Unbalanced amount of strength/willpower gear?

I been having a hell of a time trying to gear my op and merc, even in groups with at least 3 BH/Agents it's still 90%+ str/wp with the rare cunning drop. Aim? Forget about it, no matter the group comp. I'm not the only one to notice it too, from SM FPs to HM TFB/SmV guildies and pugs all comment that it's next to impossible to gear if you're not a favored class.

Anyone else really discouraged by this? :/

Complete opposite of our group. The majority of our drops are cunning, to the point where our gunslingers no longer need any of it. We're gearing out alts with the random cunning pieces that drop now.

Our vanguard isn't quite as lucky, but we still get a fair amount of aim pieces.

Edited by zeshakha

Complete opposite of our group. The majority of our drops are cunning, to the point where our gunslingers no longer need any of it. We're gearing out alts with the random cunning pieces that drop now.

Our vanguard isn't quite as lucky, but we still get a fair amount of aim pieces.

I wish, just tonight I did 14 man EC and KP with 4 of the group including me being BH, then did 2 55 HMs after with myself and a PT tank. Not a single piece of aim gear. It's gotten to the point of me being asked to shelve my merc so I can progress with the rest of my raid group.

We have seen a lot of willpower gear drop, but it's just BW rng at its best again. On our 1st run through TFB HM after 2.0, it was dps verpine aim gear every drop. The problem with this? There is not a single piece of black market or verpine gear that drops, that has the higher power mod it them and no enhancements with power in them (it's only the vendor version that has the high powe mod in it). It's all crit on the mod and either crit/acc or crit/alac on the enhancements. This makes these drops worthless for a dps commando/merc.

I'm sure it's random, but I've certainly noticed lots of strength and willpower. More specifically, I've noticed a large amount of strength gear (bulwark, specifically) dropping from FPs, and tons of willpower fropping from Ops. Tonight, for example, in a full SV run, every non-token drop except for one was willpower.

Im my experience, whenever 3 members of a group are the same class, the 4th gets nearly all the gear

You might be onto something, this is what I found out last night on my scoundrel healer with 3 JK, with every drop being Cunning based.

RNG.... bad luck... on my operative, I *notice* more str tanking gear. on my jugg all I see is cunning... 4 days ago did 3 operations in a row, got one item.

in 1.2 my fresh 50 powertech, 2 hours later (2 runs in a row ev/kp hm) was full rakata from head to toe.

don't worry, very next day after you upgrade gear using elite comms, same piece of gear will drop :o

You might be onto something, this is what I found out last night on my scoundrel healer with 3 JK, with every drop being Cunning based.

Something similar happened for my Jedi Sage with three troopers. All will items.

I don't know if it's a correct assumption that each Stat has a 25% chance of coming out if one person using that stat is in the flashpoint/Operation. If it is, then statistically about one person in a hundred will have a run of sixteen drops without seeing one of theirs. About one person in a thousand will have a run of twenty-four drops without seeing their desired stat item drop. Simply put, some people are going to be statistical outliers in a system depending on chance. I imagine it would be possible to implement one where a group could select a reward from a set of options, though how that would work in terms of player expectations is harder to say.

Edited by ThatGnome

blah blah blah blah.

love how people always complain about RNG.

person 1 "On no! no tank gear drops"

person 2 " oh no, always tanking gear and I need dps caster gear"

person 3 "we get caster always and never melee drops"

person 4" i got all my sentinal gear in 2 runs"

If a piece has 10% droprate it doesnt mean you need to kill it 10 times to get it. It has 10% everytime you kill it. You could kill it 100 times and still not getting it.

A coin has 2 sides. 50% chance of getting head and 50% of getting tails. You flip it 100 times. You get 75 times head and 25 time tail. The chance of getting head or tails is STILL 50%.

)repost(

The RNG is working, just is frustrating sometimes.

Out of 20 55FP runs on my merc I have gotten one piece of gear. Sorc in my guild was complaining that aim gear is all he sees. Cleared HM S&V last night and with one sniper in group, Every Verpine piece that dropped was cunning. Just happens.

blah blah blah blah.

love how people always complain about RNG.

person 1 "On no! no tank gear drops"

person 2 " oh no, always tanking gear and I need dps caster gear"

person 3 "we get caster always and never melee drops"

person 4" i got all my sentinal gear in 2 runs"

If a piece has 10% droprate it doesnt mean you need to kill it 10 times to get it. It has 10% everytime you kill it. You could kill it 100 times and still not getting it.

A coin has 2 sides. 50% chance of getting head and 50% of getting tails. You flip it 100 times. You get 75 times head and 25 time tail. The chance of getting head or tails is STILL 50%.

)repost(

That sounds nice, but I can pretty confidently say I've reached near mathematical impossibility even for "RNG". I understand that in a large sample set this is bound to happen. But it still sucks and BW could tweak their group composition calculation to give fairer drops.