Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

Lightstrake

WARNING *SPOILER ALERT - SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SPOILED******

As many players of the Empire know, there's a flashpoint where you enter a Foundry area [i'm mainly Republic so I don't know the name] and it was owned by Revan. I knew Revan had to be alive during the game even before I found out about the flashpoint. I had reasoning with Revan being so strong in the Force, he can survive 300 years as Yoda did for 800-900 years.

I was glad they gave him a face to his mysterious stranger personality of masking his face. [Did anyone catch the reference? ^_^] But the way you left his story was just horrible. I'm sorry, but the way HK was destroyed too was pretty bad as well. In KotOR II you have a mini-quest to repair him, and I'm sure if you had the chance to do so again you would, but he won't be the same and I'm positive the Empire just destroyed him.

Revan had such a rich history and made the KotOR games amazing. Revan was the star of it, not the Wars, not the companions, Revan. His book was amazing and answers some left-over questions we had such as the Emperor, True Sith, the Exile, etc. I just don't like how you left him like that was horrible.

His death should've had been more honorable and even make the most ruthless Empire players feel bad about killing him. I hope you plan on doing something with his death like maybe he transported through the Force or something. I know it was time to say good-bye to our faithful friend, but I just think it should've been more cinematic for him. He is the one of the only reasons why The Old Republic was made and had so much success because KotOR players knew the back-story.

I hope you enjoyed part of my rant, just sad to see his death this way instead of another way.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revan was never about being honourable, that was the whole point about his character and why he fell to the dark side in the first place. He pursued the Mandalorians zealously which is how he came to find Dromund Kaas and be corrupted by the Emperor in the first place.

I think as well, it's part of BioWare trying to move Revan out of the spotlight and let the characters of this era take over. It felt more like a great reference for KotOR fans (of whom the majority of TOR players likely haven't picked up), rather than as substantial as it could have been. Remember this is The Old Republic, not Knights of the Old Republic.

I agree it felt like a cop out and his 'vanishing' act at the end is likely there so they can pull him out again at some point in the future.

Revan was never about being honourable, that was the whole point about his character and why he fell to the dark side in the first place. He pursued the Mandalorians zealously which is how he came to find Dromund Kaas and be corrupted by the Emperor in the first place.

I think as well, it's part of BioWare trying to move Revan out of the spotlight and let the characters of this era take over. It felt more like a great reference for KotOR fans (of whom the majority of TOR players likely haven't picked up), rather than as substantial as it could have been. Remember this is The Old Republic, not Knights of the Old Republic.

I agree it felt like a cop out and his 'vanishing' act at the end is likely there so they can pull him out again at some point in the future.

He joined the dark side for a reason...

WARNING *SPOILER ALERT - SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SPOILED******

As many players of the Empire know, there's a flashpoint where you enter a Foundry area [i'm mainly Republic so I don't know the name] and it was owned by Revan. I knew Revan had to be alive during the game even before I found out about the flashpoint. I had reasoning with Revan being so strong in the Force, he can survive 300 years as Yoda did for 800-900 years.

I was glad they gave him a face to his mysterious stranger personality of masking his face. [Did anyone catch the reference? ^_^] But the way you left his story was just horrible. I'm sorry, but the way HK was destroyed too was pretty bad as well. In KotOR II you have a mini-quest to repair him, and I'm sure if you had the chance to do so again you would, but he won't be the same and I'm positive the Empire just destroyed him.

Revan had such a rich history and made the KotOR games amazing. Revan was the star of it, not the Wars, not the companions, Revan. His book was amazing and answers some left-over questions we had such as the Emperor, True Sith, the Exile, etc. I just don't like how you left him like that was horrible.

His death should've had been more honorable and even make the most ruthless Empire players feel bad about killing him. I hope you plan on doing something with his death like maybe he transported through the Force or something. I know it was time to say good-bye to our faithful friend, but I just think it should've been more cinematic for him. He is the one of the only reasons why The Old Republic was made and had so much success because KotOR players knew the back-story.

I hope you enjoyed part of my rant, just sad to see his death this way instead of another way.

nag bioware enough and they will change that, remember way back in the day when the Consular sage was called Jedi Wizard? enough people say no Bioware makes things happen, Revan shall return

I thought his last words were superb, it also fuels my jedi's rage to kill all sith :p. I would like to believe its not the end of revan but i think it was an ok way to go, it shows u that the character u play as is strong enough to be a match for Revan himself.

Pretty cool answers. Like I said, I'm mainly Republic so I never truly knew about the Foundry since it's an Empire Flashpoint or setback.

Either way, I hope this is a start of something, even if this isn't the glorious KotOR III we all wanted, it's still in the same time period of The Old Republic. Revan's blood-line is still continuing, the True Sith returning, the Jedi Order establishing fully, etc. I just think leaving his legacy like that was just horrible. If it weren't for him, a lot of the game couldn't be possible. Lord Scourge, Satele Shan, maybe even the Emperor. A lot of this game depended on the KotOR series to make it happen.

Hopefully, BioWare will continue something like this like Blizzard continued Arthas. I find Revan a lot like Arthas at certain times. Arthas was never truly evil, he gave into his vengeance to protect and save lives as Revan did. Arthas always maintained his paladin self in his soul, we see this at his death. Revan always maintained his Jedi ways even as the Emperor destroyed his mind for his secrets. Arthas fell because he listened to the soul of the Lich King. Revan fell because of the Emperor, as Mandalore the Ultimate did.

