Da Big Hitters: Attacks & Heals

CharterMonkKent

Yes it can hit 5k. I have hit 5k only once since the big nerf - and it was this week actually, and it wasnt against a sorc. It could not have been against a geared opponent though, ive never hit that hard.

Well I guess that is one of the flaws with the list. There is no critiera on "What is your biggest hit?" Are we talking on geared players? Or just biggest numbers seen in a WZ? And also, is 4.8k close enough to 5k to be considered a "5k attack" (in my book it is)?

I guess I am going to have to bust out my Sage when I get home.... I have no doubt that I will be knocking on the door of the 5k number....

Here is what I will be rolling:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/sage#c0k-1032-3e7c98f23

Mostly BiS WH with some BH armorings.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PloGreen,

Thank you for the response.

Essentially, there is no viable build for a DPS-Sorc that provides a 5K damager.

If you decide to completely over-gear your stats to achieve this one strike it is technically possible. So long as you are fighting an under-geared opponent.

In short, so rare as to be essentially unattainable and useless.

That seems to be a good description of Sorc-PVP-DPS in general actually.

When the Stars Align....

I am not disagreeing with you, I share you opinion but it is possible to break 5k, because I have done it (only once mind).

Certainly not useless to min/max and use fob as your main burst and increased 10 tick dot damage though. Just not as good as it should be.

Well I guess that is one of the flaws with the list. There is no critiera on "What is your biggest hit?" Are we talking on geared players? Or just biggest numbers seen in a WZ? And also, is 4.8k close enough to 5k to be considered a "5k attack" (in my book it is)?

I guess I am going to have to bust out my Sage when I get home.... I have no doubt that I will be knocking on the door of the 5k number....

Here is what I will be rolling:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/sage#c0k-1032-3e7c98f23

Mostly BiS WH with some BH armorings.

Gl with it, let us know how you get on. Interesting build.

4.8k is 4.8k not 5k. :D

Edited by PloGreen

What the community really needs to do is run some PVP-Dummy parses and find out what the min/max/average of our abilities really are on an even playing field.

The 4.2k-4.8k DF is a prime example: It is essentially impossible on a Geared-Player (and no, when other classes' 5k abilities track into the +5.5k range, 4.8k does not qualify) to reach the 5k number.

Looking at this list of Damagers, and recognizing the caveat of the Sorc's only technically possible 5k damager simply reinforces the complete joke this AC is for PVP-DPS.

Gl with it, let us know how you get on. Interesting build.

4.8k is 4.8k not 5k. :D

Will do... It's not a build I roll with usually, but some people play it.... And are probably the ones saying it possible....

I also agree that the burst damage in Balance/Mad is disproportionate to the burst damage out there for other DPS specs and force management could use tweaking too...

And 200HP is so much extra, right?:D (Just yankin ur chain PLO....)

Will do... It's not a build I roll with usually, but some people play it.... And are probably the ones saying it possible....

I also agree that the burst damage in Balance/Mad is disproportionate to the burst damage out there for other DPS specs and force management could use tweaking too...

And 200HP is so much extra, right?:D (Just yankin ur chain PLO....)

I will try your build I think. Though I will miss sever force.

Specially in HB... That spec does limit your kiting and survivability, but the build is about free-casting, spamming insta-DoTs and AoE burst using FiB in conjunction with FP. I know its not optimal for PvP, but the thread is about "heavy hitters", not whether "is a certain class/spec viable".

Interesting summation of the information thus far:

[AC/# of 5K Damagers / # Rare]

Juggernaught/Guardian = 5 = Marauder/Sentinel

Operative/Scoundrel = 3 = Assassin/Shadow

Trooper/Bounty Hunter = 3 (1)

Sniper/Gunslinger = 2

Powertech/Vanguard = 3 (3)

Sorcerer/Sage = 1 (1)

Treating "Rare" as a -1 (for consistency) yields this ranking: [imp AC Names]

1 – Marauder & Juggernaught = 5 ea.

2 – Operative & Assassin = 3 ea.

3 – Sniper & Bounty Hunter = 2 ea.

4 – Powertech & Sorcerer = 0 ea.

Interesting breakdown...reminiscent of something. :p

Interesting summation of the information thus far:

[AC/# of 5K Damagers / # Rare]

Juggernaught/Guardian = 5 = Marauder/Sentinel

Operative/Scoundrel = 3 = Assassin/Shadow

Trooper/Bounty Hunter = 3 (1)

Sniper/Gunslinger = 2

Powertech/Vanguard = 3 (3)

Sorcerer/Sage = 1 (1)

Treating "Rare" as a -1 (for consistency) yields this ranking: [imp AC Names]

1 – Marauder & Juggernaught = 5 ea.

