Something I've wanted but did not expect

psandak

3 day posts on the GTN.

Discuss

Nice.

I haven't put anything on the GTN to see yet, but I like this.

Wish they went for a week, but this is still an improvement.

I just figure that some people might play once a week, period, or just on weekends, so them being able to keep items up for the week might help them sell a few more things.

Probably people who think the Iokath story is irredeemably broken and refuse to do it, and therefore cannot field-gather grade 10 resources.

Unlike KotFE that is the best story there is... Iokath at least doesn't require story completion for access to the planet.

How come no one is to complain how this wasn't in the patch notes...

The other omission had the potential to cost players time and credits if they traveled to either of the former locations of the grade 10 mats only to discover they were no longer there. This omission does not have that potential impact. However, it still would have been nice to have it in the patch notes.

I didn't hear anyone complaining for spending 3000 (or whatever the cost of travel is) to reach Zakuul only to find out grade 10 is not there anymore. That amount is comical to complain about.

No, those people complained for sake of complaining.

I didn't hear anyone complaining for spending 3000 (or whatever the cost of travel is) to reach Zakuul only to find out grade 10 is not there anymore. That amount is comical to complain about.

No, those people complained for sake of complaining.

As one of "those people" I cannot speak for the others, but I can assure you I did not complain for the sake of complaining. As I stated in that thread, to me it is a matter of principle. The amount is irrelevant, waste is waste, whether it is time or credits. You will find I also complained about the wasted time resulting from the random nature of the GC planetary mission selection process, again, based on principle, not specific amount of time. To paraphrase my final comment in that thread, none of us get to decide what bothers others. Yes, some people do complain simply for the sake of complaining, but others have different feelings about things than we might, and it serves us well to not be dismissive of those feelings and mock or ridicule them simply because we do not agree with or understand them.

Nice change yet offset by moving the delete and loot buttons on the mail system around ... GRR!

Still would have preferred "ability to now search GTN with 2 character words" which always annoys the hell out of me (and they started adding more bloody 2 character titles to new CM items! "F7") and being able to see what was actually sold during a patch update.

It give people longer to undercut you by that annoying amount that isn't worth buying & relisting for.

example:

List 5 thingys for 100K, and 3 days. Someone comes along and lists 30 thingies at 99,950 for three days. - Now you won't get a sale unless you:

• a) cancel your sale and re-list or
  • b) buy all their stock and try to sell it at a markup, hoping that they haven't made 30 more and are about to undercut you again for 3 days.

I know it's only a few credits, but 3 days is a long time in a cut-throat market....

OTOH, it' nice to list stuff on Fridays and not have to worry about it until Monday. ( or however

your weekends work)

But Crafting is mostly a crapshoot anyways. - You can have a few people listing at one price and making good money and some chump will come along and list dozens s of items at 1/5 of what you're asking.

-And even if you invite them into your cartel and point out they could be making 5x the credits, they seem determined to make stuff at basically cost price. - So you're actually better off hiking the price of mats for whatever it is you no longer want to compete for.

- Then people come on forums like this and complain that grade 4 colour crystals are going for 4K each, and they can't afford to make a dye or sabre crystals or w/e.

TLDR; not bothered either way. - Not sure why this had to be changed, but actual content could wait for another patch in a month or 3.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

You can still list for less if you are afraid of undercutters. Adding longer periods for listing allow those who want to sell at certain price the commodity of not listing an item every day.

On some things, it doesn't matter what you list it for, someone will come along and undercut you. If you do manage to find a price-point where they dont undercut, you're not making many credits and the items will probably be bought and resold at higher prices.

What SWTOR GTN really needs is a sales history where people can see what is selling and for how much. That would very much balance out the economy from both undercutters and overpricers.

How would it balance the economy? I mean it would give you indicative pricing for items with essentially unlimited supply like mats but anything CM related or "rare" will still cost a fortune.

The biggest issue to the economy imo is people can go buy 100 million credits for under $30 (and many people do) - if anything I've noted over the years is the more cheaper advertised the price of credits the more expensive in game items are. Recent example credits were around $3 for 10 mill now you see that as low as $2 and likewise pack prices jumped up from around 20-25 mill for new packs to well over 30 mill.

Whatever is allowing gold sellers to farm credits so easily is the issue as I see it.

On some things, it doesn't matter what you list it for, someone will come along and undercut you. If you do manage to find a price-point where they dont undercut, you're not making many credits and the items will probably be bought and resold at higher prices.

And that is why a 3 day posting is a good thing. If you craft the right items (AKA high demand, moderate to low supply), then it should not matter that someone or even a couple of someones undercut you, because your stuff will sell anyway.

And even if your stuff does not sell in 3 days...so what? You repost and try again. One of the tenants of my crew skill money making guide is patience...patience in all things. If you craft stuff with high desirability and you price it in the typical range it will sell eventually.

My credit balance states otherwise. I do not care if someone buys my item and resales, I still made a sale. I'm making money for specific purpose, not for the sake of making money. As long as I can achieve my goals, I do not care who bought it.