Yo, BW, put out a date for Gree Event returning.

BurnedRemains

Hey everyone!

Although I cannot completely satisfy your request by stating a date that the Gree event will be returning, I do have some information at least. The Gree event will be returning a whole lot sooner than you think (note no ™). Soon in this case, is Game Update 1.7.2!

As part of this I wanted to make you all aware of the fact that along with the Gree Event coming back, the Gold Scalene Armor is going to be removed from the store at the same time, but that armor could always come back at a later date!

As one last teaser, we have some pretty cool information coming next week, so keep your eyes open for that. :rak_03:

-eric

THANK YOU BIOWARE!!! Glad u took our less then pleasant advice on the gold scalene armor!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU BIOWARE!!! Glad u took our less then pleasant advice on the gold scalene armor!

I must've missed that. what do you mean? what advice, and why? I myself don't like that armor for many reasons. but what was said?

It sucks that this joke of a thread got a yellow response when there are so much more important issues out there...

Why is the Gree event returning so quickly?

Becuase it is based on an ancient starship traveling from planet to planet? :confused:

Hey everyone!

Although I cannot completely satisfy your request by stating a date that the Gree event will be returning, I do have some information at least. The Gree event will be returning a whole lot sooner than you think (note no ™). Soon in this case, is Game Update 1.7.2!

As part of this I wanted to make you all aware of the fact that along with the Gree Event coming back, the Gold Scalene Armor is going to be removed from the store at the same time, but that armor could always come back at a later date!

As one last teaser, we have some pretty cool information coming next week, so keep your eyes open for that. :rak_03:

-eric

Thanks for he reply brah. Once 1.7.2 date is posted, I will plan accordingly.

Off topic: really nice to see how active the community managers have become on the forums. That along with upcoming content really gives me very positive expectations about SWTOR in general :) Edited by iFruit

I can't help but wonder if this is a test to see what happens when they announce something popular is going to disappear from the Cartel Market. It worked on me, I'm logging in immediately and getting the Gold Scalene for my Gunslinger I started!

Hey everyone!

-eric

bolded for emphasis.

Very cool Eric...very cool.

Even though I'm glad it's returning they probably had the removal of the gold scalene armor planned , the title for legend status is "perfect gold bisector" So putting 1 and 1 together would imply we were going to get something for being legend . A lot of us will be legend a week Tuesday :)

Now all we need is an update on the 50 planetary comms total and what will happen to the excess when 2.0 goes live.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

• Dev Post
Even though I'm glad it's returning they probably had the removal of the gold scalene armor planned , the title for legend status is "perfect gold bisector" So putting 1 and 1 together would imply we were going to get something for being legend . A lot of us will be legend a week Tuesday :)

Now all we need is an update on the 50 planetary comms total and what will happen to the excess when 2.0 goes live.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I bolded and underlined what I am about to refer to, can you point me to a specific thread about this? I am 99% positive I know what you are referring to but I don't want to misspeak.

-eric

What like server transfers?

Well yes, that is definitely one of them. Transfers are the most important issue to me personally, I won't say that they are the most important to everyone, but I would definitely rank them way higher than this thread for the general population.

• Dev Post

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Alright, I have an answer for ya, I even come bearing details! The answer to the first part is that, as you know, you will have a cap of 50 Planetary Commendations. The new information I have for you (and I confirmed with Ahmad) is that the overflow that you will have when 2.0 launches is another 50 on top of that. What this means is that any Planetary Commendations that you have above 100 will be lost.

Hope that clears it up! Nice work chuixupu on trying to clear it up as well as that had "part" of the answer. Go team!

-eric

• Dev Post
Hey everyone!

As part of this I wanted to make you all aware of the fact that along with the Gree Event coming back, the Golden Scalene Armor is going to be removed from the store at the same time, but that armor could always come back at a later date!

Hi folks!

To piggyback a bit on what Eric's announced above with regards to Scalene Armor in patch 1.7.2:

In addition to removing Golden Scalene Armor with the next patch, your feedback prompted us to reduce the level requirement on all Cosmetic Galactic Reputation rewards to level 10. This includes Voss Ambassador's, Hyperspace Hotshot, Section Guardian, and all Scalene Armor.

In making this change, testing revealed that the Golden Scalene Armor's level requirement was also raised from 1 to 10. This means that players wearing the armor who are under level 10 won't get any benefit from the armor until the bug is fixed (we plan to deploy the fix with the patch following 1.7.2). We'll be sure this makes it on the Known Issues after the patch, but we wanted to let everyone know about this now. That way, if this will affect you and you're so inclined, you can hop on and level your characters to 10 before we deploy the patch! :tran_cool:

One final related thing I wanted to slip in for anyone who didn't see my post here. Companion Characters will be able to wear Reputation gear after Patch 1.7.2.

Please remember that testing can always prove to delay things, so if any of this changes, I'll let you know.

Edited by AmberGreen

Hi folks!

To piggyback a bit on what Eric's announced above with regards to Scalene Armor in patch 1.7.2:

In addition to removing Golden Scalene Armor with the next patch, your feedback prompted us to reduce the level requirement on all Cosmetic Galactic Reputation rewards to level 10. This includes Voss Ambassador's, Hyperspace Hotshot, Section Guardian, and all Scalene Armor.

In making this change, testing revealed that the Golden Scalene Armor's level requirement was also raised from 1 to 10. This means that players wearing the armor who are under level 10 won't get any benefit from the armor until the bug is fixed (we plan to deploy the fix with the patch following 1.7.2). We'll be sure this makes it on the Known Issues after the patch, but we wanted to let everyone know about this now. That way, if this will affect you and you're so inclined, you can hop on and level your characters to 10 before we deploy the patch! :tran_cool:

One final related thing I wanted to slip in for anyone who didn't see my post here. Companion Characters will be able to wear Reputation gear after Patch 1.7.2.

Please remember that testing can always prove to delay things, so if any of this changes, I'll let you know.

My jaw dropped. I'm sold. This is a new Bioware. Major kudos.

Edit: I was so stunned I forgot to say thank you. THANK YOU.

Edited by Keffeine

Alright, I have an answer for ya, I even come bearing details! The answer to the first part is that, as you know, you will have a cap of 50 Planetary Commendations. The new information I have for you (and I confirmed with Ahmad) is that the overflow that you will have when 2.0 launches is another 50 on top of that. What this means is that any Planetary Commendations that you have above 100 will be lost.

Hope that clears it up! Nice work chuixupu on trying to clear it up as well as that had "part" of the answer. Go team!

-eric

O brilliant , iv'e just come back from having my dinner and I read your first message then read this next one , I would have pointed you in the direction of the thread/s otherwise. Hey thanks a lot Eric iv'e been waiting on an answer for this and that is great news.

Yeah I realised that 50 maximum was great with no weekly cap but I was concerned that my comms above the 50 mark would go away. So 100 is great as I was working towards that figure for a few nights , i have used up a few comms under the 100 mark , but only on two characters last night . So I'm good to go.

Appreciate the update and yeah Go Team! Indeed!

Cheers,

BadOrb.