2 – Operative & Assassin = 3 ea.

3 – Sniper & Bounty Hunter = 2 ea.

4 – Powertech & Sorcerer = 0 ea.

Interesting breakdown...reminiscent of something. :p

Nerf Operatives...

im fairly confident in saying that the Powertech's TD does not hit 5k.... crits normally fall in the 4.2-4.8k area... i personally have never seen mine or been hit by one for 5k, close but not 5k.. rail shot on the other hand if seen crit for over 6k in WZ's Edited by wetslampigduex

I hit a 4.6k tonight (and I got the screens in case people think I would lie about it for some deranged reason). An Op that had around 17.5k HP,, so I would guess BMish?

I thought I was closer to BiS than I actually am (my Sage been retired since August, but was my only toon since early access). I got 741EXP, missing about 6 BiS WH mods, 2 WH Armorings for my belt/bracer, 1 BiS WH enh, and rolling a Columi, yes, Columi Hilt...

I have no doubt about it... its pretty close to 5k if you are BiS.

Edited by L-RANDLE

I removed it from Sin last week. It's still on sorc because I have more people telling me they have it happen than those that say it's impossible. Those that go with 600 expertise and high end damage increase pve gear tell me it's possible.

They're hardly helping your team much with 600 expertise as they're such a liability requiring constant protection; also they're missing out on approximately 12% bonus damage by not going up to 1200 expertise.

They're hardly helping your team much with 600 expertise as they're such a liability requiring constant protection; also they're missing out on approximately 12% bonus damage by not going up to 1200 expertise.

As of now power is still king. Well, as of patch 1.5, I haven't played 1.6 yet to see if there were any adjustments made behind the scenes.

And Sorcs usually need constant protection :p

Let's get away from the negative threads and do something entertaining (while we are at work/wherever). Almost all classes have a big hitter. Let's list them out. The way I look at this is attacks capable of hitting for over 5k. However, you can use your own judgement on what should be here. I will add in items as we go and I have time.

Smuggler / Agent

Operative / Scoundrel

-Hidden Strike / Shoot First 5k Capable (higher with Acid Blade / Flechette Round)

-Backstab / Backblast 5k Capable

-Underworld Medicine / Kolto Injection 5k Capable

-Kolto Pack/Kolto Infusion 5k Capable

-Hidden Strike/Shoot First - almost never hits for 5k against anyone with respectable gear

-Backstab/Back Blast - only hits for 5k on people with bad PVE gear...

-Kolto Pack/Kolto Infusion - if you seriously use this in your rotation as a healer, I'm going to come through this computer and slap you

I should preface this with the fact that I'm in fully auged WH with 5 EWH pieces and I stack power/cunning and set bonus crit, so my hits are even bigger than normal scoundrels

-Hidden Strike/Shoot First - almost never hits for 5k against anyone with respectable gear

-Backstab/Back Blast - only hits for 5k on people with bad PVE gear...

-Kolto Pack/Kolto Infusion - if you seriously use this in your rotation as a healer, I'm going to come through this computer and slap you

I should preface this with the fact that I'm in fully auged WH with 5 EWH pieces and I stack power/cunning and set bonus crit, so my hits are even bigger than normal scoundrels

I have many others that say they are capable. Personally I hit 5k with HS quite often. Especially pairing the acid blade damage. If well geared (as you are) HS direct damage only needs to be around 4200 to hit 5k w/acid blade from time to time. I've only hit 5k with backstab once, but pairing with acid blade I hit it often enough.

As for Kolto Pack, it doesn't matter if it's used or not, it hits 5k, which is the point of this thread.

My apologies, I assumed that we were talking about hitting an actually geared player rather than someone running around naked. Shoot First with Flechette Round will normally crit for 4.7-4.8k on a well geared sorc, but unless my 79.8% crit multiplier and my 970 bonus damage with1200 expertise is bugged, it won't hit for 5k against a respectably geared player.

My apologies, I assumed that we were talking about hitting an actually geared player rather than someone running around naked. Shoot First with Flechette Round will normally crit for 4.7-4.8k on a well geared sorc, but unless my 79.8% crit multiplier and my 970 bonus damage with1200 expertise is bugged, it won't hit for 5k against a respectably geared player.

We all know what assumptions are....

As I've said a number of times in this thread. The post is not about fully geared EWH (not the best) attacking BiS (the best) of vice versa. It's meant to show the big attacks of each AC, nothing more.