Quick question about double-bladed sabers for Star Wars lore enthusiasts

maplEight

There was a double-bladed Lightsaber in one of the Tales of the Jedi comics, which was released in 1995, so it's before Maul's, both in the real world and in-universe canonically (as it takes place in 3995 BBY). Edited by Ramell

Star Wars, the Essential guide to weapons and technology, first edition 1997, mentions Kuns double bladed lightsaber specifically. Taken from the text.

"Some unique objects are invariably associated with their remarkable owners. The unusual double-bladed lightsaber of the fallen Jedi Exar Kun is one such artifact. This weapon was as distinctive and dangerous as its builder, the Dark Lord of the Sith, who initiated the great Sith War and nearly toppled the Old Republic."

"As the battles against the Jedi escalated, Kun altered his normal lightsaber into a more deadly and dangerous weapon. Kun added a second emitter matrix onto the opposite end of the grip, allowing him to release two blue-white blades simultaneously."

Anyway, yeah, it was mentioned before Maul. =o /shrug

• 2 weeks later...
You all missed the obvious one, Bastilla in KOTOR. We know for a fact the first game at least is canon now and Bastilla comes equipped with one when you rescue her on Taris.

He said before they had Darth Maul have one. Bastilla and KOTOR were released after Episode I. Exar Kun was the first as far as I recall.

There was a double-bladed Lightsaber in one of the Tales of the Jedi comics, which was released in 1995, so it's before Maul's, both in the real world and in-universe canonically (as it takes place in 3995 BBY).

That is Exar Kun's, I belive.

Yes, there are many examples of Saber Pikes and staffs if you know where to look.