Developer Update: Legacy Achievements

CourtneyWoods

Achievements aren't a race. It's something you put time and effort into to get. Some people don't want to do any PVP. If you don't want to PVP, you don't get PVP achievements. If you don't want to roll multiple classes, you miss out on things already such as getting class and presence buffs. Everybody has the same opportunity to earn achievements, if you don't want to do them, it does not make it unfair.

^^ THIS ^^

I have no idea why someone feels "force" to do anything as meaningless as achievements. It is not like BW will reward you with +500 to all stats per achievement like some apparently feel so.

Everything you have in a game is a choice, from space, through heroic missions to PvP. You can do it all, if you are a completionist, or don't if you are not, it is really simple

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Care to comment on the rumor that a lot of the items int he Cartel Market were in fact legacy rewards but you took them out when EA ordered you too make more money?

Personally, I think it is a stupid rumor that has no foundation in any facts. Giving all characters some armor for completing some legacy stuff? That doesn't sound right...

Some of us enjoy to play Just 1 character, and I don't understand why you think its fair that I have to roll 2-3 toons jsut to keep up in the achivement race?

Well if you only play one toon then you've done less then someone who has 8... Naturally you're going to fall behind in achievements. How does that not make sense to you? They want ppl to play the game as much as possible and only playing one toon really limits what you can do so this puts an incentive in to have ppl roll another toon. Are you upset that you don't get to do a legacy force storm since you rolled a trooper and that's all you play? Or that you only have one buff when other ppl have all four? When you hit your weekly lockouts then you may as well only turn the game on for a FP a day and then wait for the weekly reset... of course you're going to fall behind on your legacy achievements...

:eek:

I think this system is great and fills a lot of ppl's needs, a real home run for BW!

for those who like to work for achievements its a perfect fit...

and for those who need to complain about everything, BAM, one more thing to throw on the pile of stuff they don't like and can complain about...

Now I do think that it can and will be refined and tweaked over time and will be improved. Nothing is ever perfect in these games right off the bat. Things are always subject to change in future patches and updates... so for all the people that think its not exactly everything that it could be (me included) just wait.... it will get better over time

So what exactly do I get for completing those achievements? If it's only prestige rating and a title here and there, then it's weak. Not motivating for me.

What more do you want for something you receive in addition to normal gameplay? You get what you always get with any achievement system in any game - bragging rights

What more do you want for something you receive in addition to normal gameplay? You get what you always get with any achievement system in any game - bragging rights

Bragging rights lol, some of us could care less what the other players think. How about +1crit chance to crafting for becoming a master crafter? If there were some real rewards I'd be excited. Right now this is a slight step above the family tree.

Something Doesn’t Add Up!

Players on our Public Test Server (PTS) have noticed that the point totals for each Achievement category don’t necessarily match up with the visible point totals for all Achievements within those categories. You are quite correct! The numbers do not always add up. Maybe there’s something hidden waiting to be discovered…

Probably just a bug, when something is discovered in swtor 90% of the time its's a bug, the other 10% it's an exploit :rolleyes:

i just read somewhere that in achievements was the korrealis speeder and they remove it and they keep the tauntaun pet collection?

at least the korrelais speeders was all fully obtanable while they were in game but cant say the same for taun since 1 was only for the CE owners and another for only those that was in PAX 2012.

beh what can i say, shame on you of course.

Edited by Kissakias

are there any rewards for this like a vendor with special items ? similiar to the CM-Rep vendor ?

Nope. Just 700 CCs.

It's going to be a good recruitment tool though. Find someone who's achievements show them as having done Ops Progression? Send them the link to your guild site application form.

Nope. Just 700 CCs.

It's going to be a good recruitment tool though. Find someone who's achievements show them as having done Ops Progression? Send them the link to your guild site application form.

yeah why put items to achieve through playing the game when you can get them for just paying $$$.

the game gets worse more and more.

How is this going to work with legacies being combined with APAC servers being moved to US servers? Are the achievements going to be added together or just the highest ones? E.g. if I have 100 nerf kills on one server and 200 on the other will I have 200 or 300 kills if the legacy is merged? Edited by mrpayday

maybe someone can help me?

I have opened that Achievements tab yesterday and I saw i have mostly like 1% or planetary "achievements" (whatever it means).

Point is that I have explored them ALL to the furthest corner and opened all maps.

Why this counts a 1 %??

Useless, until the codex is fixed. The codex is broken since release... why didn't BioWare fix it with the release of this new feature? It's about time! Now we have just another broken feature, that maybe never fixed, so we can never complete all achievements...

Nice job!

Edited by discbox

I have noticed a few buggy issues with the Achievements. The two that I have noticed personally is that I have not been credited with 8 man HM and SM Jarg and Sorno (have SM codex on empire toon and the HM codes on Pub toon). The other one is under Legacy > Possessions > Weapons that states to obtain the Cathar honor sword, and a specific dual edge sword and techblade. My marauder is dual wielding the Cathar honor swords presently.

Anyone know if these are know issues or is it just me?

I have noticed a few buggy issues with the Achievements. The two that I have noticed personally is that I have not been credited with 8 man HM and SM Jarg and Sorno (have SM codex on empire toon and the HM codes on Pub toon). The other one is under Legacy > Possessions > Weapons that states to obtain the Cathar honor sword, and a specific dual edge sword and techblade. My marauder is dual wielding the Cathar honor swords presently.

Anyone know if these are know issues or is it just me?

Oh, the Cathar one has a work around (unequip the sword then log out). I had the same problem with my Containment Officer gear but just unequipped it all.