Premades; Why we do it

Arunas

Interesting topic. I also play on The Progenitor and regularly face - or get involuntarily teamed with - Requiem/Sith Dominion premades. Personally, but I believe I am an exception to the rule, I rather enjoy facing their premades, even when I'm in a PUG with no 4-man premade on our team, as it does provide an interesting challenge. Even when its a loss you can still take pride in making it as difficult for them as you can. And sometimes, admittedly this is uncommon, the PUG actually beats the premade, and that just feels pretty good.:)

What I dislike is getting placed with a Requiem/Sith Dominion premade vs a PUG. It's not their fault and I don't blame them, but I just hate rolling over a nearly chanceless collection of undergeared healer-less weekend pvp-ers, it's just boring.:(

Admittedly I have pretty good pvp gear, and so can go toe-to-toe with pretty much all the players the premades consists of, and the good gear also makes it much easier to impact the match. I can imagine being in recruit gear and facing premades is a much less fun experience as you will die in seconds and cannot beat anything even 1 on 1. I'm hoping Tuesday's patch with the shift from Battlemaster to War Hero will reduce the gear discrepancy between players.

As for warzone quitters, there really is no excuse even though some of you desperately try to justify your actions. Bioware needs to grow a spine and at the very least implement a lockout timer for warzones for the spineless toads that bail out at the mere hint of a possible loss. Why do these people even pvp in the first place? Do they only get a kick out of an effortless win?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. I'm just also gettting tired of people "wishing upon a star" instead of facing the facts.

So the facts we're getting without cross-servers are:

1. Season 1 (if ever launched) will take place on every server in about 2 hours until the top 4-5 guilds play matches against each other and the best wins. Repeat once every year. Feels very heroic.

2. It will never actually be determined, which team is the best in the game. Each server will get its little king guild (from the ones that always play against each other in ranked anyway to the point that they have alts in each other's guilds) from the 4-5 qualifying ones. Feels very heroic.

3. Competition level for participating guilds will be massively different. I imagine that there will be far more qualifying teams (and overall better gear or skill) on a US PvP server than on a French or Oceanic RP server. (No offense to said servers, it's only an educated guess that competition level is higher on a PvP server than on an RP one and that more people play overall on a US server than on a French or Oceanic one.

4. The best rewards are the ones that are incredibly unique, only given to the top teams. Without cross-server queues, an iteration of these rewards would have to be given out to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd finishers on every server after every season. So 20 servers, one 1st, 2nd, 3rd per server, each fielding 8 people, which means that 160 of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place rewards would be given out. 480 people getting the super-rare, super-unique rewards is an aweful lot when these items are usually reserved only for the best of the best. (Take a look at GW for example where the top PvP rewards range in 20-30 pieces only given out to the best of the best teams.)

Overall, it doesn't sound much, does it? I'm assuming that Bioware doesn't want the most expensive game ever made to fail. I sure don't and why would they? Ignoring cross-server PvP is a sure way to disaster.

Ignoring cross-server PvP is a sure way to disaster.

there is a difference between ignoring it, and lacking the existing system to implement cross server onto.

this game was not designed with cross server anything in mind. the original devs were heavily outspoken against cross server, and as such didnt design the game with that feature in mind, even as a future upgrade.

it is highly unlikely that we ever see cross server pvp. the amount of time and money needed to get it up and running would likely not yield enough of a return to warrant even attempting.

this is a business first and foremost, and if it doesnt make sense from a business perspective they wont be doing it.

So the facts we're getting without cross-servers are

Well, you speculated a fair bit.

My viewpoint:

- No major changes in pvp gameplay is coming. Class balancing will happen in the future.

- Forget about cross-server.

- Forget about seperation of pug vs premade.

- The current matchmaking is joke.