Penetrating Blasts Animation Revert BACK to Series of Shots Animation [devs plz read]

Because its still broke and has been ever since they changed the animation for no good reason. its been 3+ years. devs fix this crap already revert it back to series of shots animation it was working perfectly fine back then until you changed the animation.

the issue: series of shots fires 4 rounds, successfully, 100% of the time, for virulence and engineering spec.

BUT! Marksmanship: penetrating blasts fires 4 rounds (suppose to be 5 rounds) something like 70% of the time but after a sniper volley ability will usually fire the designed 5 rounds.. but its buggy at best and this is very frequent in pvp.

If you revert the animation back to series of shots for marksmanship you will fix the problem you created years ago. a broken animation that doesnt work right or even aim properly when people move to your side or back if you are facing forward. its a crappy animation and any marksmanship sniper that pvps knows the penetrating blasts animation is CRAP and broken. the series of shots animation it had for a short time when the 5 round improvement was implemented was FAR SUPERIOR than the new animation penetrating blasts has now for marksmanship sniper, AND WOULDNT BUG OUT and FIRE 4 rounds over 5 70+% of the time!

tldr:

devs revert penetrating blasts animation back to series of shots animation to fix a terrible bug.

thank you.

proof its bugged

pvp vid

pve vid

Edited by NeoNSoNicXJR

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Is it a DPS loss? Or just an animation thing. If it's a loss then that's super serious, if not then it's annoying but w/e.

Both, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Devs need to just fix this already since its been busted for years and ppl would try and troll it to keep it broken forever.

Both, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Devs need to just fix this already since its been busted for years and ppl would try and troll it to keep it broken forever.

It's never a DPS loss. There is no parse that is missing shots from Penetrating Blasts. If you don't get the last tick of damage, you are interrupting the cast with something.

Edited by Equeliber

Because its still broke and has been ever since they changed the animation for no good reason. its been 3+ years. devs fix this crap already revert it back to series of shots animation it was working perfectly fine back then until you changed the animation.

the issue: series of shots fires 4 rounds, successfully, 100% of the time, for virulence and engineering spec.

BUT! Marksmanship: penetrating blasts fires 4 rounds (suppose to be 5 rounds) something like 70% of the time but after a sniper volley ability will usually fire the designed 5 rounds.. but its buggy at best and this is very frequent in pvp.

If you revert the animation back to series of shots for marksmanship you will fix the problem you created years ago. a broken animation that doesnt work right or even aim properly when people move to your side or back if you are facing forward. its a crappy animation and any marksmanship sniper that pvps knows the penetrating blasts animation is CRAP and broken. the series of shots animation it had for a short time when the 5 round improvement was implemented was FAR SUPERIOR than the new animation penetrating blasts has now for marksmanship sniper, AND WOULDNT BUG OUT and FIRE 4 rounds over 5 70+% of the time!

tldr:

devs revert penetrating blasts animation back to series of shots animation to fix a terrible bug.

thank you.

proof its bugged

pvp vid

pve vid

Uh... wrong. Penetrating Rounds works as advertised in PVP or PVE.

Uh... wrong. Penetrating Rounds works as advertised in PVP or PVE.

No it doesn't! The videos are proof! it sporadically fires 4 - 5 rounds instead of 100% 5 rounds every time! It has been bugged like this for years now. The developers of the game need to fix this ridiculously cheesy bug they introduced into the game ever since they changed the animation for penetrating blasts from series of shots back in 2014.

Please people don't spam my thread saying it's working as intended when the videos are proof it is not. This thread is SOLEY for the developers to see this bug needs to be fixed for snipers as it is not present on gunslinger.

There are far more constructive things for you guys to be doing then coming in this thread saying it's working when I just got out of a game of huttball and the Penetrating Blasts rounds still sporadically fire 4 - 5 rounds instead of the intended 5 rounds 10/10 times.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah because this totally wouldn't have the PVE crowd screaming about it if it was real.

Enable combat logging.

Make a note of when you believe you've seen a 4 shot penetrating blasts.

Upload the combat log to parsely and link it here.

Unlike watching a screen and looking at flytext numbers which ARE NOT a proper display of whats going on the combat log will write the actual events.

Posting more videos is worthless because flytext numbers are worthless. It likes to merge hits together into one number every now and again.

Yeah because this totally wouldn't have the PVE crowd screaming about it if it was real.

Enable combat logging.

Unlike watching a screen and looking at flytext numbers which ARE NOT a proper display of whats going on the combat log will write the actual events.

Posting more videos is worthless because flytext numbers are worthless. It likes to merge hits together into one number every now and again.

