About fn had it with these drop tables

Hi there,

I'm currently one out of 4000 people to whome the following (statistically) applies:

24 hard mode flashpoints in a row without a single trooper token from the endboss. This includes three complete Kaon runs, hence a total of 27 item tokens. Bad luck? Maybe, but this translates to a chance of 0.04%.

Wrote a ticket about it today and being curious if there will be any response. Heck, I looted more tokens for other classes (with greed) than trooper tokens because my teammates didn't need them anymore. Needless to say im p|$$ed.

Seems like the rng is seeded based on something in the group.

Running with the same 4-man hm group every day for the past three weeks, here are our drops :

Maelstrom Prison : Jedi Councilor Boots

Battle of Ilum : Commando Off-hand

False Emperor : Smuggler chest

Rise of the Rakghouls : Jedi Knight head (bonus boss), Jedi Councilor head (final boss)

False Emp we've run about a dozen times, and only twice did we not see the smuggler chest (both times it was the commando one). Maelstrom Prison we've run three times, Battle of Ilum we've run three times, Rise we've run twice (but saw identical loot off of both bosses).

Random is random? Probabilities for these strings assuming uniform distribution on the four tokens...

Maelstrom Prison : 3 runs, probability of all three being the same is 1/16

Battle of Ilum : 3 runs, probability of all three being the same 1/16

False Emperor : 12 runs, 10 out of 12 were the same, probability is 0.00015 ("high" estimate, 4 * bindist(0.25, 12, 10) -- does not account for two failures being the same)

Rise of the Rakghouls : 2 runs with 2 drops each, probability is 1/16

Based on other threads on this subject, it seems like going with different groups will give you different drops, so it might be something silly like the rng used for loot drops is being seeded with something static in the group.

Apparently you didn't read the post, or any following. The point is that it doesn't seem random. It seems like only certain items are dropping, to the complete exclusion of other items.. and it seems like the group makeup is a possible determining factor.

But WHY random loot?

Why not make a loot table that reads the base classes in the actual op and drops gear they can use?

*** is the point of dropping wis robes in a group of a Jugg, 2 BH, and a healspec IA?

You know ... maybe you should become a game developer ... you have such good ideas.

/sarcasm off

Seriously ... if you don't know the answer to that question let me give you a clue: Google

Yea ... that's right ... go educate yourself on the topic. There are very real and valid reasons for why ALL the game developers do random drops off a loot list.

/beat moar dead horses

Edited by dchero

Wow, you want gear to drop based on the party and then you'll be here a week later, crying about having nothing to do on your gear capped toon.

I ran troll dungeons at least 5x a day for 3 weeks to finally get a full set of the daggers on my rogue. I capped out on points so many times, I was randomly giving away BoE epics if I didn't feel like shouting for sales.

What a joke, random numbers are there for a reason. You win some, You lose some. And when you finally get the item(s) you are after, it feels so worth it.

I am having this same issue gearing up my Juggernaut. All the heroics I have ran over the past 2 weeks have dropped nothing but Bounty Hunter and Inquisitor gear. With the odd agent belt from Black Talon. Only once, did Juggernaut gear drop, and that was the bracer token from Black talon as well.

I can accept that gear is not always going to drop for me, but when it is the same exact items 98% of the time, it is beginning to feel like the loot table is broken.

Gotta love the topics where you can tell that the OP and half the posters have never played an MMO before.

Seriously if a boss gave you the loot you wanted every time you ran a fp or op, what on earth would be the point for you to keep playing?

It can be frustrating, RNG can be your best friend or worst enemy.

Anyone who was a raider in wow can tell you how frustrating loot tokens were.

Always Hunter Shammy Warrior tokens....never any pally/priest/lock/dk tokens to go to the half of the raid that could use them XD

Edited by LadyAzurith

5 HM FP. Every single drop, BH ****. Except one, something drop some ****** warrior gear. But guess what................... THERE IS NO *********** BOUNTY HUNTER IN THE GROUP.

****... BW if you wanted me to roll a BH why don't you just send an email instead of making boss drop hints.

haha had the same phenmenom every single raid, but instead of bh loot we haven't had a single boss yet that haven't dropped one peice for troopers!!!!

New motto: Trooper ruins lootz

Im at the point now where i wont run HMs with my marauder, i am sick and tired of getting operative/BH gear. Havent had a drop in over a week, i got one on patch day when we did KoS and i got the columni helm but thats it apart from that. Sick of it. I wouldnt even care, but NOBODY got anything they wanted/needed/could use. making it a waste for everyone.

I dont mind if someone gets something, thats great hey atleast it wasnt a total loss, our guild is slowly gearing up, but this crap? literally strikes me as pointless. Bored of farming HM's just to be back at the start point with no loot and a repair bill. Its not fun, its just infuriating.

Except their RNG system for HM flashpoint loot is NOT random, if you run with the same 3 friends in your group, it'll be the same loot dropping. It seems they seed the loot generation based off your group somehow.

Unfortunately the only advice I can give the OP, is to start running the flashpoint with different people than your usual group (it should only take one new person to switch the loot drops).

Except their RNG system for HM flashpoint loot is NOT random, if you run with the same 3 friends in your group, it'll be the same loot dropping. It seems they seed the loot generation based off your group somehow.

Unfortunately the only advice I can give the OP, is to start running the flashpoint with different people than your usual group (it should only take one new person to switch the loot drops).

Even 1 person swapped is a crapshoot for us. Not until 2 new members are in the group do we see significant variation from our standard loot.

5 HM FP. Every single drop, BH ****. Except one, something drop some ****** warrior gear. But guess what................... THERE IS NO *********** BOUNTY HUNTER IN THE GROUP.

****... BW if you wanted me to roll a BH why don't you just send an email instead of making boss drop hints.

If the BH gear that dropped was modable and you choose not to get it thats your falt not the games, if armor is modable you can get any piece of loot REGARDLESS of stats and make it your classes stats.

If the BH gear that dropped was modable and you choose not to get it thats your falt not the games, if armor is modable you can get any piece of loot REGARDLESS of stats and make it your classes stats.

Why would i take culi BH gear that has BH stats like aim and put it in my IA gear. You can't pull armor mods and i can't wear Heavy armor to begin with.

Edited by ihiTimdogg