Togruta Playable Race

LethalOmen

im still surprised Togruta along with Nautolan, Weequay, Nikto, Sarkhai, Mon Calamari are still not playable races yet, they can all speak basic already so why cant the devs simply just add them? Although I suppose the main problem is the compatibility with different Body types.

Since we have a romaceable Togruta, I'm sure they will be next. Then maybe Voss. But squid people? Negatory.

Although I really don't get the appeal. The voices will be the same, the stories will be the same. The only differences are what the avatar looks like and the social skill. Jorgan doesn't act any differently if the player character is a Cathar and Ashara won't act any differently if the player character is a Togruta.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I think they have said before they have thought about it but the clipping has some issues.

I read it somewhere, but can't seem to find it. :/

Though I do hope for more alien races, always!

i think i remember reading that somewhere too, i didnt know bioware was afraid of challenges xD only take the easy road to make money=/

im still surprised Togruta along with Nautolan, Weequay, Nikto, Sarkhai, Mon Calamari are still not playable races yet, they can all speak basic already so why cant the devs simply just add them? Although I suppose the main problem is the compatibility with different Body types.

I'd love having all those races. But have you noticed? All Nautolans, Weequay, Nikto and Mon Calamari NPCs in the game look exactly the same? It's like there are no alternate facial customizations at all. I think they'd need to put more work into getting those species in the game as opposed to new ones they can create from the ground up with the flexibility of customization.

But either way, Togruta would be my #1 choice of the species I want next.

There have been like a GAJILLION requests for Togruta and Nautolans etc...since launch. Thus far all we've had is the Cathar, which have been about as close to human as you can get without actually being human.

But for posterity's sake

/signed would love them added.

An interesting development here- couched in a *very* large "maybe". Ever since launch, Ashara Zavros (Inquisitor companion and Togruta) has been one of the little band of companions stuck with a grey 'all covering' underwear blank bodysuit, instead of a 'skin' model.

Yesterday tried the unfettered trenchcoat on her, expecting failure on that front but curious to see how its lapels would clip with her head kibble- and it displayed properly, no bodysuit. Tried one of the dancer tops too, to check- and, yes, Ashara now has an actual body, rather than head and hands attached to a blank.

So whether it means anything at all for the possibility of playable Togruta, I don't know- but, plainly Bioware have had the Togruta character model out of the cupboard and been playing with it- which whatever else can't be *bad* news for the possibility of a playable one, and might even be good.