UW missions only showing companion gifts

lightSaberAddiCt

It is pretty crazy, all the UW missions for all the levels are just showing companion gifts. I mean how is anyone suppose to craft or collect metals, when 99% of all the missions are companion gifts. As it is right now, this crew skill is pretty worthless.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Have been having this problem for months.

Crafting Skills:

Armormech

Cybertech

Synthweaving

Amount of schematics that craft with Companion Gifts ... = ... 0

This is also a problem with Treasure Hunting and even Diplomacy, although with those you also get lockboxes (TH) and syringes/med packs/ etc... for (BC)

I have sent them (BW) screenshots with 4 or all 5 spots Companion Gifts on missions, and comparable shots for Diplomacy and Treasure Hunting.

I believe the missions wil reset and change by logging out, entering then leaving your ship, and entering a WZ (not 100% sure about this one, but I do the other two all the time. )

I believe the missions wil reset and change by logging out, entering then leaving your ship, and entering a WZ (not 100% sure about this one, but I do the other two all the time. )

Nope tried it a number of times, sure it loads different name missions, but yet again they are all companion gifts. I have been checking this for about 4 days now.

Maybe try running 1 lvl 1 mission. When it gets back it resets the whole list sometimes. I get frustrated too when all I get are companion missions, but usually relogging, zoning in/out of ship shuffles them up. Granted, I have to relog or rezone multiple times sometimes and it usually fixes it. As a last resort running a lvl 1 mission fixes it too. I've never had it not shuffle in some metals or fabrics before eventually tho. If nothing works, maybe it's bugged.

This has become a very serious problem for me after 1.2

I have three alts with underworld trading at 300+

All of them have no underworld metals missions on their lists, and that happens day after day after day, on all tiers. Even if i try to harvest underworld metals 30 lvls below what i need, i still cant do it cuz theres none on my lists.

Its definitely bugged, wonder if they working on a fix.

Yeah I have cybertech on my main, and UW on both that toon, and my other toon (both of them at 400) since I am grinding out purple earplants as well as lower level purple armor mods, I generally use all the levels of metals. I have never gone as far down as level 1, but I will give it a try.

Maybe they are doing this as a credit sink, making players have to spends thousands before getting metal missions, I have no idea. But since you mentioned it, it has gotten alot worse since 1.2...

• 1 month later...

Well I am beginning to think that the dev dept in charge of crafting crew skills and missions plays on another system that doesn't have the issues of the actual in game missions.

If they played and crafted like anyone else, and followed the lead of making alts as intended, then maybe they would change the tune they croak.

Try the real deal BW dev dept and see if it "is working as intended" in the true meaning of actually working as intended, to be able to actually craft something for a character before it is too out of date to be viable and or worth the bull of putting up with a broke down system.

I have just a few day left on my game time and not planning on renew it due to turning in tickets on this problem. And getting the reply (We will investagate!) then they close the ticket. Poor way to run a game!!

Having that problem now. Trying to get enough Mandalorian Ore for crafting.

Logging in and out.. was a work around for me but.. its getting irritating when you have to do that 10 times an hour.

Edited by ThroneOfOP

i have the opposite problem, never enough companion gifts! i just want to max affection than worry about this crafting stuff.

Can i have your extra mats?

Seriously, though, this is annoying. It wasn't so bad when I was doing a lot of dailies to get my character geared via daily commendations. In those days I had plenty of cash, and I could buy the UT missions. I'd send Doc, who has the efficiency bonus, and get some nice returns.

Now I'm just doing missions and it's maybe 1 chance in 3 to find a grade 6 metals mission (!)

Fleet <=> Ship, for me it's the quickest way to refresh the mission list. I wish UWT had lock box missions where I might get schematics or useable items, instead of dozens of useless companion missions. Any time I'd take gift missions I'd end up with gifts none of my companions wanted.

I wish they'd rework some companions who only "like" a couple categories of gifts to actually "love" something most of the companions are currently "indifferent" to. Or just do away with "indifferent" and change the system to Love>Favorite>Like so people aren't tempted to discard so many types of gifts. That wouldn't help players with max affection with all companions who want to exclude gift missions.

Not sure if this makes a difference or if it's just wishful thinking. I'll often take up 2 of the compan missions, then relog/board ship. Leaves a bit more room in mission list for the better ones to pop up.

Like I say, probably justwishful thinking but i like to think it might make a difference.

:D

I have just a few day left on my game time and not planning on renew it due to turning in tickets on this problem. And getting the reply (We will investagate!) then they close the ticket. Poor way to run a game!!

To be fair, it was stated elsewhere in a developer interview, but "closed" doesn't mean the developers are done with/ignoring an issues, "Closed" only means customer support is done with the issue. (Which usually means they've forwarded it on to the actual developers, and it's no longer an issue being dealt with by costumer support. Though it's still true the developers may or may not ignore the issue now that it's on their plate)

Admittedly, perhaps there should be a better "customer facing" term for this status. Perhaps "forwarded to development?"

(Personally, I'd be inclined to argue when you submit an issue as a bug, it should just skip customer support entirely and there really *is* no need for a status)