Join the Battle Now and Get Rewarded!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of Players suddenly cried out in terror and suddenly un-subbed... I fear the death of this failed "MMO" has finally begun."

―Obi-Wan Kenobi, referring to the Destruction of SWTOR

Yes them giving away free stuff surely will make everyone unsub.

I was on yesterday and didn't get pet or cartel coins. When are you suppose to receive this?

Seems pretty obvious it would be on or after October 20th.

Edited by Icebergy

Wondering why this video that was showcased last year (can't remember exactly when, though circa F2P starting) has been sitting on the shelf for so long.

Maybe if you brought it when originally shown, there'd be more subs, and less need to rely on the CM for income.

PS: And thanks for the upcoming title for RotHC. Guess I won't worry about buying the next dull "expansion" if I can wait a few months and pick it up for free.

I just re subscribed...sorry if this is an question, where is the speeder and pet located? I mean do I have to go somewhere to get it or am I just missing something.

Thanks in advance.

The Rewards (Title, Pet, Speeder, Etc.) will be provided On or Before September 25th. I missed that part at 1st too. Was expecting my rewards yesterday, but when i reread the add i noticed that part.

To earn the rewards, you must reactivate your subscription during the Join the Battle promotion period between September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT and October 20, 2013 at 11:00PM PDT / October 21, 2013 at 6:00AM GMT and your account must be in an active subscription status on October 20, 2013 at 11:00PM

Ah, that's sneaky fine print there, I honestly couldn't even find it.

I unsubed two days ago. The slap in the face RotHC "benefit" that people who bought it long ago should get, but dont, was the last straw for me.

Also, if Bioware spent the money they put into this STUPID video into the game it might be better and less full of bugs. :eek: What a concept heh? Yes, this is why I am enjoying the heck out of Guild Wars 2 now....with no monthly fee.

Edited by DarthVengeant

To earn the rewards, you must reactivate your subscription during the Join the Battle promotion period between September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT and October 20, 2013 at 11:00PM PDT / October 21, 2013 at 6:00AM GMT and your account must be in an active subscription status on October 20, 2013 at 11:00PM

Also buried in there - "The JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet and the JA-3 Subversive Speeder will be delivered via in-game mail within ten business days following the close of the promotion". The Title gets mailed out "on or before September 25, 2013 as our appreciation for the purchase."

WHAT, the people that bought it in the last 30 DAYS? what about everyone ELSE that bought it??? Who cares about a lousy title. What about the other hundreds of thousands of people that bought it BEFORE? we're just getting **** on? (if SWTOR even has a couple hundred thousand players) ******** is what it is.:mad:

I choose to look at the recent free ROTHC to new subs as follows:

Appreciation for Subs having bought ROTHC early = a title no one but no one cares about or will use as it will just be an albatross reminder how Sub players who pre-ordered or got the expansion early got the middle finger by Bioware via pointless and useless title.

And in relation to how recent accounts who bought ROTHC getting cartel coins? Yeah while it sucks they get the TRUE appreciation, I am somewhat comforted knowing that as they stay longer with the game as a sub player, they too will join the rest of us in getting shafted over newer sub players!! :p

As for the commercial, I will be a dissenting voice and say that I thought it was a pile of crap that did nothing to show off SWTOR itself. I mean people moving objects in front of others to stop a confrontation (Yet forgetting they could you know, SHOOT THEIR GUN OVER SAID OBJECT??), people giving each other stupid looks and no one fights til the end at the (presumably) town center (To say nothing of how many people in the commercial carried Assault cannons......funny, I don't recall THAT many people on my server favoring Commando's rofl), How does this even relate to this game? The commercial is so generic, it can be related to anything Star Wars simply because the light saber is it's own recognized link to Star Wars, not SWTOR. If the commercial was about SWTOR, where were the clipping issues in the clothing/armor everyone in the commercial wore, the endless lag, the stun wars of pvp or the fact that that many people in one spot in the actual SWTOR game would crash it!! :p

Yeah maybe a little jaded of me but just think as others have said, if only all that money was spent on this game!! :(

You know I've never understood why people think berating game developers will get them to change things.

I mean, if people will complain no matter what a developer does then why try to appease you people, when the only incentive you give them is a ***** fest?

If it was me I'd be thinking, "To hell with keeping these trolls happy." and I'd only be looking for ways to get paid as a result.

The one tactic that's never used by you guys is encouragement. Instead you ***** and moan and for what? You still buy the crap all the same, or you don't buy it and they seek ways to get new members to pay for the game.

You know what you got for the buy the Hutt Cartel early, getting the Hutt cartel early. Big surprise there! You got to play the expansion when it was released and had a head start on other people.

Besides chances are they made the expansion free because they are about to release another expansion soon.

The only complaint I feel is valid is how people that pre ordered Hutt were shafted out of 1000 CC and I do feel that its a bad strategy to alienate your loyal customers. Its a sad trend many companies have adopted because they realize that loyal customers are loyal. You'll pay for it anyway because you like the game.

