TORParse.com

Lyynk

Thanks for the suggestions Solidslush. The Group view is definitely something I need to revisit as it is pretty much unchanged from its first iteration. It's on my list of things to do, but I like a lot of your suggestions and will take a look at it. Thanks!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lyynk, will there be any future consideration for a live parser that connects to the web database?

Torparse is my crack. :)

Am wondering the same. If I recall right you mentioned working on a desktop parser in your previous TORParse.com thread, roughly half a year ago. Is it still being worked on?

Thank you for the compliments guys :)

Yes there will be a live parser. It is a huge project I'm working on right now and have been posting updates to the site blog every few weeks on the progress of it. Click here for the site blog. If you look through the posts there, you will find a few labeled "Desktop/Torparse Application Update" where you can see screenshots and get info on the project.

I can't give any sort of time frame for when it will be done... it greatly depends on how much free time I get to devote to the project from other real life obligations, but it is coming along quite nicely.

Thank you for the compliments guys :)

Yes there will be a live parser. It is a huge project I'm working on right now and have been posting updates to the site blog every few weeks on the progress of it. Click here for the site blog. If you look through the posts there, you will find a few labeled "Desktop/Torparse Application Update" where you can see screenshots and get info on the project.

I can't give any sort of time frame for when it will be done... it greatly depends on how much free time I get to devote to the project from other real life obligations, but it is coming along quite nicely.

Is there a way we can contribute to expedite the process?

just found out about this Torparse thing. I've signed up but i don't see where any kind of Desktop Application can be downloaded. how do i start it up? do i have to press anything to start it? i don't see combat logs anywhere in any of my Swtor files.

as someone who has no knowledge to what parsing is, how will you make your website noob friendly? should i just google it instead? yeah i guess i'll do that. lol. i know it tracks dps, but other than that, /shrug.

just found out about this Torparse thing. I've signed up but i don't see where any kind of Desktop Application can be downloaded. how do i start it up? do i have to press anything to start it? i don't see combat logs anywhere in any of my Swtor files.

as someone who has no knowledge to what parsing is, how will you make your website noob friendly? should i just google it instead? yeah i guess i'll do that. lol. i know it tracks dps, but other than that, /shrug.

There is nothing to download at this time. In the future, there will be. The website provides you the ability to look at your combat log after the fact. First, you need to make sure you have combat logging turned on in the game under the Preferences menu. Then, go to http://www.torparse.com/upload and upload that combat log. Combat logs are located in "My Documents/Star Wars - The Old Republic/CombatLogs".

• 4 weeks later...
I updated the fight detection system today and completely rewrote vanish and in-combat revive detection. If you are a class that can vanish from combat, you should notice your fights are parsed together a bit more smoothly now. And in-combat revive should be recognized better than before. Thanks!

Love what you did with the site

As a healer it is awesome to see some real numbers instead of the crap some other parsers give. Actual HPS and the %for tanks are really useful tool for stepping your game up.

Is there any chance of WZ's being added? I'm not so much interested in the rankings (although the leaderboards are *********** awesome for PVE). I would just like a tool that doesn't clock overheal and takes into consideration out of combat time in my HPS.

Either way thanks for all your hard work!

Love what you did with the site

As a healer it is awesome to see some real numbers instead of the crap some other parsers give. Actual HPS and the %for tanks are really useful tool for stepping your game up.

Is there any chance of WZ's being added? I'm not so much interested in the rankings (although the leaderboards are *********** awesome for PVE). I would just like a tool that doesn't clock overheal and takes into consideration out of combat time in my HPS.

Either way thanks for all your hard work!

As for adding Warzones to the rankings, there is nothing in the works for that to happen. I really haven't even looked to see if it is something viable. PvE Statistics work because you can tell what instance people are running and what boss they're killing just by parsing the numbers in the combat log (read: no manual work required). I'm not sure the same is possible for PvP, although I could be mistaken. It is an interesting idea and I'll jot it down to give it a good look at sometime in the future.

• 1 month later...

Now that TorParse has the desktop parser and the website so that we can see top DPS parses for each boss it is by far the best parse/DPS log for SWTOR. It's recount and world of logs in one :)

Nothing else comes close, keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the kind words :) I'm hoping to have the ingame parser finished very soon.

The server migration is still ongoing today. This will cause problems connecting to the website. Apologies for the inconvenience.... there is quite a lot of data to move. Should be done with the server migration sometime this evening or tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not sure if it was intended or if there is information elsewhere; however, there is no statistics tab for any of the new 2.0 content. Also, I believe there is a bug on the statistics of the second fight in TFB. No information shows for 16 man (Could it still be a server migration thing?).

I'll be redoing the Statistics pages for the 2.0 content in the coming weeks. Thanks for pointing out that the boss wasn't showing anything... was a small configuration error with the server transfer that I've fixed now. Edited by Lyynk

The Statistics pages are now updated for SWTOR 2.0. I've also added the Operations Training Dummy and the ability to filter all stats by advanced class. I could still use a little bit of help verifying some of the bosses. Thanks!

A little note, the 5th boss of the new Op (Olok the shadow) seems to only take into the account the 3rd phase of this fight. I don't know if this was chosen on purpose, but it's ignoring the phase up top (fighting the wealthy buyer) and the first ground phase (clearing the puzzle) and treating those as trash, instead of part of the boss. The MOX parser also breaks the fights in the same place, so there may be some reason for this in the logs, I'm not sure. I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Edit: Not many parses for 16M HM/NiM seem to be updating for the last 2 bosses. I know a bunch of logs have been uploaded for the last boss that don't show up on the statistics page, and almost no logs show for the second to last boss.

http://www.torparse.com/a/181266 An example of a log that updated for the rest of the fights, but not those two.

Edited by namesaretough

Thank you for adding individual classes. Makes the sorc inside me feel good even though I'm up there with all AC's now lol

Some of the fights are glitched, imma re upload log and see if that fixes it.

IE: http://www.torparse.com/a/181672 Shows me above 2K but I'm not listed on the fight. dunno owell, great job though.

Edited by JDotter