How is the population on this server now?

Griftter

It has definitely increased pop, especially during prime hours. There are still slow times, or at least what appears to be slow on fleet, but there are still many online throughout the planets and opposite faction. Can't always judge the server pop by fleet alone.

There's Ranked Warzone nights for those, and normal ques are never more than a few minutes wait. I don't know how FP's are popping, but I'd assume they are popping more frequently now, seeing as F2P players can que for an unlimited amount of them.

To say F2P increased our numbers is accurate, but we are still lower in the population level than some other servers. Dromund Kaas holds around 100-150 people at peak times. Usually more than the Fleet. Hoth even had 45 people the other day. So, yes, the server has grown some.

The way BW rates the population on this server is strange. I play on two servers, this one and The Bastion. Yesterday, both showed a status of Heavy pop. I logged into Jung Ma on both my Pub and Imp. Showed one instance each of 130+ on Imp Fleet and 110+ on Pub Fleet.

Cycled through my toons for crafting and switched servers. The Bastion had two instances for Pub Fleet with 90+ in the second and two instances on Imp Fleet as well with 200+ in the second.

Now I know taking a survey of Fleet isn't the be-all-end-all of server pop, but I think it's a pretty solid general indicator of how the pop is doing. Not trying to hate or anything on our server pop, it's just something I observed yesterday. BW is rating the population densities for the servers the same, but clearly, the pops aren't anywhere near comparable to each other. Sort of odd.

I honestly think that Fleet populations do not mean as much as people think they do in determining what "status" a server is. Dromund Kaas regularly has 100+ people on it at prime time (after F2P hit), even when the Fleet has 90 or so. And that's one of the planets.

Server status would come from EVERYTHING in the server. Planets (both Imp and Pub), Fleet, Space (Missions), People sitting in their starships, People in Warzones and Flashpoints, People in Raids, and so on.

So to base a servers health just by sitting on the fleet and not looking around is not the best way to do it. Its like looking at the very first paragraph of a book. You only get a small sample of what is really going on.

I honestly think that Fleet populations do not mean as much as people think they do in determining what "status" a server is. Dromund Kaas regularly has 100+ people on it at prime time (after F2P hit), even when the Fleet has 90 or so. And that's one of the planets.

Server status would come from EVERYTHING in the server. Planets (both Imp and Pub), Fleet, Space (Missions), People sitting in their starships, People in Warzones and Flashpoints, People in Raids, and so on.

So to base a servers health just by sitting on the fleet and not looking around is not the best way to do it. Its like looking at the very first paragraph of a book. You only get a small sample of what is really going on.

Agreed. However, DK and Coruscant are packed on The Bastion as well, each with well over 100 peeps pretty much at all times. So comparatively, I think Fleet is still a decent general indicator. For Fleet to not be a good general indicator, Jung Ma would have to have peeps piled up in a unique planet/zone that is strange or out of the ordinary. I don't think this is the case.

I just think Jung Ma's overall population cap is set lower for some reason and that the Light - Standard - Heavy indications are based on a percentage of the population relative to the set pop cap. But who knows. Just strange to see the difference. Saw it again last night.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Could be that Jung Ma is reaching the "minimum" limit for a Heavy indication, while The Bastion is well into the status. That's more likely in my opinion.

So if 100 players is what a server needs to be "Heavy" then Jung Ma would have 100 and the Bastion would have 150. Just little numbers for ease of understanding the comparison :).

I'm pretty sure the minimum number for a "Standard" population is around 1k, and the top is around 2k+ before it's called "Heavy". I imagine "Heavy" works pretty similar. In fact I seem to recall a thread somewhere on the forums detailing the exact numbers for all server status possibilities, but I believe there's a fairly decent disparity.

The server status page has been useless for awhile. The numbers seem to be relative to their normal rates or something.

And yeah, fleet numbers have also temporarily stopped being a good barometer. For the last couple weeks fleet has been slightly heavier than usual but Tython, Ord Mantell and Coruscant have each had bigger pops than fleet by a hefty amount.

Obviously it's way too early to judge the impact on level 50 content especially things like rwzs.

I leveled a Trooper with the f2pers and was still dealing with 3 hour gf qs during weekends but I think I quickly outleveled most of them and am not sure that most knew about gf.

The server is doing better in terms of general population, but it remains poor in the areas of:

• Group Finder - Queuing for HM Flashpoints or even sub-50 Flashpoints will still result in long queue times unless you're a healer or have a healer/tank combo.
  • Warzones - Non-ranked warzones pop frequently, sure, but haven't you noticed it is really the same people driving this during prime time each night? And it's not a big pool of people, either.
  • Ranked Warzones - If not for the scheduled nights we have, this may not exist. And even then, who shows up outside of the 3-4 same guilds on the Republic side when they do show up?

So yes, F2P has increased our population some. Also, some old subscribers are back to partake in the new content and it seems everyone has created a character on the opposite faction to get high enough level for the HK quest (reason there are so many on Drommund Kaas and Coruscant). But as far as level 50 "end-game" content goes, things really haven't changed.

It has definitely increased pop, especially during prime hours. There are still slow times, or at least what appears to be slow on fleet, but there are still many online throughout the planets and opposite faction. Can't always judge the server pop by fleet alone.

Im a west coaster, so about the time the Imp fleet and qued PvP dies off, I go to do an hour of questing before logging for the night. Just a night or two ago: Imperial Fleet - 45 players, Nar Shadda - 60 or 80. It is impressive.

Edited by Babullon

Well I came back to Jung Ma at least in the short term because all my characters were transferred here. Been playing around the last couple of nights. The server must have been really, really low pop before if the numbers now are "impressive".

Also are the pubs just really bad in WZ's here? Out of the 20 so odd matches I have played I think the pubs have won 2.

What bracket? Level 50 I have good nights and bad on rep side - last week I got my weekly done with only one loss (all pug). Early today there was a guild or two that was hitting us hard but they seemed to be done early and I got more wins than losses.

Again - fleet numbers are not "good" right now but they are better than they were. The thing that's impressive is that Tython still has over 100 ppl in it right now (I didn't check Ord Mantell or Coruscant today but I'm assuming those numbers are still up there as well): that's a lot of new blood.

Hey all, great feedback regarding the server pop, however how is the GTN stock in relation to the server pop? I am thinking of rolling a healer on Jung-Ma as I do enjoy the RP aspect, however I also frequent the GTN to keep up on the latest gear, sell mats, etc. Would I be able to find lower level items on the GTN as I level? Would I have much luck selling gathered mats? Edited by inknform

Hey all, great feedback regarding the server pop, however how is the GTN stock in relation to the server pop? I am thinking of rolling a healer on Jung-Ma as I do enjoy the RP aspect, however I also frequent the GTN to keep up on the latest gear, sell mats, etc. Would I be able to find lower level items on the GTN as I level? Would I have much luck selling gathered mats?

The GTN is pretty well stocked, I mean I've never had trouble finding anything I needed on my way to level 50.