Weapon ammo

hezimoe

I am truly enjoying this game. I mostly play first person shooters and have stayed away from these types of games until now! With that said I need help I'm playing as a republic soldier level 4 woot! I have the rifle 2 of them in ,my inventory. I am out of ammo and I don't know how to replenish the ammo. I have none in my inventory. Please help!

Hello,

as a trooper you use a blaster with some kind of internal energy source. This energy source recharges over time. Basically: you do not have to reload (or rather you cannot).

You should have started with one attack that does not draw any energy ammo at all: hammer shot; and explosive shells, which does use ammo.

When you mouse over your energy bars you see a quantity of "ammo" (that is the long bar), and a ammo recharge rate or regeneration speed (that is the little bar).

You can use a total of "ammo bar markers" times "recharge bar markers" ammo before you run out of ammo and your recharge rate is poor.

If you mix your attacks (non-ammo + ammo-using attacks), and avoid draining your ammo bars to the point where recharge rate drops to poor you get a better total damage output, than burning all your ammo charges to zero.

Early I said, you cannot "reload". That was not entirely true. You do get a "quick recharge" ability (the ability with the "red ammo clip" icon) which can be used in combat: imho this is better used to recover your recharge rate, and not use up the ammo before the recharge rate started doing its work. And you do have a "rest" ability, which does recharge your gun as well as recover your health when out of combat.

Regards,

Asfrid