this thread that depending on the nature of the issue you are reporting you may or may not get a response.

Unfortunately, you have experienced racist, xenophobic, etc. slurs in game. When you did report these, regardless of using the in-game ticket mechanism, the report player button, or an email, you did get a response. As you acknowledged, it was a generic one.

We really aren't saying anything more complicated than that. If you look at Yill's post, he makes it very clear that there are gradations of the types of reports in terms of severity. I think you read his first sentence in post #30 and didn't read his further exposition. As I pointed out, when reporting player behavior, I did get a response. As others noted, if you are reporting a bug, you may not get a response. Others it seem have filed reports, regardless of mechanism of transfer, or nature of severity, and not received any response at all. The first time I reporter a person, whose name was an obvious permutation of a racial slur, I did not receive a response, even a generic one.

/shrug

Dasty

Thank you, I am happy what I tried to say was at least understood and fully read by you, which is immensely appreciated! :)