Hardmode Enrage Timers

I don't quite know if theres been a thread like this posted or not but I was just curious, is it just me who feels like the enrage timers on some of the bosses is a little bit ridiculous? I mean it may just be me but I just feel like they're a bit too soon. Prime example is Yadira Ban on Hardmode BT

Yes, it has already been posted, repeatedly. And you're both wrong and right. The enrage timers in BT are not unreasonable at all if you are properly geared and have a good deal of experience with your class. However it's sorta unreasonable of Bioware to expect people to already know the game very well, especially with their lack of combat log etc.

To be honest I'm really happy about the fact that hard modes are a challenge. Don't get me wrong nothing should be impossible, but I would be damned dissapointed if everyone and their grandmothers would clear everything the first days of 50.

Now I'm not saying it's impossible since I have done it myself, but I have years of experience from playng MMOs, and playing classes being very similar to the one I play in SW:TOR. This along side having a tight group of people that played together for years.

To sum it up, don't lose heart because you may not have beaten it all yet. Take some time, get the gear from the normal Ilum instances, get some craft gear and make sure you perfect your play. And even better try to get a group of people to play together with alot so you know eachothers playstyle. Trust me this helps a LOAD.

Not sure if serious?

Today we went with a few friends and decided let's go try hard modes as lvl 50 normal flashpoints are useless in therms of gearing up. (better gear from quests / ilum-belsavis dailies / pvp)

We manhandled everything but the last boss of foundry who mysteriously killed us all repeatedly at around the 37% hp mark. We then found out the fight is bugged and should never have been released in it's current state so technically it isn't our fail. We decided not to waste time and skipped that one.

None of us were ''geared'' by any means other than the bits and pieces we grabbed from questing and pvp.

If anything hard modes are currently way undertuned and needs buffing and/or more complex mechanics... We did not know any tactics and just went on with it, turns out we whiped a couple times on boarding party's final boss then adjusted our strategy and killed it aswell, to be honest we were relieved to die as finally one boss requiered us to think a little and adjust rather than just pew pew.

My 2 cents.

edit: forgot to mention it was a pug group from people we met there and there during last few days and we did not have any sort of voice chat. Wich technically a group of friends who played togheter for a while and with access to voice chat would turn every single hm but foundry last boss (due to bug) into a complete loot pinata.

Edited by OfflineSys

Revan can be beat with enough DPS to push him into his rock throwing phase from the lightning channel. BT is a faceroll amongst facerolls. I agree with previous poster that we'd like to see a few more mechanics and not just hinder everything on gear checks, but I'd imagine that they had a lot on their plate for launch, and tweaking mechanics might have been too much to do based on launching at the same time. Here's looking at the next round of encounters and expecting more.

As far as the OP goes...Learn your rotations, manage your heat/energy/rage/mana, do your dailies to get somewhat geared, and the encounters shouldn't pose any problems. FOR SURE not black talon heh.