Aleeha

OK, so what the f'ing trick to beating this bastard? I can get him to about 3-2kish and I end up running out of interrupts and get force choked and placed into his freaking lightening spam while that crap healer Quinn just stands there and doesn't heal... This is a very frustrating fight on top of the stupid animation casting lag crap...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn's AI prioritizes healing himself over anything else, so the two biggest hints I can give you are:

1) Don't fight anywhere near Quinn, and don't ever let yourself get in a straight line between Quinn and your enemy. This prevents aoe from hitting Quinn, and prevents you from being knocked back to Quinn, and then Quinn getting hit by aoe centered on you. It is imperative you do not let Quinn get hit by the aoe as he will stop healing you for what seems like an eternity.

2) Only interrupt one of his abilities. Either interrupt his dot, or eat his dot and interrupt his lightning blast. If you eat the dot, you MUST interrupt his lightning blast. His lightining blast auto crits if you are dotted. You can avoid his aoe attacks. If you're a Juggernaut, you can probably get away with keeping both the dot and lightning blast locked down. If you're a Marauder, just focus on keeping the lightning blast locked down, would be my suggestion.

Edited by revial

Thing with this fight was simple, save interrupts for whenever he casts, use a ranged dps companion(Vette) so the DPS is higher. You lose heals, but the encounter doesn't last as long. Burn him down by the time you've used all your interrupts and you're home safe.

He's a really hard fight. You have to use ALL your interrupts and use them in rotation. I'm assuming your a jugg so... disruption, backhand, disruption, force choke, disruption, intimating shout. Even with this rotation your probably going to eat 1 or 2 blows.

• 3 weeks later...

Never had a single problem with any fight as an Annihilation Marauder + Quinn.

You just got to interrupt everything you can, you have TWO interrupts, use them wisely (Force Choke + our standard Interrupt), and also, remember that you have to GEAR YOUR COMPANION.

Also, i haven't done a single Flashpoint and done most planets on a lower level than what was suggested so you just gotta play smart. Interrupt, self heals, Quinn and DON'T STAND IN BAD STUFF.

The fight of the Avatar took me a few tries to get it right, but it was easier than Lord Draahg or the last one.

Edited by spne

He was actually harder for me than Draagh but came down to exactly the same strategy. Gear up Jaesa, pop defensive cds one after another and outnuke him. You only have to remember to interrupt (best case scenario is to kick first cast, then Unleash when he chokes you and choke him yourself when he wants to blast you and and kick next cast - you're way ahead if done like that as you take minimal damage).

I did it as Rage but I imagine being Anni helps a lot with self heal + shorter kick cd.

Edited by gibmachine

I wasn't able to beat that guy as a level 50 Carange spec Marauder, though I only tried like three times before I got a guildie to help me. Wasn't really interested in the repair bill I would have had if I had died enough times to figure the fight out.

Seriously ?

Whoa dude, dunno what are you doing wrong but you should have ZERO issues with this @ lvl 50.

Seriously ?

Whoa dude, dunno what are you doing wrong but you should have ZERO issues with this @ lvl 50.

While I'm sure you are very l33t and all, I actually don't think you're right about this. If you don't know in advance which of the avatar's abilities you need to interrupt and which you don't, the cooldowns on Disruption and Force Choke are too long to keep up with him. Tried it with Quinn, then Vette, and then with Quinn again. Died every time without gettng the avatar below 25% health. Yes I stayed out of his AoE to the best of my ability, yes I used Cloak of Pain/Saber Ward/Undying Rage. The second time I also used Call on the Force. Regardless, he was able to blow through my HP with relatively little trouble.

I'm a level 44 Immortal Juggernaut and I've had no problems doing any fight so far in the game with a DPS companion (Vette, then Jaesa).

The trick is to stay alive, and that's one of the things Juggernauts do best.

Some of the fights tend to require a medpack, which is easy since I get tons while questing so I don't have to buy them, or that you're good at chaining certain abilities and using your entire arsenal fully. I'm going to be a happy panda once Force Push resets Force Charge though, that's going to give me even more time to nuke the elite once I start the fight. :p

That was my strategy.
A good strategy I should have used. But my pride said otherwise.

I tried to kill the avatar twice, and decided to go questing on Corellia instead. I will be back to kick his avatarass at level 50 and better geared.

i really struggled as a level 45 healer playing with tank companion until i realised if you kite him round the big tree thing in the middle of the room and brake his line of sight it's easy.

My companion was even dead, just pop out - blast him and as he charges his choke/lightning/etc just hide behind the tree thing! :cool:

Edited by Tbonesteak