I find Revan will have an end to the game, but I think it will be like Arthas', and perhaps a role of bloodlines awaiting for his soul. As a Consular, I think we all know that Bastila will be waiting for him, as she felt his call in the Force at the end of his book.

I really hope BioWare improves on this. Revan does need an end for new characters like Satele Shan and many others. I do believe she is going to be majorly improved upon since she's Grand Master and a direct descendant of Bastila and Revan.

Thanks for all the feedback, I hope to see more of it soon.

You don't kill Revan! Because when you look at his healthbar he got 9k left before vanishes.

Or it would mean he willingly died to become one with the force.

This is true. The players in the flashpoint do not reduce Revans HP to zero. He vanishes in a flash of light before the end. (I just did the flashpoint today :))

Make of that what you will.

However, I have never thought too much of Revan. He feels overhyped. Maybe I should try some of them books..

Edited by Karkais

Don't worry. Revan vanished before the final blow was struck. And this IS BioWare we're talking about: Revan is more of a major character to BioWare than Shepard. There's no way they'd just kill him off like that. He'll be back, and he'll be the worst nightmare of the Sith.

I kinda hope he did something like Obi-Wan does in the film. I mean, it's so obvious that he doesn't die.. he just poofs via Force Lightning of sorts. I'm really hoping to see him as a Force Ghost at some point... I don't think he should be an Operation boss tho, as I don't see how it would make sense. But he can come again in an expansion as a new Flashpoint boss? Also, as Empire, I don't think we ever hear from the Exile, but I believe the Republic talks to her during the Revan quest line and saving him and all that... But, REVAN CANNOT DIE!

IMO Revan shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. KOTOR2 began to deviate continuity in order to come up with a reason for him to not be there. In KOTOR1 it shows that Revan and Malak's fall to the dark side wasn't because of zelously chasing Mandalorians but kick-started by them exploring the Rakatan ruins on Dantooine and then using the Mandalorian war as an excuse to find the other star maps and claiming the star forge for themselves. Even still, the Emperor wanted them to use the Star Forge as a vanguard to weaken the Republic and kick-start his invasion by several centuries. In the end the Star Forge was destroyed and the Republic, though battered, was not much worse for the wear. It would have been much more plausible for Revan, described as a great tactician, to have stayed behind and help strengthen the Republic as much as possible instead of electing to keep it all secret and going on a suicide mission.

Basically, I treat this storyline as an "alternate universe" type and move on.

IMO Revan shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. KOTOR2 began to deviate continuity in order to come up with a reason for him to not be there. In KOTOR1 it shows that Revan and Malak's fall to the dark side wasn't because of zelously chasing Mandalorians but kick-started by them exploring the Rakatan ruins on Dantooine and then using the Mandalorian war as an excuse to find the other star maps and claiming the star forge for themselves. Even still, the Emperor wanted them to use the Star Forge as a vanguard to weaken the Republic and kick-start his invasion by several centuries. In the end the Star Forge was destroyed and the Republic, though battered, was not much worse for the wear. It would have been much more plausible for Revan, described as a great tactician, to have stayed behind and help strengthen the Republic as much as possible instead of electing to keep it all secret and going on a suicide mission.

Basically, I treat this storyline as an "alternate universe" type and move on.

Nope, it's canon.

Revan didn't die at the end of Foundy, he simply vanishes.

HK-47 was defeated. It says he can be repaired in the dialog by both Revan when you meet him...and I THINK i remember Malgus mentioning it as well (even upgrading him no less).

The force didn't keep Revan alive. I read up on this today as I was also curious as to how he could be alive after 300 years.

After losing a battle to the Sith Emperor, he was put into a stasis tank until the events set forth in SWTOR.

Revan didn't die at the end of Foundy, he simply vanishes.

HK-47 was defeated. It says he can be repaired in the dialog by both Revan when you meet him...and I THINK i remember Malgus mentioning it as well (even upgrading him no less).

The force didn't keep Revan alive. I read up on this today as I was also curious as to how he could be alive after 300 years.

After losing a battle to the Sith Emperor, he was put into a stasis tank until the events set forth in SWTOR.

He vanished about as much as the victims of the South Korean airlines "vanished". He exploded. Death is a leading cause of "missed days of work" in people that suffer from explosions.

HK is not being brought back to life. Revan makes it explicitly clear: HK is dead. Any repairs result in a whole new HK, he will "never be the same".

You guys aren't mad that it's a bad story, you're mad because your favorite character is mortal.

It's ok, we all felt the same way when Ned Stark got the axe.

He vanished about as much as the victims of the South Korean airlines "vanished". He exploded. Death is a leading cause of "missed days of work" in people that suffer from explosions.

HK is not being brought back to life. Revan makes it explicitly clear: HK is dead. Any repairs result in a whole new HK, he will "never be the same".

You guys aren't mad that it's a bad story, you're mad because your favorite character is mortal.

It's ok, we all felt the same way when Ned Stark got the axe.

You know that HK showed up pretty much himself in Star Wars Galaxies right?