still cant RE all orange crafted gear!

babyboom

Wow, are we still talking about this? Buy low level armoring mods then RE the items. I figured this out on day one of 1.2 because it told us in the patch notes. I think that allowing all orange gear to be RE'ed without mods is just them trying to satisfy bad crafters who don't go the extra step to RE those items.

I've heard tossing any ilevel Armoring into an Orange piece of gear will allow you to RE it.

I can RE the level 50, valor rank 60 pvp orange armor if I put even just a low level armoring mod in it.

If you place an Armoring component into any empty Orange shell, you can now RE it. I use the lowest level green Armorings produced by Cybertechs at 2 Desh each. 2 Desh is usually a good trade for 1-2 Zal Alloy and Durasteel.

------------------

Ive come to the conclusion that this is either by design just so people burn through materials faster or there's multiple developers working on the orange item system who aren't communicating with one another. More likely the latter, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

You can't come to a conclusion when you assume.

The only thing that this does is improve the economy by requiring crafters to buy low level armoring mods from cybertechs. Note: you need an armoring mod that works with your skills. (example: Synthweavers can RE any orange item with the resolve (willpower) armoring mod).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, are we still talking about this? Buy low level armoring mods then RE the items. I figured this out on day one of 1.2 because it told us in the patch notes. I think that allowing all orange gear to be RE'ed without mods is just them trying to satisfy bad crafters who don't go the extra step to RE those items.

Where can I buy low level armorings?

I was just hoping that it meant we could use the money sink of removing armoring/mods and be able to RE and learn new schematics of existing orange gear. I mean if I willingly spend my money to empty it...why not yanno? =)

Are we still talking about it? That only worked with the battlemaster/warhero etc. stuff. Which is now (apparently) the stuff that no longer needs the armoring.

'Course, the only stuff with expensive mats that any sane crafter would be making *is* the battlemaster/warhero stuff, (for the boots/gloves) so meh. This patch sorta gets the job done. Anybody making more expensive armor "for the looks" is presumably having it special ordered, and anybody crafting the lvl 50 weapons are just being silly.

"Custom (orange) moddable items that have no modifications installed can now be reverse engineered."

*** guys. this is wrong.....

We shouldn't have to figure anything out like putting our classes armoring in. Stop screwing around so much, your starting to remind me of SOE. If people have to be replaced do it. this game needs changing quick.

CANE

<Rage>

The Crucible Pits

The problem is that Bioware is being very vague in their patch notes. They aren't clearly detailing which sets of custom items can be reverse-engineered. Many people took the patch notes the wrong way because of this.

QFT!

They really need to clarify.

• Dev Post
We have some more details about this patch note - this change made more Custom (orange) items available for reverse engineering, but it currently does not include crafted Custom items. We will be adding the ability to reverse engineer crafted Custom items in the future, but that functionality was not included in this change. Sorry for the confusion; we're updating the patch note right now.

What I do not get is why they do not make a portion of dropped greens/loot RE-able into orange shells. A lot of that armor is normally useless (stat wise) and people would be able to customize their looks further.

We have some more details about this patch note - this change made more Custom (orange) items available for reverse engineering, but it currently does not include crafted Custom items. We will be adding the ability to reverse engineer crafted Custom items in the future, but that functionality was not included in this change. Sorry for the confusion; we're updating the patch note right now.

Huh? The whole reason we want to RE orange gear (assuming we can't get schematics from it), is so that we don't have to vendor all the crit failures when making augmented oranges. There's no point in letting us RE non-crafted oranges for a few common crafting mats, don't waste your time.

The miscommunications about crafting changes also have to stop. Either list every single item that has had a change and what that change was (preferable, since you have to have those lists internally), or be very, very specific about the group of items that you changed, eg, "flashpoint orange drops are now REable for common crafting materials only", "crafted oranges from UT schematics", "oranges from repeatable heroics", etc. Be specific, even if you feel like you need to split that out into a different set of patch notes for the non-casuals.

Edited by XavinNydek

Huh? The whole reason we want to RE orange gear (assuming we can't get schematics from it), is so that we don't have to vendor all the crit failures when making augmented oranges. There's no point in letting us RE non-crafted oranges for a few common crafting mats, don't waste your time.

The miscommunications about crafting changes also have to stop. Either list every single item that has had a change and what that change was (preferable, since you have to have those lists internally), or be very, very specific about the group of items that you changed, eg, "flashpoint orange drops are now REable for common crafting materials only", "crafted oranges from UT schematics", "oranges from repeatable heroics", etc. Be specific, even if you feel like you need to split that out into a different set of patch notes for the non-casuals.

I'll definitely go on board on this note. SWTOR's patch notes have been consistently and embarrassingly underwhelming, it'd be really great if we could get actual lists of what's been changed in general from one patch to another.

I can reverse engineer my War Hero crafted oranges.

