scoundrel and dirty fighting

kobizzle

so, simple enough the question is regarding scoundrels and dirty fighting.

the top tier ability, as well as possibly others in the DF tree, take advantage of dual blasters. with that statement, would it be a waste of dps for a scoundrel to roll DF?

i suppose you could justify it by the play style, as DF scoundrel could get in there and get dirty with a back blast/shoot first where as gunslinger would play more ranged.

is this the appropriate train of thought here or is there more to it?

this will be for pvp, as im not currently impressed with the dmg my scrapper is doing right now in 50 wz's.

thx.

Also remember that (as far as I understand) your offhand scattergun more or less acts as the damage boost that you'd get from equipping an offhand pistol. In a sense, don't expect to be doing any less damage from Dirty Fighting abilities.

The big tradeoff with Dirty Fighting between the two AC's, as I understand it, is the increase of range (full 35m) from Gunslinger versus the stealth abilities from Operative. Operative will have to stay up close still, but has the hit and run capabilities that the Gunslinger doesn't have.

How I play scrapper is stealthing around picking those people below 30% with Shoot First and Fleshette Round.

I can if the timing is right take a turrent in Alderaan solo if it's it protected by a Sentinel.

Warzones aren't just about the damage numbers even if people tend to give MVP to people who get the high dmg.

the top tier ability, as well as possibly others in the DF tree, take advantage of dual blasters. with that statement, would it be a waste of dps for a scoundrel to roll DF?

i suppose you could justify it by the play style, as DF scoundrel could get in there and get dirty with a back blast/shoot first where as gunslinger would play more ranged.

this will be for pvp, as im not currently impressed with the dmg my scrapper is doing right now in 50 wz's.

thx.

It's just the same as the shared talent tree for Guardian/Sentinel - the one tree is used by both so the descriptions have to account for having either one or two weapons depending which you choose to go with. In this case for Smugglers it works fine either way, just Gunslinger or Scoundrel will have a different twist on it due to their unique abilities. Don't get turned off by the wording, DF Scoundrel is a load of fun.

thx.

It's just the same as the shared talent tree for Guardian/Sentinel - the one tree is used by both so the descriptions have to account for having either one or two weapons depending which you choose to go with. In this case for Smugglers it works fine either way, just Gunslinger or Scoundrel will have a different twist on it due to their unique abilities. Don't get turned off by the wording, DF Scoundrel is a load of fun.