Advanced Classes

Laicamir

Greetings, I am looking for advice on which advanced class to choose, at this time I have raised one of each to around level 18 but I would prefer to only have to do this story line once. To this end I have created this forum message thingamajig.

I have no interest in healing whatsoever, I also do not will to be a tank but won't say no to increased survivability. I would prefer to be a ranged damager per second character, but I don't won't to be defenceless at close range.

While so far I prefer the assassin's gameplay I am not fond of double-bladed thingummywuts and feel that that the sorcerer is closer to Palpatine, which is something I would like.

If anybody has any advise on the matter I would appreciate it greatly.

Greetings, I am looking for advice on which advanced class to choose, at this time I have raised one of each to around level 18 but I would prefer to only have to do this story line once. To this end I have created this forum message thingamajig.

I have no interest in healing whatsoever, I also do not will to be a tank but won't say no to increased survivability. I would prefer to be a ranged damager per second character, but I don't won't to be defenceless at close range.

While so far I prefer the assassin's gameplay I am not fond of double-bladed thingummywuts and feel that that the sorcerer is closer to Palpatine, which is something I would like.

Sorcerer has no survivability, other than bubble. Assassin cant rage dps or anything, and yuou HAVE to have a double bladed saber...

Have you considered Bounty hunter or Trooper? Both feature heavy armor and a mix of long range and hand-to-hand abilities. As either class, you'll have the choice of an advanced class that either has a tank's damage mitigating defensive cooldowns, or some capacity to heal, even when specialized for damage.

Because the Group Finder tool wants to put groups together as fast as possible, players whose characters can potentially tank or heal do sometimes find themselves enlisted into that role. Some possible workarounds for this might be to join a guild and participate in their Flashpoint activities, or to find pick-up groups through chat in the Fleet station in order to make sure you get the role that you want. Being flexible about how you make your contribution to a successful Flashpoint team will probably get you faster rewards, though.

Since you don't want to heal and do want to be able to survive, you need to go with assassin. Yes, you have to use a double-bladed lightstick but it's a small irritation compared to the rough time you'll have staying alive as a dps non-heals sorc.

My main is a 50 assassin and I have a 40 sorc. Trust me, if my sorc wasn't 100% heals I wouldn't have made it to 40 without taking a tire iron to my computer. I know I might get flamed by a posse of dps sorc's but I really have nothing but admiration for those who can successfully play one :)

Since you don't want to heal and do want to be able to survive, you need to go with assassin. Yes, you have to use a double-bladed lightstick but it's a small irritation compared to the rough time you'll have staying alive as a dps non-heals sorc.

My main is a 50 assassin and I have a 40 sorc. Trust me, if my sorc wasn't 100% heals I wouldn't have made it to 40 without taking a tire iron to my computer. I know I might get flamed by a posse of dps sorc's but I really have nothing but admiration for those who can successfully play one :)

Yeah, I'm not going to flame you, but I was able to level as Madness without too much trouble. I certainly died more than once (okay well over a hundred or more times), but Khem Val is a big, ugly man who will destroy your foes and threaten to eat you. Plus a Whirlwind that hits three people can work wonders. :)

I run a lvl 50 Shadow DPS (the Jedi Mirror of the Assassin). While she doesn't have the insane survivability of the Guardian or Juggernaut, she is more than tough enough to Tank if I wanted to, so survivability of the Assassin should be just as good, plus you still get some of the ranged force powers that the Sage/Sorcerer gets, plus you can stealth, really handy in dealing with pesky elite mobs in raids or capping points in warzones.

You could actually run an Assassin/Shadow with a Single Blade Saber, but most of there best moves and forms require a double blade.

I would say if it was me on the Imp side play a Sorcerer they can have "depending on how you set them up" very high dps "ranged" or if you like to try the Replublic side I would suggest trying a Commando they can also have high crazy "ranged" dps "also depending on how you set them up" plus the Sorcerer can heal himself if needed to so take it for what its worth ;) Edited by Legolose

If you want a force-using character who specializes in damage dealing but has high survivability, Sith Assassin or Jedi Shadow (the Republic equivalent) both make interesting options, largely because their first companion is a hand-to-hand tank who can keep enemies off of you while you quest. Both also get an ability very early on that will knock back any enemies who do get on you; it's particularly handy near cliffs and ledges. Both advanced classes use the double saber.

Yeah, I'm not going to flame you, but I was able to level as Madness without too much trouble. I certainly died more than once (okay well over a hundred or more times), but Khem Val is a big, ugly man who will destroy your foes and threaten to eat you. Plus a Whirlwind that hits three people can work wonders. :)

Thank you for not making me break out the fire extinguisher :D I can see why a Madness sorc could be viably lethal- a Madness assassin (like mine) certainly is. I did go just far enough up the Madness tree with my sorc to get the multiple Whirlwind- it's invaluable.

Since the OP seems to be going assassin: I do advise Madness. It made leveling my 'sin much simpler and has some really devastating stuff higher up in the tree. But whatever you choose, good luck :)

(meh ahduth- I'm going to respec to Madness on my sorc at 50 just to see what it plays like :p you have me curious now)