Which is a "Crafted custom item" - which you claim cannot be REed.

Save us time and just don't post patch notes in the future. Just post

2.1.3 Changes

SOME STUFF! Figure it out yourselves!

That way it's like a game! People will still be forced to spend every patch day figuring out what really changed but now they will be happy when they find out all the stuff that's really been changed instead of disappointed and frustrated with the repeated inability to post patch notes that reflect how the game has changed.

Edited by lexiekaboom

What I do not get is why they do not make a portion of dropped greens/loot RE-able into orange shells. A lot of that armor is normally useless (stat wise) and people would be able to customize their looks further.

Some of the "green" stuff looks better than the craftable items :confused:

A lot of the craftable green/blue/purple items that we can make are becoming useless with the expansion of the orange stuff. I think it would have been much easier to create an appearance tab (see LOTRO) instead of expanding the orange.

Edited by Entilzha

I can reverse engineer my War Hero crafted oranges.

Which is a "Crafted custom item" - which you claim cannot be REed.

sorry, don't take it the wrong way but... you're thick m8.

i will come again and will give you more details in some other post... maybe.

geez....

I was curious, the social armors in the game... can we expect to see them on the list to reverse engineer and player craft in the future? I mean the goal of the social/orange armor types was to promote more variety of appearance, and yet without the ability to RE and craft these items having them is pointless since none of them can have aug slots.

I know there are lots of orange armor types out there, but i am more concerned about the social armor, the CE social armor specifically

sorry, don't take it the wrong way but... you're thick m8.

i will come again and will give you more details in some other post... maybe.

geez....

Please do so. Might be because English is not my native language, but to me the yellow claim and what actually is implemented in game are 2 different things.

Prior to the patch I couldnt RE WarHero craftables. And no other craftables as well.

The yellow now says "it doesnt include crafted custom items" and "it wasnt included in this change".

But now I am able to RE the craftable WarHero gear. Which leads me to believe that it was changed.

It just shows that no one has any idea what actually is implemented in the patches.

Please do so. Might be because English is not my native language, but to me the yellow claim and what actually is implemented in game are 2 different things.

Prior to the patch I couldnt RE WarHero craftables. And no other craftables as well.

The yellow now says "it doesnt include crafted custom items" and "it wasnt included in this change".

But now I am able to RE the craftable WarHero gear. Which leads me to believe that it was changed.

It just shows that no one has any idea what actually is implemented in the patches.

sorry, i think we both misunderstood each other.

i was under the impression that you advocated that BW's patch notes (that were btw changed recently to reflect reality... sort of) are ok.

so for my part, if that was not your intent, i beg your pardon.

• Dev Post
As some of you have mentioned, endgame crafted Custom items (like Campaign and Black Hole gear) CAN be reverse engineered. Non-endgame crafted Custom items and social gear cannot be reverse engineered at this time - sorry again for the confusion; we'll make sure the patch note reflects this. We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered in the future. Edited by AllisonBerryman

As some of you have mentioned, endgame crafted Custom items (like Campaign and Black Hole gear) CAN be reverse engineered. Non-endgame crafted Custom items cannot be reverse engineered at this time - sorry again for the confusion; we'll make sure the patch note reflects this. We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered in the future.

Oh, thank you thank you.

I'm willing to bet my life on the fact that this is just damage control for yet another glitch in the patch.

This only makes it worse.

Out of 14 people i know that bought this game none but me still plays it - i love Star Wars universe, i;m kind of a freak (my wife tells me) watching the movies once per year, and i plan to indoctrinate my son into this as well, but this won't hold me for much longer.

You will soon find yourselves barking at the moon.

P.S. don't take it personally please, i know you;re just a messenger -> AllisonBerryman

Oh, thank you thank you.

I'm willing to bet my life on the fact that this is just damage control for yet another glitch in the patch.

This only makes it worse.

Out of 14 people i know* that bought this game none but me still plays it - i love Star Wars universe, i;m kind of a freak (my wife tells me) watching the movies once per year, and i plan to indoctrinate my son into this as well, but this won't hold me for much longer.

You will soon find yourselves barking at the moon.

P.S. don't take it personally please, i know you;re just a messenger -> AllisonBerryman

*my generation usually considers "knowing" people as knowing and interacting with them in RL not a virtual environment. So yes, 14 real flesh and bones persons...

-> ooops, quoted instead of editing <-

Edited by Urdnaxela

As some of you have mentioned, endgame crafted Custom items (like Campaign and Black Hole gear) CAN be reverse engineered. Non-endgame crafted Custom items cannot be reverse engineered at this time - sorry again for the confusion; we'll make sure the patch note reflects this. We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered in the future.

Does the future plans also include to be able to learn receipts like for example the republican dancer outfit via RE which is bop since its from the authenticator token vendor ?