Going back to the whole encouragement trend, I say great idea guys. Please bring in new members because the more people that play the better this Massive MULTI PLAYER game will be. Further more I've been into f2p games that have failed, force to shut down pre maturely because of irate forum trolls and a lack of people spending money on the game.

Don't complain when you see a new commercial instead of having some dweeb rebalance the classes. That new commercial is a good thing because it is marketing that keeps a business alive, why do you think i-phones did so well even though there were countless better smart phones out there. Brand name is everything when you are in an international market.

So on a final note, I say thanks for the deal. I've renewed my account after months of not playing so it seems to me like their plan was a good one.

All subscribers who purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel should receive the 1050 cartel coins irregardless of whether it was purchased within the last 30 days or prior. From this article I read, never purchase an expansion again until it is offered for free.

Agreed! While the expansion is pretty cool selling it to us and then making it free for all and NOT granting the cartel coin bonus to ALL who purchased it is pretty much screwing over those of us who purchased it prior to August 11th. Yes IIRC those who preordered did get some credits as a preorder perk but the cartel coins should be another perk - an additional 1050 credits. Greedy you say? Not really, not when it's the subscribers and the ones who preorder that are supporting this game. I'm good with a F2P option, I'm good with the expansion being free as long as some love is being shown to those who subscribe. THAT should not be too much to ask.

Why would you? Seriously?

If you pre-ordered RotHC you got a Markrin Seedling pet, a Scourge of the Hutts title, a Dr Oggrurobb statue so you can train your skills anywhere you like, all on every character you make now and in the future.

In addition you got early access to the content which you have been playing for the last six months.

And now because they've decided to give away this old, out of date DLC you have the gall to come on here and whine "I want, I want"?!?!

:(

Grow up.

Let me guess - you are one of the ones who just got into the game or got back into the game... And YES I do indeed have the gall to come on here and say I want, I want because this screwed the ones who preordered the game. Yes there were some perks but the ONLY one that we got was the early access... IIRC the rest of what you mentioned is included with the expansion to all - the holostatue, the pet,and the title. Tell ya what sport - you don't like us complaining about then don't bother reading or commenting because our opinion is every bit as valid - if not more so- than yours.

Edited by athynz

The 1050 CC was not a bonus, it was a store credit refund for last 30 day purchasers..

This 500 just for reactivation makes ZERO sense. Well, yes, it's an INCENTIVE for old subs, but it's also a bit like saying "You shoulda gone f2p and came back now instead of subbing all the time." Weird. So it's very understandable for old subs to be invited back, but...

I mean, does it make any sense for the current subscribers? Hell no.

I subbed since launch for god's sake, and so far, only bonus I've seen is an extra 30 days they granted back in Feb 2012 or something. Aside from that, it's been "shaft the subber, stroke the freebie" all the way.

Would I unsub? No, coz I love this game and it's currently best all around MMO on the market, but sure as hell not happy to get whipped all the time.

Bioware's dear community managers, take notice of this fact:

We of those who supported and understood the 1050 CC refund and old buyers of RotHC not getting anything, ARE getting angry over this.

That should show your marketing department that this latest 500 bonus to resubbing players is a BAD BAD move.

Real bad. Like, totally, really bad.

Well said!

Damn... I didn't get in on this thread before the "slap to the face" comments started...

That's a real slap to the face, huh!? :rak_03:

Ok, even I admit that was a bad joke, but really... it's no more dumb than everyone always saying "this is a slap to the face of your loyal subscribers" no matter what Bioware does.

Let me guess - you are one of the ones who just got into the game or got back into the game... And YES I do indeed have the gall to come on here and say I want, I want because this screwed the ones who preordered the game. Yes there were some perks but the ONLY one that we got was the early access... IIRC the rest of what you mentioned is included with the expansion to all - the holostatue, the pet,and the title. Tell ya what sport - you don't like us complaining about then don't bother reading or commenting because our opinion is every bit as valid - if not more so- than yours.

I've been playing this game since beta, I purchased the Collector's Edition, and I have been unsubscribed from the game a total of three days the entire time (and that was prior to the game going F2P... since F2P I've never let my sub lapse) and I pre-ordered Rise of the Hutt Cartel the first week. So now having said that so you know I'm not some new player that is actually getting those 1000CC, I fully understand why Bioware is giving 1000CC to the people they are giving it to. I'm ok with it. I 100% agree with the person you quoted.

Oh, and by the way the holostatue, the pet, and the Scourge of the Hutt title is NOT given to everyone because I have guildmates that bought the expansion but did not preorder it, and they now wish they had.

EDIT: Oh and to those now complaining about the 500CC bonus to returning players, my God is this your first MMO? Were you born yesterday? Bonuses to returning players is something ALL games do. I bet you people complained that players returning to WoW could get a free level 80 panda but current subscribers had to actually play their panda to level 80 (actually I think the "scroll of resurrection" gave the referring player a free level 80 too, I don't remember nor care as even if it did, there would be the complaint "But all my friends already play" argument)

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero