Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure they will announce more info about patch 1.4 aswell. Dont disappoint us Bioware, some of us still have faith in you, the game and the direction you've decided to head at.

Apparently the conference is already over, where can I find more info on what was mentioned about SWTOR?

Edited by ZombieCow

Im sure they will announce more info about patch 1.4 aswell. Dont disappoint us Bioware, some of us still have faith in you, the game and the direction you've decided to head at.

Apparently the conference is already over, where can I find more info on what was mentioned about SWTOR?

Nothing much was said actually. I think they are planning to release info this Friday to us. At least that what the word is. I hope they talk soon as a lot of people are getting impatient.

at the ea press conference it was announced that next month they would release the new pvp warzone, the new pve ops and new lvl 50+ space ship missions

No it wasn't.

They said they'd release the new raid next month, and then the other content (inc. WZ and space missions) 'Soon there after'.

This could be another six weeks away, or even more. Bioware has a horrible tendency to use the word 'soon' to convey anywhere between 1 month and 6 months.

No it wasn't.

They said they'd release the new raid next month, and then the other content (inc. WZ and space missions) 'Soon there after'.

This could be another six weeks away, or even more. Bioware has a horrible tendency to use the word 'soon' to convey anywhere between 1 month and 6 months.

Yeah. It was all really vague. Bioware really needs to start saying some dates. It's really been issue since launch about not saying any dates for anything. A new operation for next month, and something to follow after though is kind of odd.

And no mention about the level cap raise and new planet to quest on. Is that coming with the operation, or sometime after?

Who cares where they go? It's up to them. Quit whining.

You are correct that it is "up to them", I don't think anyone is "whining" and if you are in any way invested in the success of the game you should "care where they go."

They NEED to be at Gamescon because they have a large European player base that then should continue to grow. However, C:VI would have been like shooting a large lake of target market packed fish with a nuke when it came to really leveraging the F2P announcement here in the U.S. C:VI is an audience of highly motivated potential customers for the game on a four day Star Wars "high", consuming everything Star Wars they can and being reminded of why they love Star Wars in the first place! I can't think of a better place to be for that exact reason. C:VI far more critical in the U.S. than Comicon was for the success of this game, particularly with the F2P announcement at play. Gamescon is certainly critical for European exposure without a doubt...but I would still argue C:VI would have the better ROI (return on investment) simply given the demographics. Very disappointing to see those potential customers slip by.

Edited by MrGrizzly

I read this in the GamesCom announcement and got all excited for today:

EA Press Conference: Fans and Press should expect to hear some exciting new details about the future of The Old Republic during the presentation on Tuesday, August 14.

Telling us that one of the things we already knew was coming "Soon" is coming "next month" really doesn't count as "exciting new details" in my book. :( Though maybe I missed something?

I said this once and I will say it again.

There is no valid reason this company could ever give this community for skipping Celebration VI. just to remind our so called devs and community managers over there.. There has only been 6 of these. there have only been 6 official star wars conventions since 1977. That is 6 in 35 year. You must have absolutely no idea about Star Wars community if your choosing to skip this. We are not like Trekkies we do not get multiple conventions across the world every year. If you have anything to do with Star Wars and you are not at this then you might as well just end the game now.

WORST MARKETING IDEA IN HISTORY!!!!!

This is the gathering where you would hope to get the interest of the star wars fans and bring them back into the fold. the whole game is on the verge of collapsing and your going to choose to skip this. there was a 4 year gap between celebration V. While these look like they may still continue to happen No one has an idea when or if we will even get another one. So the idea that one of the biggest games in franchise history is CHOOSING to take a pass on this event is flabbergasting.

I will have to agree with this.

Some really good 'new' annoucements at gamescon guys, the whole 5 minutes of recycled stuff, plus a new advert are really getting me excited to play the game...

In all seriousness though, is that really everything?

Celebration is also of little interest to gamers, but a thing for star wars fans.

And a Star Wars MMO isn't a thing for Star Wars fans. Got it. /rolls eyes

They didn't even announce that they cancelled, until someone noticed that they took it off the event page and asked.

Anyways... was anything new said at GamesCon2012?

Edited by Yogol

And a Star Wars MMO isn't a thing for Star Wars fans. Got it. /rolls eyes

They didn't even announce that they cancelled, until someone noticed that they took it off the event page and asked.

Anyways... was anything new said at GamesCon2012?

I think it was a rehash of E3.

Edited by Tuscad