!!POLL!! The reason why Empire winrate is higher than Republic is....???

Sorrowsongg

Horrible survey. The questions are leading and narrow in their grouping. Some questions set ranges others encompass too large a range. E.G. How old are you has 8 options with 5 year age spans. Then how often do you win is 25, 50, 75 with 25% ranges. So if majority win probably 48-52% when grouped it is skewed heavily.

It seems that they made this to try and make it seem like one side is worse than the other.

The only thing worse about one side over another is accepting defeat and not using strategies or grouping up.

I have a 50 on both factions, both pve servers and even though I know I am outnumbered in 1, when grouped with friends we still do well and get all we need done on either.

l2p issues abound to all those kiddies that got free stuff in other games and now expect ez-mode everything.

Want to make a poll, start with real issues like RNG for PvP bags, or stats that dont work in PvP like block/absorb etc. Or disparity of finishing dailies/weekly in Illum for ranged vs melee.

Hi this poll is not about RNG bags or Ilums issues its just a poll to understand if there looks to be any demographic differences between persons playing Republic and Empire especially in PvP @ lvl 50.

It will ofc depend on server but my best bet is there could be some slight differences like for example republic having a higher healer ratio in WZs.

I too have 2xLvl 50s one of each faction both on PvP servers and I at least believe there feels like there is a difference in background of the players.

Thats what this poll is trying to understand. It is not a poll on if PvP is good or bad or if its to easy/hard to get gear etc its just a faction background poll.

Also with enough respondents the poll would in no way be non representative having 25 50 75 ranges in win ratio as IF the average person would win 48-52% of the time then that would be reflected in that some people say over 50% win and some say below 50%.

Feel free to do other interresting polls on other PvP subjects.

Cheers

//Kamasuthra

Edited by Sorrowsongg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That must be something that's pretty server dependent. I main Empire, but the past week I've been PvP'ing a lot on my Vanguard in order to see how things are on the other side. The republic PuGs on the server I've been playing on have often been some of the most disorganised, angst-filled bads I've ever encountered. People running one at a time into groups of enemies, one guy screaming and shouting about how much everyone sucks and when they finally do group up, they'll go after the most heavily defended spot on the map.

However on the server I have my imperial toons on, the win/loss ratio is generally a pretty even spread, and we've got some pretty good republic premade groups like Cadia on Bondar Crystal, along with some good Imp guilds as well.

I think the bigger the pop imbalance, the better the Republic players are getting. I only queue as solo and I always end up with most of the ops group being people I've been playing with all day.

We have an almost defacto premade situation going on.

Feel free to do other interresting polls on other PvP subjects.

Cheers

//Kamasuthra

I think you are just trying to justify your zerg attitude with what your conscience defines as a "scientific procedure". You're doing it nicely and calmly, and when anyone attacks your methodology; you'll smile and try to bait them into hostilities, but at the end of the day you won't get the data to affirm your hope that you didn't chose a side because they have lighting and jet packs.

I think you are just trying to justify your zerg attitude with what your conscience defines as a "scientific procedure". You're doing it nicely and calmly, and when anyone attacks your methodology; you'll smile and try to bait them into hostilities, but at the end of the day you won't get the data to affirm your hope that you didn't chose a side because they have lighting and jet packs.

Hm. I have as I said both a 50 Emp and a 50 Rep char that I play pretty much equally much. No clue why you think I have a zerg attitude.

I believe atleast some data is better than no data as I wrote in the original post.

Maybe I will find nothing of interrest in the result but its hard to tell before i see the data..

...the imperials compete against other imperials more than republic compete against republic as a result of population imbalance.

If imperials are playing imperials in hutball, then an imperial team wins, therefore, the imperial / republic win percentage is higher for warzones.

Hi, no not really closed.This number is firstly old and was before many people became lvl 50. Basically this number showed that when people leveled up and had little clue about the end game PvP mechanics the winrate was fairly similair. It was also before the 50 bracket was introduced.

I would expect the winrate in the 50s bracket to differ much from this.

//Kamasuthra

You would assume, but have no proof to your assumptions, ie your opinion is worthless

You would assume, but have no proof to your assumptions, ie your opinion is worthless

Wow so much anger on these forums. Yes i do not have any hard cross server cross region data. This poll is not even about that its about trying to understand if its possible to see any pattern in demographical differences between Imp/Rep playerbase..

...the imperials compete against other imperials more than republic compete against republic as a result of population imbalance.

If imperials are playing imperials in hutball, then an imperial team wins, therefore, the imperial / republic win percentage is higher for warzones.

Im 100% sure this is not how BioWare calculates because it would be to stupid. Most likely they excluded any same faction games from their calculation.

I am on Mandalore the Indomitable server and Republic has been destroying us Imperials. Granted, I am mostly in pugs or a group of just me and another guy most of the time but damn. Republic is winning huttball majority of the time, Voidstar is 50/50, and I can't even remember the last time I won at Alderaan.

The answer is...

All Huttballs are Empire vs Empire!! How do you expect Repbs to win if they aren't even playing the game...

And now you know the rest of the story.

AS I said before I would be extremely surpriced if thats how Bioware calculated wins per faction. It would make no sense, be utterly stupid and then Imperals should have a much higher win ratio than the officially proclamed 53%

This would also mean that an imperial team loses which would decrease the win rate as well. In fact, if it was calculated this way the abundance of same faction huttball would simply push the win rate closer to 50% as any same faction battle will have to have a 50% win rate and a 50% loss rate.

