Why is Battlemaster Gear Going Away?

Heezdedjim

warhero = the new battlemaster. warhero no longer needs ranked marks.

I guess it sucks for all those people who grinded for ages before. I'm going to collect full battlemaster and keep it in my bank just for the fact it can never be obtainable after 1.6

****, BioWare, you're pissing me off more every day. Nerf my very first character EVERY gosh darn patch (Arsenal Merc), take out some great looking gear and replace it with generic stuff you can find ANYWHERE else (Hydra Gear set with a look similar to Boba fett's gear), merge servers so I get more lag from too many people in one space and have a hard time getting good names, and now this! I had better get a refund from ALL the BM gear I've bought

They better give me a refund for all the WZ coms I spent on Battlemaster.

Let me guess... your first MMO with gear progression?

IA Field Tech Battlemaster looks epic, but the IA WH is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Totally ruins the awesome effect my Sniper has.

There's a solution in game for that.

Let me guess... your first MMO with gear progression?

There's a solution in game for that.

There is? What solution is that once the vendor is gone and the art is gone?

I person like my champion/bm look wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than any of the new sets released for agent...

There is? What solution is that once the vendor is gone and the art is gone?

The person I responded to has BM armor, made evident by the fact that he whined about wanting a refund of it.

But regardless, there is also another solution... Let's see if you can figure this one out....

Edited by byteresistor

The person I responded has BM armor, made evident by the fact that he whined about wanting a refund of it.

But regardless, there is also another solution... Let's see if you can figure this one out....

Yes I did whine, I whined about the fact that I transferred all of my normal WZ Coms to Ranked Coms in order to buy WH, then being told that WH is now gonna cost normal Coms instead of Ranked Coms. And because of the '30 Normal Coms gets you 10 Ranked Coms' thing I've just lost a hell-of-alot of Normal WZ Coms for nothing.

And after putting effort into getting my Battlemaster and now WH's gonna cost the exact same and BM is gonna be virtually extinct in the near future, yes, I do want a refund.

Edited by Chlomamf

Yes I did whine, I whined about the fact that I transferred all of my normal WZ Coms to Ranked Coms in order to buy WH, then being told that WH is now gonna cost normal Coms instead of Ranked Coms. And because of the '30 Normal Coms gets you 10 Ranked Coms' thing I've just lost a hell-of-alot of Normal WZ Coms for nothing..

Using this logic I should get a refund on my 3 year old car because it's sold cheaper now than it was when I bought it? :rolleyes:

I've just lost a hell-of-alot of Normal WZ Coms for nothing

Did you have fun while playing?

Using this logic I should get a refund on my 3 year old car because it's sold cheaper now than it was when I bought it? :rolleyes:

Did you have fun while playing?

The logic was that when I have to turn in my Ranked WZ Coms for Normal Coms to buy WH, I'll lose alot of my Normal WZ Coms that I traded in for Ranked WZ Coms to buy WH in the first place.

Depends. If I was vsing a Premade, then no, I did not have fun. But I had to stick it out for the match so I got my WZ Coms at the end. Ofcourse I had no idea that they'd all of gone to waste because of Patch 1.6. Besides, when grinding coms for Gear it doesn't matter if you have fun, it matters how much Coms you get.

Besides, when grinding coms for Gear it doesn't matter if you have fun, it matters how much Coms you get.

It matters to me, if I didn't have ANY fun during the grind for gear then I would've just quit the game.

Ofcourse I had no idea that they'd all of gone to waste because of Patch 1.6.

Again, they'd all gone to "waste" if you didn't have any fun. I have 5 level 50's. 1 warhero and 4 battlemasters, this change doesn't affect me not one bit. I saw this coming, and even if I didn't I still wouldn't care. I had fun while doing it.

Edited by byteresistor

It matters to me, if I didn't have ANY fun during the grind for gear then I would've just quit the game.

Again, they'd all gone to "waste" if you didn't have any fun. I have 5 level 50's. 1 warhero and 4 battlemasters, this change doesn't affect me not one bit. I saw this coming, and even if I didn't I still wouldn't care. I had fun while doing it.

I didn't say I had no fun. But it isn't exactly all that exciting when you're stuck guarding a Turret/Node for the entire match, which is what I do 9/10 times on my Sniper. It also makes you paranoid that there's a stealther trying to ninja cap the Turret/Node, which isn't all that fun either, knowing that you could lose the turret any second and it'd be your fault.

Ofcourse I've only been ninja capped a couple of times, and that was back when I first started PvP. Nowadays, thanks to those two experiences, I commonly Orbital Strike the turret all the time to prevent Ninja Caps.

