How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

CorellianWannabe

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, it doesn't make much sense.

BUT it does have potential.

Would if in the corner of the galaxy, the republic has a colony, with no more then miners and a small military outpost.

Then the vong look to expand there regions, so they dominate the planet.

It would be fun for an expansion you are sent there, and it's a new planet. The reason YOU are sent there, is because if they send an army, it could lead to a war (oh gosh.. Imperial vs republic vs yuuzhan vong war?)

The imperial have similiar reasons, because of there spies found info about the republic colony, so you imps get to go aswell.

I'm sure BW can come up with something that is similar to the YV without actually being the YV. They could use the Gormak or something in that line.

But I am rallying for a co-op flashpoint and operation mixing the 2 factions. At the end, you get a choice to betray or not. If you choose to betray, the opposite faction is sent into a seperate instance for a final battle. This would be like a bonus boss. If both factions betray, you both do bonus. If you both are honorable, you battle the boss together. The main loot would be before the bonus boss. So there wouldn't be any hard feelings in the end. A title would be granted at the end of the bonus, depending on your choice.

Now this is where I've had a lot of discussion about them implementing a third faction;

The Yuuzhan Vong; it would turn this into a three-prong war that could lead to a lot of interesting possibilities in my opinion.

That wouldn't happen as that would ruin the canon quite fantastically, when the Yuuzhan Vong were encountered in the New Republic, Jedi had never seen their kind before, and the Jedi are rarely types to not file their information in some random holocron somewhere.

Since they (the Jedi) were so clueless about the Yuuzhan Vong, having the Yuuzhan Vong in the galaxy so early would cause a canon inconsistency ("Why do we not know about the Yuuzhan Vong before when they practically invaded the galaxy in the Cold War 3000 years ago" etc etc)

That being said, I suppose you can get away with 1 stray YV being found in some desolate area in the Unknown Regions that somehow by some freaky extra-galatic transport method, turned up over 3000 years ahead of the rest of his "crew" persay (who ofc, come to terrorise the New Republic), and there's a quick story before he's killed before any authorities of significance realise that this is a new species... That could work. Maybe.

I could see a Flashpoint with a small, EXTREMELY advance-force of Yuuzhan Vong. No real interaction beyond killing them and destroying whatever MacGuffin they're working on, perhaps some kind of bio-engine that'll help the invasion force get here faster. Leave the whole thing as a kind of "who was that masked man" deal, something anomalous but easily forgotten in the midst of everything else going on.

the Vog COULD be in the game with in the time line as it was said in NJO that the Vog where holding out side the Galaxy for over 2,000 years..... all so is there a quest in the game it seems like you meat them? one say that a lot but some how I don't think it true

That wouldn't happen as that would ruin the canon quite fantastically, when the Yuuzhan Vong were encountered in the New Republic, Jedi had never seen their kind before, and the Jedi are rarely types to not file their information in some random holocron somewhere.

Since they (the Jedi) were so clueless about the Yuuzhan Vong, having the Yuuzhan Vong in the galaxy so early would cause a canon inconsistency ("Why do we not know about the Yuuzhan Vong before when they practically invaded the galaxy in the Cold War 3000 years ago" etc etc)

In the earliest books of the EU it is made fairly clear that Luke is creating the new jedi order by feel not by knowledge. He only has one holocron and even then it is damaged. Chances are that Palpatine destroyed or distorted the entire Republic and Jedi archives eliminating all the history he did not want anyone knowing. This would include any knowledge of the Vong.

I'm not saying I like the idea of the Vong in SWTOR, in fact I don't, but history is written by the victors and undesirable information is almost never revealed. So it is possible that Vong can exist, in TOR time; even if the Jedi documented their victory over the Vong, the Emperor could have eliminated all knowledge of it when HE rewrote history.

A Yuuzhan Vong expansion would be possible, canon wise. As it was said before, the Mandalorians encountered them long before the Chiss did and the discovery of Zonama Sekot. And as was established in the NJO series, when Mandalorians and Vong decide they don't like each other, the entire area is showered with blood and glory and awesome.

Not a good idea, though. As much as I love EU, it should stay in EU. LucasArts already has a solid reputation of breaking nice things.

Edited by Malles

Here's the issue. The minute they'd try to implement anything from the Expanded Universe, which is NOT crap by the way, George Lucas would bring the hammer down more than likely. Why? Because ol' Georgie apparantly hates the EU, and refuses to let it be canon without destroying everything good about it.

To echo the statement but not the sentiment of the previous poster -

Vong are NOT cannon as recognised by 'Lucasfilm' or 'Lucasarts' therefore they would not and should not be around in this time period. The Vong were created to be an 'Equal' to the NJO because without the Empire or it's Sith there would be no point to having a Jedi order, new or not.

This folks is the greatest era of conflict the galaxy has or will ever see, instead of trying to bring things in from other sources BioWare have chosen to create new/old stuff like the Voss.

The Jedi of this ear have enough to deal with, as do the Sith lets just see how this pans out first before we start requesting other side lines.

I mean there are Chiss in The Old Republic, why not a Yuuzhan invasion that the Republic forgot about?

You think next expansion or the one after?

Chiss are just reclusive not really forgotten about.

that and the vong are very very far away.

I hate when posted come by and say it impossible come on like more then a few of us show how THIS can be!!!!! all so this is Star Wars NOTING is impossible so KNOCK that off now ok??

we know that only few advanced recons had made it to the galaxy maybe at most asingle cruiser would be there.

You don't forget Yuuzhan Vong.

The most there would be would be a single ship or a small scouting party, you can't stretch lore that much.

Cant stretch it all without adding in some plot device that completely breaks canon to allow it.

Most you might see is Slivilith probes (though even this breaks lore as only one was sent out, it has allready left the galaxy. They only start to send more out right befor entering the galaxy), the vong just recently left their galaxy on the worldships. The vong them self will not enter the galaxy for another four millenia.

how we could see the vog and not beak cannon

1 time travel it happened in SW

2 interdenominational travel it could happen

3 there all ready here! a hole world ship could be here by time line of ToR!

4 faster then hepper space travel.. with no gravy! hey why not??

5 trooper " so you saying some how we been transported to a new gaxsley?"

come on gezzz....

The OP is a happy troll.

And no.NO.No Vong in this game.Vong are terrible,horrible and the worst idea in Star Wars.

Actually the "Worst idea in Star Wars" was George waving his magic wand and turning the Mandalorians into Pacifistic Farmers...

Actually the "Worst idea in Star Wars" was George waving his magic wand and turning the Mandalorians into Pacifistic Farmers...

Actually all he did was "Yeah, ok, whatever.." for TCW....the team for TCW ruined that culture...

Edited by Eillack

We've already got the Killiks from the Dark Nest trilogy making an appearance. Vong could happen.

Listen for my screams.

I noted that too but in Drak nest it was said the Killiks have been around a vary long time maybe even at the start of life with in the Galaxy so that did not bug me... get it bug

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Vong are sort of like Killiks in that they want everything dead right? How would you place them on either side of the Republic/Empire struggle?

Probably a Wrath of the Lich King-like affair, with both sides fighting one another while also fighting this dangerous new force attacking both of them.

50 years after battle of Yavin. so you got ages to go.

well... there is one possible plot. This was kind of mentioned in the books. The Vong may have been in the system before. Ages ago. They spurned the force, possibly because something bad happened to them or others, Or they just grew to hate it.

So there is a small chance that someone could work their species into the current time line we are playing in.

-

Edited by Thelna