I am on Mandalore the Indomitable server and Republic has been destroying us Imperials. Granted, I am mostly in pugs or a group of just me and another guy most of the time but damn. Republic is winning huttball majority of the time, Voidstar is 50/50, and I can't even remember the last time I won at Alderaan.

Yep, same server and I will attest this to pretty much the case in PVP Warzones.

I also have some issues with the survey (which I did fill out):

I answered questions with all my characters in mind. I.E. I have a level 50 character, but I took into account ALL my toons when answering questions regarding how often I PVP and estimated win/loss %. So please when analyzing this data, just because I said I have a lvl 50 do not assume that my guess as to win % will refer to only lvl 50 PVP.

I really really wanted to choose my estimated win/loss % right at 50. It really seems that way when I think about my wins and losses, and again that applies to all brackets I play in. Unfortunately the way the answers are arranged there really is no way for me to say this.

Wow, easiest pop quiz ever.

Numbers...that's it. Imps have more, they can play more against one another so they get more gear, and ilum, although the op said that didn't count. Well it still it still leads to gear discrepancies doesn't it.

Better gear=easier wins.

And before anyone hops in here and says but WZ's are only 8v8 so it's even. Haha wrong again. On my server queues pop all the time at 4v8 and 5v8. Guess who's ahead at the end of 2 minutes, how could BW think this is a good idea? And guess what, at 6v8 the WZ doesn't end.

Have I won 6v8 against imps? Of course, I mean those are nearly even odds against teamstacking baddies. And 7v8 I consider to be even. But you just can't get lucky enough to always get a 7v8 WZ.

So in response to what are the numbers probably about 40pub wins to 60imp wins, they would be worse except any Republic pre-made can faceroll anything the 99% of Imps have to offer.

Seriously to most of you Imps, don't reroll to balance the game, just quit, not interested in your free wins mentality and I honestly can't believe so many of you are either. And to people who rerolled Imp...I have no words for you, that simply blows my mind. Just go play nintendogs or some other "game".

And yes imad ;), this game has so much potential and it's dying on the vine from this crap.

I wish there was a win % option of 50%.

Not just more than or less than 50%

Also, sample size of forum people is a skewed sample.

Great idea for the poll.

Can not wait to see how many people say they are below average.

Thank You

Edited by richardya

on my empire toon in the 10-49 bracket i win maybe 50~60% of the time depending on my team (jugg tank)

on my republic toon I win 100% of the time... haven't lost since brackets were introduced, and this is as PUG over half the time. I'm a 45 scoundrel healer and usually get 400k per warzone, on average. Probably about 50 wins in a row since brackets were introduced.

Claiming imps are winning the majority of the time is just false, esp. in the 10-49 bracket. The republic pugs are full of more mature players that respond to organization, whereas the imp side all I experience are flaming trolls in pugs.

I imagine imp might win more in lvl 50 PUG play due to gear imbalance from Ilum and faction Imbalance.

on my empire toon in the 10-49 bracket i win maybe 50~60% of the time depending on my team (jugg tank)

on my republic toon I win 100% of the time... haven't lost since brackets were introduced, and this is as PUG over half the time. I'm a 45 scoundrel healer and usually get 400k per warzone, on average. Probably about 50 wins in a row since brackets were introduced.

Claiming imps are winning the majority of the time is just false, esp. in the 10-49 bracket. The republic pugs are full of more mature players that respond to organization, whereas the imp side all I experience are flaming trolls in pugs.

I imagine imp might win more in lvl 50 PUG play due to gear imbalance from Ilum and faction Imbalance.

like i said i have the same experience i've had. i don't know what it is, but it seems many mnay of the non 50 sith are terrible at pvp or just organizational thinking in general. once these guys get to 50 its over

Update: We now have almost 250 survey respondents- great! Keep them comming!

So far almost 40% of the Empire lvl 50 respondents that play on a PvP server have answered that they would like to switch faction if it would be possible compared to under 10% of the Republic lvl 50s on a PvP server..

Cheers

//Kamasuthra

Edited by Sorrowsongg

This would also mean that an imperial team loses which would decrease the win rate as well.

No it doesn't. Let's use a simple population of three warzones matches.

Imp vs Imp - Imp winner

Imp vs Rep - Imp winner

Imp vs Rep - Rep winner

For the population of warzones, which faction has a higher win percentage?

I haven't seen the methodology BW used to report the 53% imperial win percentage. If someone know it, please post.

The win ratio doesn't seem too imbalanced to me, I win quite a bit in WZ's. However the scales are tipping. Not due to some classes being played more than others, but because the population imbalance creates such a fast-track for Empire players in terms of valor.

The Empire reaches 60 valor, and is able to reliably do their dailies/weeklies through armaments. It's nearly impossible now for me to even get a daily done, what with trying to get 30 kills (armaments aren't an option) in 5 v 20 fights all the time.

according to biowares official statement the win ratio was 47/53 favoring the empire.

case closed?

Is this total win ratio or Republic vs. Empire win ratio? Since Empire can play Empire in Huttball, they will always trend closer to 50%. For example...

100 matches

46 empire vs. empire Empire is 50% win ratio

46 empire vs. republic Empire wins 60% of the time

8 republic vs. republic Republic is 50% win ratio

( 0.5 * 46 + 0.6 * 46 ) / ( 46 + 46 ) = 55%

Seems feasible right? Since imps are populated 2:1 on most servers, you would expect something like 50% of your games to be huttball against imps as an imp. You can say either:

Empire wins 60% of the time against Republic

Empire wins 55% of the time

Both are factually correct, but the 2nd is misleading that there's better balance.