No Item Modification Station on the Republic Fleet??

voigtboy

To bad i hate traveling to Coruscant to remove mods :(

you dont need to be anywhere to remove mods. Just ctrl right click the item and take the mod out. Crafting stations are an artifact from their old mod system from beta. You dont need em anymore.

I cannot fathom why people keep asking about the stations and asking how to mod an item when, in fact, every item that is moddable has a tool tip line that reads in bright orange "Shift+Right Click to Modify." Additionally, when you get your first orange weapon, you get a mission to read a lore object which unlocks a codex about modification...

Mod stations should be removed to help alleviate this strange confusion.

Edited by Zebular

Mod stations should be removed to help alleviate this strange confusion.
I agree. They are already useless, what's the point in them?

I lol'd at how they actually put one on the station... They should just remove them all, I say.

you dont need to be anywhere to remove mods. Just ctrl right click the item and take the mod out. Crafting stations are an artifact from their old mod system from beta. You dont need em anymore.

Thank you for the info.

The previous games required a table, and the initial quest directed me to a table, so I assumed I had to use a table. Now I feel kinda dumb.

They ARE useful, If you do reverse engineering on an item you will learn to do a more powerful one.

Thus, if some of your gear have modification items on it, wich you might be able to manufacture, you can remove them (instead of destroying them) and learn how to make a new one, but better.

They ARE useful, If you do reverse engineering on an item you will learn to do a more powerful one.

Thus, if some of your gear have modification items on it, wich you might be able to manufacture, you can remove them (instead of destroying them) and learn how to make a new one, but better.

You can remove them without a Mod Station and not destroy them. I do this all the time, then reverse engineer the old Mod.

Again, the tables serve no purpose in the Live system.

The table quest does cause some major confusion.

You idiots keep saying "read yo ****", but nobody actually bothers checking for this after they've been given a quest to modify their gear.

It's perfectly normal to assume you need a mod station to mod gear, considering you were given a quest to use one after getting a free mod from a quest.

It's just a faulty tutorial quest, get rid of it and the stations and add a proper tutorial quest.

What they should do is give us a reason to use them. Maybe reduce the costs of removing mods if you use a table to do it, that sort of thing.

Honestly I wish they'd left it that you can only mod at a table. I miss the sense of comradery you get when a bunch of players are gathered in one spot for a shared purpose.

What they should do is give us a reason to use them. Maybe reduce the costs of removing mods if you use a table to do it, that sort of thing.

Honestly I wish they'd left it that you can only mod at a table. I miss the sense of comradery you get when a bunch of players are gathered in one spot for a shared purpose.

Why remove cost? Credits are stupid easy to get. I'm looking for more cash sinks atm.

Mod tables actually do have an advantage.

When you go to a mod table you can compare mods in your inventory to the ones equipped in your gear without taking the gear off.

This is really good info. Thanks for sharing- it will hell me a great deal in the future.

Mod tables actually do have an advantage.

When you go to a mod table you can compare mods in your inventory to the ones equipped in your gear without taking the gear off.

But you don't need to take anything off to compare them....