update 2.2 on 6/11 ?

magecutter

In case you are adverse to clicking links... "First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:" It will be confirmed when the Devs post on the forums that the server will be going down for maintenance and patching to 2.2

• Dev Post
I know 2.2 is on the way and have heard 6/11 as the estimated date. anyone have/seen a confirmation of this date ? just wondering - thanks

Hi magecutter! As of right now we are still looking good for our target date of June 11 for Game Update 2.2. The team is working through the player feedback from Public Test Server as well as our continued internal testing and so far we haven't seen any show stopping issues that we won't be able to resolve before June 11. I'll shout here on the forums if that changes.

Hi magecutter! As of right now we are still looking good for our target date of June 11 for Game Update 2.2. The team is working through the player feedback from Public Test Server as well as our continued internal testing and so far we haven't seen any show stopping issues that we won't be able to resolve before June 11. I'll shout here on the forums if that changes.

Any info as to when it's getting a page on the Game Updates section of the site? With less than two weeks, I was expecting like a lot of things to be shown off already...

Any word on server transfers? I've noticed a drop of populations in the servers lately... maybe it's time to step up and show what the upcoming contents are going to be released, other wise, I suspect the population will further go down in the coming days =/

Any info as to when it's getting a page on the Game Updates section of the site? With less than two weeks, I was expecting like a lot of things to be shown off already...

Any word on server transfers? I've noticed a drop of populations in the servers lately... maybe it's time to step up and show what the upcoming contents are going to be released, other wise, I suspect the population will further go down in the coming days =/

Really?

You're the same one who complained when things got delayed and changed, and you're now asking for the same info that upset you in the past?

They most likely won't release notes early. They get flak from people like you whenever they do that.

Nice Bruce! Thanks for replying :)

Eh? I'm talking about the game updates page... what are you talking about?

You're talking about them releasing information about it. . .

You've complained about things being delayed, and that they shouldn't announce things that aren't 100% tested and ready to release.

And you're now asking for information. Early. From something that is certainly not 100% tested and ready to release.

Why would they do that? They'll wait until the last possible minute because if the slightest thing is changed or delayed and moved out of Update 2.2, then a bunch of people will throw a fit and have a meltdown on the forum and start a bunch of "BW lied to us!!!!!" threads, lol.

Would be a big help Bruce if you guys checked out this thread on the PTS, perhaps weighed in on some thoughts?

Screenshots provided.

Thanks Bruce!!! great info and fast response. I've been away for a few months and am really looking forward to getting back in the game!

btw - many thanks to eric, Brook, Amber and yourself for all your hard work and feed back. I've been here since beta and you guys are simply awesome. many thanks and keep up the great work!

Why would they do that? They'll wait until the last possible minute because if the slightest thing is changed or delayed and moved out of Update 2.2, then a bunch of people will throw a fit and have a meltdown on the forum and start a bunch of "BW lied to us!!!!!" threads, lol.

LOL... yeah.

They need to add a Jawagram (reusable of course, for obvious reasons) where the Jawa jumps out, falls to the ground and throws a preschooler style hissy_fit/melt_down all over the floor....complete with screaming and gnashing of teeth. The upside being.....It will be collectable..... and it will have a pre-requisite as it is Bind_on_Hissy_Fit. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Well apparently June 11 isn't looking too good like Bruce said. Lol. But I'd rather them get the bugs fixed and delay the release than play with a bunch of bugs that will just piss people off. Either, Bruce, I feel for you. It's kinda like a catch 22. Damned if you, damned if you don't. Love the game, keep up the good work.

Don't forget about your PvP players ;)

Well apparently June 11 isn't looking too good like Bruce said. Lol. But I'd rather them get the bugs fixed and delay the release than play with a bunch of bugs that will just piss people off. Either, Bruce, I feel for you. It's kinda like a catch 22. Damned if you, damned if you don't. Love the game, keep up the good work.

Forget about your PvP players ;)

Agreed. I think it is far more important to work out the kinks than it is to rush it into production. I like the game, a lot, and am glad they are slowing down and doing their best to make it as bug free as possible the first time.

Edited by Superman_AZ

Don't forget about your PvP players ;)

Were there not enough of these posts you had to drag another one back from the dead?