Its not a Combat Log of the damage its the actual animation that is being performed by penetrating blasts sometimes it bugs out and hiccups and fires 2 rounds close together and the last 2 - 3 rounds are fine sometimes it bugs and only fires 4 rounds, sometimes it bugs and fires 4 rounds then you crouch without doing the reload animation its buggy at best and should be fixed or put back to series of shots animation. This has been an issue since 2014 when they changed the animation in the first place. ive bugged it numerous times since then not a single dev has said a word about this problem. Also, sometimes your character doesn't aim at the target u just fire infront of you and the target can be off to your side and your bullets will just shoot out the side of your weapon when doing the penetrating blasts animation. this animation BLOWS series of shots animation was and is FAR SUPERIOR to it. they should change it back.

Also, why dont you post a video of you doing penetrating blasts so u can see it bugs out. i already posted mine and u will see it doin it in there which is the problem. its not the damage its the animation doesnt display the damage correctly and if it does its only about 60% of the time because its a terrible animation. Also its even more noticeable when u have alot of alacrity like 20% especially. just shows even more how unprofessional that animation is since it cant handle speed.

Again, its the ANIMATION of the move not the damage thats being performed.

Edited by NeoNSoNicXJR

Right, that clears up this thread then. You seem finally in agreement it is only a visual issue because previously you were saying it was a damage issue.

Is it a DPS loss? Or just an animation thing. If it's a loss then that's super serious, if not then it's annoying but w/e.

Edited by Gyronamics

Also since that guy is still trolling if you watch the pvp video you can clearly see it fires 4 rounds and give a followthrough instead of 5 rounds 100% of the time and give a followthrough every time like how it would with series of shots before they changed the animation back in 2014.

You bumped this to say it's not a visual bug which is a lie that is easily proved by looking at the combat log as I explained.

And you say I'm trolling :rolleyes:

38 seconds into the pvp video you can see the penetrating blasts fire 4 rounds instead of the intended 5 rounds and give a followthrough after using a sniper volley.

thanks for stopping by.

38 seconds into the pvp video you can see the penetrating blasts fire 4 rounds instead of the intended 5 rounds and give a followthrough after using a sniper volley.

thanks for stopping by.

I see you read nothing of what I wrote.

I'll post it again.

Enable combat logging.

Do you know what the following are?

Combat log

Flytext

Because it sounds like you don't seeing as you're repeating things I explained with those terms.

I see you read nothing of what I wrote.

I'll post it again.

Do you know what the following are?

Combat log

Flytext

Because it sounds like you don't seeing as you're repeating things I explained with those terms.

This isnt your thread, I posted videos for proof, I dont need to post nothing more when u can clearly see the bugs and illustrated in the first post.

after the first post some ppl immedietely missed the point but im actually playing a sniper in real time in PVP and PVE not conducting tests when you can clearly see the bugs in real time when playing the game your tests are not needed.

again

thanks for stopping by.

Lets see a video with your sniper running around bugging up until then you can't talk :p

You don't seem to understand what Gyronamics is saying.

He is trying to distinguish between visual and combat damage bugs. Of course, ideally, either of them would be fixed when possible but if this is a visual bug (which it is), it does not impact your combat effectiveness and has lower priority.

If it was a damage bug, making it so you actually don't do damage to your target on 5th hit, then it would be a game-breaking bug with a much higher priority.

As it is just an animation bug, and the actual damage is still getting delivered, it's not a game-breaking bug, it's just annoying. If you have submitted an in-game report along this forum post, that's all you can do. Devs might fix it when they can. But considering there are many actual combat bugs in the game right now, they should be a priority, not this.

I have experienced what you said myself, especially under high alacrity, I sometimes have a 5-shot animation, and sometimes only 4-shot. But in no case I had only 4 hits in combat log. It always deals damage 5 times, even when you get only a 4-shot animation.

Edited by Equeliber

You don't seem to understand what Gyronamics is saying.

He is trying to distinguish between visual and combat damage bugs. Of course, ideally, either of them would be fixed when possible but if this is a visual bug (which it is), it does not impact your combat effectiveness and has lower priority.

If it was a damage bug, making it so you actually don't do damage to your target on 5th hit, then it would be a game-breaking bug with a much higher priority.

As it is just an animation bug, and the actual damage is still getting delivered, it's not a game-breaking bug, it's just annoying. If you have submitted an in-game report along this forum post, that's all you can do. Devs might fix it when they can. But considering there are many actual combat bugs in the game right now, they should be a priority, not this.

I have experienced what you said myself, especially under high alacrity, I sometimes have a 5-shot animation, and sometimes only 4-shot. But in no case I had only 4 hits in combat log. It always deals damage 5 times, even when you get only a 4-shot animation.

Fair enough on your post since u actually confirmed with me it is indeed a bug, however on their part they need to go alongside us and help get this bug fixed or not even post in this thread, which is my point.

They are free to conduct their tests on this matter as it is a free country and I did already post videos confirming my side that it is indeed a bug and has been for a very long time if they can do tests that further exemplify the aspect of this bug that would help the overall cause of this problem being fixed as its been around since 2014.