Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Yeah. My guess is the reset.. but with the patch moved who knows really. Be nice if they could give us some more frikin details & tell us what is going on.

Fiver that if this where a US server there would be 6 hourly updates in the final 24 hours. We've had nothing for days.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say if they merge us with US servers i wont be paying nor playing anymore for this game. I was willing to remain a subscrber after F2P but im not going to pay for a laggy MMO that constantly drops out (which is what used to happen to me before APAC servers were introduced).

I'm all for merging the PVE/PVP servers together and just having an RP and PVE server if that will help population but to be honest im on the PVE which is Dalborra i think and i see no population problems. I'm always able to get a group thanks to group finder and i play with a guild so theres usualy someone on to play with.

Its a done deal for the most part. They are deleting the APAC servers and merging us to the US west coast servers. What we don't know is when, though many people are holding to the belief that it will be within the next couple of hours, and we don't know how.

I'd just like to say if they merge us with US servers i wont be paying nor playing anymore for this game. I was willing to remain a subscrber after F2P but im not going to pay for a laggy MMO that constantly drops out (which is what used to happen to me before APAC servers were introduced).

I'm all for merging the PVE/PVP servers together and just having an RP and PVE server if that will help population but to be honest im on the PVE which is Dalborra i think and i see no population problems. I'm always able to get a group thanks to group finder and i play with a guild so theres usualy someone on to play with.

Dude seriously you need to stop bashing your head against this wall. They have stated that the APAC server are getting closed. The most likely reason for their decision is that there isn't enough subs to make a profit after running servers in Australia (which probably is the most expensive place in the western world to host servers in). So either get on the bandwagon or stop playing.

Simple.

Its a done deal for the most part. They are deleting the APAC servers and merging us to the US west coast servers. What we don't know is when, though many people are holding to the belief that it will be within the next couple of hours, and we don't know how.

I guess you are like me on this. I expect it to be tomorrow for us. It's not like waiting one more day is going to be a bother. I mean look how long we waited for any action?

Check your facts yo. We aren't being moved to any server. We have the choice to pick which server to transfer to. Follow the devs and follow what is actually happening before you stary flapping your gums.

'Yo dude' it stands as this, you will have a choice to transfer to any server you wish. After an undetermined time, if you don't decide, each APAC server will be merged with an existing US server. PVE to Harbinger RP to Begeren Colony and no idea where PVP is being shoved. This is the story.

I follow Devs and I have followed whats happening from the beginning.

Who types with their gums I mean honestly

BIoware it tuesday 4th of june the day you said you would give us transfers im sick of the lack of info on this merge you guys jerked us around for almost a year now and now you give some details of a merge but most people are still left in the dark

its the day you guys said you would give us transfers are you guys that stupid not to tell us wednesday OUR TIME

So, I went to transfer my character knowing that 10pm east Australian Time is roughly when it should be able to happen and I got this

The character transfer service is currently unavailable.

Please check back later.

Have questions? See the Character Transfer FAQ for more details.

So I had a few questions and went to the FAQ... to my surprise it was almost 12 months out of date and there really is no other information on the SW:TOR web site. I am a calm and rational person and know that Eric will get back to me in a professional manor with lip service and buckets of ******** about how they sympathize with the APAC community and how they are working to get this sorted. Well I am not impressed with the lack of information and follow through with this.

To be honest it is poor form by a massive international company. I have now voted with my wallet and declined to pay monthly for this game... yes I will continue to play for free because I do enjoy it how ever this is until something else interests me. Thank you Eric for allowing me to spend an additional $15 a month on horrible coffee from McDonalds...

Guys, I get everyone's frustrations and believe me I share them, but did anyone really think when they posted a date and time that they had actually thought about our time zone?

These are the people who have scheduled maintenance in our peak gaming times since the game began. And stopped even bothering to give APAC time zones when telling us maintenance times.

OF COURSE they meant US times and dates. Those that expected better need to work on their optimism, ok? The glass is not half full, the glass is American.

The glass is not half full, the glass is American.

I'm sick of being stuck with an American glass. It's long past the time when they need to get out of their little bubble and realise that they don't run the world.. just the gaming servers.

The lack of information they've provided us with is pretty terrible. Not everyone uses the forums; and the only 'official' announcement this has had is a couple of poorly worded posts which still sound as if the person writing them is torn between two decisions. You would think that an announcement in System Alerts, the news or even on the home page alerting these players on Dalborra about what's happening. Almost as if Bioware don't want people to know about it, how strange...:rolleyes:

At least an email from them to make it official would be appreciated... Btw I only noe abt this merger thru general chat on the fleet...=<

OF COURSE they meant US times and dates. Those that expected better need to work on their optimism, ok? The glass is not half full, the glass is American.

best thing i ever heard lol, so true!

At least an email from them to make it official would be appreciated... Btw I only noe abt this merger thru general chat on the fleet...=<

Dis. ^

More info is needed. APAC or NA time zones doesn't matter. We should have had emails, updates, FAQs, News Feeds for this. It's just being bunged together at the last second.

As a paying member I, for one, am pissed off by this. They screw with our servers.. & then go & forget about it.

Enough is enough!

Dis. ^

More info is needed. APAC or NA time zones doesn't matter. We should have had emails, updates, FAQs, News Feeds for this. It's just being bunged together at the last second.

As a paying member I, for one, am pissed off by this. They screw with our servers.. & then go & forget about it.

Enough is enough!

How did they forget? you expect them to transfer your toons @ midnight lol. okay man

the anger is more about the lack of information... not the fact that the transfers have not become available yet. We were told the 4th USA time, most really don't care about that. It is the fact that there is no information outside of it happening on the 4th. FAQ's are outdated, no official statement other than that from the message monkey. Information is what people are craving.

How did they forget? you expect them to transfer your toons @ midnight lol. okay man

Why must everything be taken as typed. How could they actually forget.

*They wouldn't need to manually xfer. You actually think they would xfer a couple of thousand people manually. It's called an automated system, man.

& I think $15 x a good few hundred would pay for one night shift to activate a system for one night in a month. Like we're actually getting our moneys worth as it is.

You read what I say but do not understand it. There aren't many jobs in America at the moment as I understand.. their economy is quite bad. I think there would be someone somewhere qualified to stay up for one or two nights to baby sit it. Food is food.. money is money. Why does no-one understand this? We do actually pay for this game you know.

Apparently there is an FAQ regarding consolidation- a forced merge as opposed to voluntary transfers- and unlike transfers guilds remain intact. Just in case any other guildmasters weren't aware information can be found here. http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6446 - To us this seems a far more preferable option than losing all of our stuff. Just in case everything is out of the guild bank but if there's a chance to keep our old members who wanted us to hold their spots when they were on holidays etc then we'll be taking this opportunity...even if we're the only ones left on Dalborra!

I know a lot of people will probably say these FAQs about consolidation may not be true but thanks to Bioware's 'diligence and fantastic customer service' (:rolleyes:) this is the best we've got. Just in case any other Guildmasters wanted to know.