Huttball Tie Break = Lame

Twighead

Anyone else that would like to see this changed? Possession is a stupid way to determine the winner. Half the time it's a matter of luck of who gets the ball with the right amount of time left in the game.

A 2-3 minute, sudden death overtime period would be better (sudden death means the first goal scored wins it, for you non sports fans). If it was still tied after that, then I'm sure we could come up with a better idea for a tie breaker than what we have. Almost anything would be better.

It can be frustrating but I don't really have an issue with it. I have a problem with a marauder having the ball with 30 seconds left and full health with a guard on him and decides to pass the ball to a sorc with half health, not that this happened to me last night...

Sudden death could be cool but they shortened this game up for a reason and adding to the length could really suck as when facing two good teams could last a while.

Anyone else that would like to see this changed? Possession is a stupid way to determine the winner. Half the time it's a matter of luck of who gets the ball with the right amount of time left in the game..

It's only luck if people aren't paying attention.

I don't mind the tie breaker so much, but maybe something to spice it up. If the score is tied in the last 60 seconds, anyone that holds the ball more than ten seconds explodes. So you're still trying to keep the ball at the end, but not stacking in the corner of a pit spamming heals. Make the last 60 seconds kind of a 'hot potato', but if you spike it and no one picks it up, then the other team wins. It'd be chaotic, but exciting. *shrug*

At the very least people would have to practice their passing in that last 60 seconds, if they managed to avoid it for the previous 13 minutes like they usually do...

Edited by criminalheretic

They should make a tie end in a DEATH MATCH!

It would totally fit the lore too.

Giradda the Hutt: "Ootaaa Woottaaaa!!1 Blaerrggg!!!"

Announcer : "Errm, Giradda the Hutt proclaims that there are no draws in Huttball... Uhm... the winners of the match will be decided by a uh... Battle to the Death!!:

Giradda the Hutt: "Toowallaaa Beeaaaggggh!!"

Then everyone gets one life and the winner is the last team standing.

Someything would have to be done about stealthers hidding out when they are the last man left... chillin in some corner somewhere...

They should make a tie end in a DEATH MATCH!

It would totally fit the lore too.

Giradda the Hutt: "Ootaaa Woottaaaa!!1 Blaerrggg!!!"

Announcer : "Errm, Giradda the Hutt proclaims that there are no draws in Huttball... Uhm... the winners of the match will be decided by a uh... Battle to the Death!!:

Giradda the Hutt: "Toowallaaa Beeaaaggggh!!"

Then everyone gets one life and the winner is the last team standing.

Someything would have to be done about stealthers hidding out when they are the last man left... chillin in some corner somewhere...

I like it :)

Random poping scan droids which increase in number over time.

Or put everybody in a state where all enemies are visible on map and minimap, even the stealthed ones. (A marker. And if it takes too long time, Giradda could release his "security droids" that are set to eliminate marked organics).

Edited by Altheran

Possible changes to huttball ties:

Reset the ball if the ball carrier is behind the horizontal line into their own pit in the last minute.

Change the tiebreaker to who had the most time of possession on the opponent's side of the arena (their pit and closer to goal line).

Increase ball carrier speed by 50% in the last minute if tied.

Or just leave it how it is and score more goals so you don't tie.

It's completely fine the way it is now in my opinion. If for some reason they absolutely felt like it had to be changed then the best way to determine the tie is simple. Right below the scores on the UI have a timer under each team. Whenever your team controls the ball your timer goes up. At the end of the tied match which ever team had control of the ball the longest during the match wins the game. Again, I'm fine with the way it is now though but if I had to change it that's how I would do it.

It's completely fine the way it is now in my opinion. If for some reason they absolutely felt like it had to be changed then the best way to determine the tie is simple. Right below the scores on the UI have a timer under each team. Whenever your team controls the ball your timer goes up. At the end of the tied match which ever team had control of the ball the longest during the match wins the game. Again, I'm fine with the way it is now though but if I had to change it that's how I would do it.

Total time of possession would make things worse. Just get ahead by 1 or 2 points then hold the ball for as long as possible.

Total time of possession would make things worse. Just get ahead by 1 or 2 points then hold the ball for as long as possible.

I agree that it doesn't need to be changed, but you don't need to be so mean man. Not liking an arguably dumb mechanic is fair, he has his right to an opinion, and by no means does it make him bad to complain about it.

It's not like he said, I DON'T LIKE BEING SAP CAPPED ON A NODE CHANGE SAP CAPS. That's just someone being an idiot.

This isn't a L2P issue, it's just his opinion.

A few times on my Sorc, I've pulled our ball carrier out of reach of the enemy teams into our own upper platforms or out of the pit. I've seen similar other plays. Amazing games!

Huttball matches like this are usually smash mouth games of evenly matched teams trading possession in a brutal, meat grinder fashion. Does it get any better?

Guess you missed the part where I said I like it the way it is. You are wrong though about the one or two goal lead. If your team is good enough to score vs the other team you are going to keep playing and trying to score not turtle. The only time I see the turtle happening is in a game with two very evenly matched teams where it's obvious neither team will be able to score.

Winning Huttball by possession is among the most thrilling experiences the game has to offer. So I disagree.

I agree with this disagree :p

Deciding when to turtle is an interesting decision. Being able to stay alive when you are turtling is not luck. Getting the ball after a reset is not luck.

The current system is great.

I don't really have an issue with it but I think there is virtue in having a record that also takes into account having a draw (tie) record along with wins and losses. This is especially helpful to in voidstar where no one caps the first door instead of having most kills as the tiebreaker. If you are having an objective type of game, I think both teams deserve some credit in preventing you to score or preventing you to cap as opposed to just slapping you with a loss record (if ranked).

If you haven't scored 6 goals in 13 minutes... what makes you think you're gonna score one in another 2-3 minutes?

I actually like it... makes for some pretty exciting last minute mayhem.

I didn't read ALL of the comments in here but I can't see a logical way to change it. "Overtime" definitely does not sound like a logical idea IMO.

In that scenario there would be no tie breaker, you know, cause you're ahead by 1 or 2 points. :rak_03:

I assume he wanted to say that people would change their offensive strategy in defensive strategy to lenghten the match (and farming people), and so even if they screw their tactics and the ennemy team succed to make a tie, the fact that they focused on keeping the ball would make them have an automatic win.

To not attack while winning, screwing the defensive strategy ending in a tie, and not fearing to lose at all even with having failed, doesn't seem right. Follow the same scheme in another WZ, they wouldn't have a winning warranty.