Should Biochem get a nerf or should others get a buff?

sneakybovine

Hello all!

I've been seeing a lot of threads about "nerf biochem since slicing was nerfed" and "now it's time to nerf biochem". But from what I could tell slicing was nerfed due to it working NOT as intended and giving out WAY to many credits compared to others. Where as people are now complaining that biochem is now op since it is the only thing that is worth a darn. Now the point I am getting at is, instead of nerfing biochem (which I guess people are saying to take out some of the re useable buffs, or either make it harder to obtain?) is to instead buff the other skills with something worthwhile instead of nerfing biochem and making all skills not very good at all.

That's my thoughts on this, I would like to see others views on this as well.

Thank you for your time

<3 Triple

Just make their purple-stuff BoE, problem solved.

Edit:

From what I've seen the purple stuff isn't the best stuff, its just reusable. I prefer the blue ones I've made so far.

That's what I meant. It must be usable by others than Biochems if it to not be removed else any tank with a sense for economy would go for Biochem. That does not make a sustainable economy, let alone make crafting a fun choice to make.

Edited by Sotof

I agree - they should buff the other professions if they want to balance it up, rather than nerfing Biochem (I don't have it btw!). The trend though seems to be to nerf the thing that's seen as too strong, maybe that's easier than implementing new features for all the other crew skills in a short amount of time.

EDIT = thought he was talking about other skills so this is irrelevant.

I can see that being a way to make money and a way to send gear to your other characters but, If you still compare it to biochem they can still sell the stims/medpacks/adrenals and then still can get the re useable ones for themselves. I feel as if the other crew skills should have something else other than just a buff to the credit making part of things

p.s. I am a biochem so this thread isn't a "lol u mad you didin't pick biochem" thread. I just feel as if the other skills aren't where they need to be.

Edited by sneakybovine

I can see that being a way to make money and a way to send gear to your other characters but, If you still compare it to biochem they can still sell the stims/medpacks/adrenals and then still can get the re useable ones for themselves. I feel as if the other crew skills should have something else other than just a buff to the credit making part of things

p.s. I am a biochem so this thread isn't a "lol u mad you didin't pick biochem" thread. I just feel as if the other skills aren't where they need to be.

Personally I think that anything you make with crafting you should be able to sell. The idea with it is that you can supply your friends, your guild and the market with items, not just yourself. Why should a Biochem not be able to sell the reusable items for a hefty profit? It brings them more to the same level as other professions without robbing them of a way to make money.

Personally I think that anything you make with crafting you should be able to sell. The idea with it is that you can supply your friends, your guild and the market with items, not just yourself. Why should a Biochem not be able to sell the reusable items for a hefty profit? It brings them more to the same level as other professions without robbing them of a way to make money.

I agree on the crafting part of your post, but about selling the re useable items biochem gets, I feel that even if they buffed the other skills to make their purples boe that biochem would still be way op since more people would need adrenals/medkits/stims over the boe gear, but it would only be for a short time. Because when most of the player base that wants to play end game buys the re useable items then biochem would have no worth unless they keep adding newer and better re useable items. Otherwise a biochem would get 400,make a stockpile of re useable items and then drop it for another prof and sell/use the re useable items.

I agree on the crafting part of your post, but about selling the re useable items biochem gets, I feel that even if they buffed the other skills to make their purples boe that biochem would still be way op since more people would need adrenals/medkits/stims over the boe gear, but it would only be for a short time. Because when most of the player base that wants to play end game buys the re useable items then biochem would have no worth unless they keep adding newer and better re useable items. Otherwise a biochem would get 400,make a stockpile of re useable items and then drop it for another prof and sell/use the re useable items.

Biochem would have exactly as much use as other professions, which is balance. You would have a usual flow of new 50s that need the reusable items, just like armormechs have one for people that needs purples when turning 50.

I do think that professions need something else to sell regularly, but the reusable items are simply too powerful to be allowed for biochem only - all tanks (if they had a sense for economy) would go biochem, hell I am considering to do it with both my tanks even if my DPS is the one with biochem right now.

To solve the problem with not having anything sustainable to sell, maybe create an ability to add augment slots to gear for their respective professions (and to that of others)? That would be nice. Then an armormech for example would be able to add augment slots (for a cost) to feet, legs, chest, belt, head and gloves, while other professions would be able to add it to whatever they are able to make.

Also I stole your avatar! :jawa_evil:

Edited by Sotof

From what I've seen the purple stuff isn't the best stuff, its just reusable. I prefer the blue ones I've made so far.

I made the reusable stim for level 8, but the 2 kinds of blue ones I made were better. (maybe you can keep going and RE the purples to make better purples I don't know.)

My favorite stim is the blue one that heals both the companion and player at the same time (but for a lesser amount) and includes a heal over time.

The next favorite is the one that only heals the player and includes the Hot. It heals for a larger amount so if I'm the only one taking damage or the companion is already down I use that one.

I've tried to sell both types on the GTN for just slightly more than the Medical droid prices and so far sell very few.

I haven't bothered REing for any more reusable purples at higher levels since I can make my own supply of better Blue stims it seems pointless.

That's what I meant. It must be usable by others than Biochems if it to not be removed else any tank with a sense for economy would go for Biochem. That does not make a sustainable economy.

Biochem would have exactly as much use as other professions, which is balance. You would have a usual flow of new 50s that need the reusable items, just like armormechs have one for people that needs purples when turning 50.

I do think that professions need something else to sell regularly, but the reusable items are simply too powerful to be allowed for biochem only - all tanks (if they had a sense for economy) would go biochem, hell I am considering to do it with both my tanks even if my DPS is the one with biochem right now.

To solve the problem with not having anything sustainable to sell, maybe create an ability to add augment slots to gear for their respective professions (and to that of others)? That would be nice. Then an armormech for example would be able to add augment slots (for a cost) to feet, legs, chest, belt, head and gloves, while other professions would be able to add it to whatever they are able to make.

Also I stole your avatar! :jawa_evil:

Yes I fell if they added the augment thing that would help, but like you said biochem is op with the re useable items and with that biochem is the only thing worth getting.

Also its ok that you stole my avatar I <3 jawas so the more the better!

Yes I fell if they added the augment thing that would help, but like you said biochem is op with the re useable items and with that biochem is the only thing worth getting.

Also its ok that you stole my avatar I <3 jawas so the more the better!

It's the only thing worth getting, but also what makes it so imbalanced sadly. It needs to be adjusted. If you can sell the reusable items it still makes Biochem worth getting, and it removes the need to nerf it further.

Also I agree. Jawas are the best!