****, BioWare, you're pissing me off more every day. Nerf my very first character EVERY gosh darn patch (Arsenal Merc), take out some great looking gear and replace it with generic stuff you can find ANYWHERE else (Hydra Gear set with a look similar to Boba fett's gear), merge servers so I get more lag from too many people in one space and have a hard time getting good names, and now this! I had better get a refund from ALL the BM gear I've bought

lol'd

Yes I did whine, I whined about the fact that I transferred all of my normal WZ Coms to Ranked Coms in order to buy WH, then being told that WH is now gonna cost normal Coms instead of Ranked Coms. And because of the '30 Normal Coms gets you 10 Ranked Coms' thing I've just lost a hell-of-alot of Normal WZ Coms for nothing.

And after putting effort into getting my Battlemaster and now WH's gonna cost the exact same and BM is gonna be virtually extinct in the near future, yes, I do want a refund.

you should be pleased because you get zipped up on par with war hero geared people...and you complaining that you get what i had to grind months for.. for free. If u have full bm, as soon as u log in your shot up to my gear level, or i'm dropped down to yours... however you wanna look at it ......yeah that must really suck :/

if anything it's the people like me with full augmented war hero gear that should be mad... i was finished my pvp grind , i worked hard to obtian all those ranked comms and i was enjoying not having to worry about comms and dailies but just playing with end game gear, now i have to do that all over again .not to mention you get to purchase wh gear for regular comms bypassing the 3-1 ratio I and many others had to do.............. yeah you should be complaining /facepalm

Edited by Wookubus

you should be pleased because you get zipped up on par with war hero geared people...and you complaining that you get what i had to grind months for.. for free. If u have full bm, as soon as u log in your shot up to my gear level, or i'm dropped down to yours... however you wanna look at it ......yeah that must really suck :/

if anything it's the people like me with full augmented war hero gear that should be mad... i was finished my pvp grind , i worked hard to obtian all those ranked comms and i was enjoying not having to worry about comms and dailies but just playing with end game gear, now i have to do that all over again .not to mention you get to purchase wh gear for regular comms bypassing the 3-1 ratio I and many others had to do.............. yeah you should be complaining /facepalm

One of the reasons I'm complaining is because of the 3-1 ratio: for the past few weeks I've been trading in Normal WZ Coms for Ranked Coms so I could buy WH, then I get told that they're making WH cost regular Coms. I've just lost a hell-of-alot of Normal WZ Coms for nothing.

Infact I think this is the 4th time I've said that in this Thread.

Edited by Chlomamf

One of the reasons I'm complaining is because of the 3-1 ratio: for the past few weeks I've been trading in Normal WZ Coms for Ranked Coms so I could buy WH, then I get told that they're making WH cost regular Coms. I've just lost a hell-of-alot of Normal WZ Coms for nothing.

Infact I think this is the 4th time I've said that in this Thread.

This is why I quit not long after War Hero was released. Busted my *** getting Centurion and Champion, praying to the RNG gods they would give me something I needed and not a double. Then, praying harder I would get a BM token or converting 4000 WZ comms into a BM Token (1000 Merc, 1000 WZ). After all that, WH came out a couple weeks later, BM was given out like candy.

I got a few pieces of WH and said, what's the use? But now that most of my friends went from Imp to Pub to play with other friends or competent people, it's nice to know my Scoundrel will get an easy set of WH which I ran rip the mods out, and put into something more my style almost the moment I hit 50. Then grind a little and get EWH.

Sweet! Quitting for like half a year paid off. :o

BW just should get schematics for all gone Artwork (champion, battlemaster ..) available to be crafted by Synthweavers and Armormechs.

Also PVP vendors should sell only empty shells and Armor/Mods/Enhancements separately for different Medal costs depending on level.

Problem solved.

But because 3 left devs are woking on F2P shop, you cant expect much :cool:

They better give me a refund for all the WZ coms I spent on Battlemaster.

IA Field Tech Battlemaster looks epic, but the IA WH is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Totally ruins the awesome effect my Sniper has.

Not going to happen :)

Your character will not lose Battlemaster gear, you can still pvp with it. WH Will cost what BM costs now so you can buy that and the ranked comms you have can be used for Elite WH.

If you do not like how WH gear looks take out the mods and put them into your BM gear.

Also I laugh at all the comms you spent on battlemaster. I've gotten Battlemaster with tokens that might or might not drop from the daily/weekly bags or could be bought for 1000wz/1000merc comms. And you didn't even get as much warzone comms back then.

Try getting WH gear on a server that is near death. After server mergers try optimizing your WH gear. And after 1.4 or 1.5 try optimizing your gear with EWH mods from offhands that cost 2000 WZ comms for the WH piece and then 3475 RWZ comms for each EWH piece.