Ranked PvP

MelliMelon

And the fact of the matter is out of all of these guilds only 4 would actually stick around after losing. Ascension, ITK, infamous, and Retaliation. That is why Ranked PVP fails on this server. Not because of macros or exploiters. Deny this fact all you want. All I see is one person admitting to macros and everyone jumping on his *** citing that This is the SOLE REASON why ranked failed on this server.

Spot freaking on bud.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With transfers here, I'd like to say,

. Had a lot of good times here, like to thank everyone for working with me to help ranked on this server. We had some good times.

I'm leaving Melyn on this server and would love to see ranked continue (though I will not be actively pursuing/organizing it). If anyone needs a node guard or a scoundrel healer, feel free to contact me. The best way is probably through my stream, which I will continue to stream ranked and regs on a nightly basis, more so as we move to the Bastion. I think it'd be fun if everyone kept it touch, and if you find yourself on the Bastion, say hello to us.

If I tell my mommy and daddy they will call BIoware and send you to the time out corner mister! You just wait!?!??!?!?!??!?. And by the way I am the King of Korriban. Shesh get your facts straight.

Anyway. (joking aside)

A terrible PVP environment comes from the fact that we play on an RP-PVE server. You are more likely to run into people with less gear or people who will literally RP in PVP. I've seen it. Ranked on this server isn't on life support because a guild used respec macros which no one basically knew about for the longest time. It is on life support because people aren't committed to ranked. They aren't committed to losing before winning. You cannot enter ranked pvp and expect to win from day 1. That isn't possible unless the teams queueing for ranked are really THAT bad.

When Melyn was in Ascension this was the ranked Scene.

GD vs. Ascension (most of the night)

Dark Jedi Order (Intraguild Farming Ranked)

Infamous (1-2 queues a night)

Once Melyn left it became.

Ascension, GD, ITK, Infamous, Retaliation, and a few other small guilds participating for 1-2 matches then calling it quits.

And the fact of the matter is out of all of these guilds only 4 would actually stick around after losing. Ascension, ITK, infamous, and Retaliation. That is why Ranked PVP fails on this server. Not because of macros or exploiters. Deny this fact all you want. All I see is one person admitting to macros and everyone jumping on his *** citing that This is the SOLE REASON why ranked failed on this server. Not server population, not that we are on a RP-PVE server, not that people are so thin skinned that they can't tolerate losing, not that this server is losing its PVP'ers to other games like WoW, GW2, ect. No no, those reasons aren't valid. No its because 1 guild used macros. That must be it!

Again. Grow up. If you are going to call him out. Do it properly. And if you are going to argue with me. Sort out your made up facts from your actual facts.

Btw care to explain to me what lag hacks are? I have yet to figure that one out.

lag hacks are when ppl use switches to lag out areas in the game i havent seen one used in some time. most ppl confuse it from server lag and internet lag in general

Lol @ Respec Macros "Killing" Ranked. Until 2.0 Only GD and ASB were q'ing for ranked for like, Months... Post 2.0 had more ranked teams then ever before on this server.

How dare you use logic and facts.

Lol @ Respec Macros "Killing" Ranked. Until 2.0 Only GD and ASB were q'ing for ranked for like, Months... Post 2.0 had more ranked teams then ever before on this server.

Obviously you weren't here when ranked first came out. Thats when most teams queued for pretty much the entire summer. :rolleyes:

Obviously you weren't here when ranked first came out. Thats when most teams queued for pretty much the entire summer. :rolleyes:

What ever you say Al. We all know you scored 5 touchdowns in 1 game, so many moons ago.

Had some fun ranked kickball tonight. Thanks all for participating :).

Yeah I had a good time playing kick ball with a bunch of players I never played with before. I must have been with a different group because I don't recall seeing you there. How's the Bastion treating you? :)

Yeah I had a good time playing kick ball with a bunch of players I never played with before. I must have been with a different group because I don't recall seeing you there. How's the Bastion treating you? :)

I only made it for the last three games, around 12:30AM. Bastion's a lot of fun, doing ranked every night against multiple teams, it's what we've been dreaming of. Competition's great right now, too. I think we went 1 - 5 the first night and 4 - 2 the second, so we have a lot of room for improvement, which is amazing. (not to mention having 60-100+ people in warzones at any given time, so the normal queue times are much quicker).

I only wish it weren't so freaking expensive to transfer.

So just a thought, now that we are past the 2.whatever/ server transfer shouldn't we start a life after the departure? Kinda feeling like its time to retire this thread and start a new one for Ranked PVP on BC. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed playing against and with some excelent players who's goals have carried them on, they will be missed and not forgoten.

That being said its time to start rebuilding. I have seen increased fleet numbers over the last week and that is promissing. As far as I know Infamous is still here, Ascension is still here, and GD is still here thats a solid core group that has always been active, I would hope for a forum that others could throw their hat in the ring and add to that. I have heard there are a few APAC transfer guilds that can field teams and there are smaller guilds like Notorious and others, who are willing to put together Kickball teams and throw themselves in the mix. there are possibilities. we may never boast 20 teams.. but we can keep Ranked on BC.

Ok Im done with my little rant :o well see ya in the WZ's

• 6 months later...
Hey anyone wanna que for some 8v8 this weekend? Preferably 6-10 pm GMT, I'll be getting a team together so if peeps are down let me know!!! Hopefully get some good matches in :D

If by 8v8s you mean 4v4s I can get a team together :p

I miss 8s :(

Hey anyone wanna que for some 8v8 this weekend? Preferably 6-10 pm GMT, I'll be getting a team together so if peeps are down let me know!!! Hopefully get some good matches in :D

If you mean 4v4's I can probably get a team of us scrubs together :) could be a lot of fun. Try to coordinate with me in game and I'll let you know!

Regards,

Bethanie

You may not know who I am Ram-Ram, BUT I would love to partake in your PeeVeePee matches this weekend, count this loser Sentinel in! (IF there's room)

Edited by Helicasehobo
Addition*

i was super stoked that you guys are down! But I stabbed my hand last night and wont be able to get a group together. Maybe next weekend if my hand isn't badly damaged.

Sorry :(

You may not know who I am Ram-Ram, BUT I would love to partake in your PeeVeePee matches this weekend, count this loser Sentinel in! (IF there's room)

Peee Veee Peeee xD

Edited by Bellumpvp

i was super stoked that you guys are down! But I stabbed my hand last night and wont be able to get a group together. Maybe next weekend if my hand isn't badly damaged.

Peee Veee Peeee xD

O.O Hope your hand is alright. Next week it is! *Marks on calendar*

I think they'll do just fine without you bbeboi... I have a hard time believing Infamous can't get a 4 man together on a Saturday.. :o

I think they'll do just fine without you bbeboi... I have a hard time believing Infamous can't get a 4 man together on a Saturday.. :o

Bbeboi really? Enlighten me with your experience on Pot5 that made you transfer back to BC. Is your behind sore from getting rolled in 4s? Did the reality hit you that you weren't cut out for the big leagues?

Oh let me guess Neo and Myrm left you :( ...awww poor bbeboi